Value of: Michael Dal Colle

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
He has zero confidence. I keep reading about how he's busting because of his skating, but being a bad skater shouldn't prevent you from at the very least standing out at prospect camp as a 22 year old.

Maybe he'll surprise and become an NHL player to some extent, but at this point Isles fans have zero expectations of him. You won't find him in any "future lines" posts.

As far as trade value? I dunno, another highly picked disappointment I would guess. Isles aren't going to trade him for a late pick. I guess they could throw him in to a package for something bigger, but how much value does he even add to said package? He'll most likely be held on to and at the very least provide some AHL depth. I'm sure Trotz will at least want to get a look at him.

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Isles could probably flip him to Edmonton for Puljujarvi and a 1st

Whenever Snow deals with Chiarelli, I can see him going into some kind of trance... Like “Frank the Tank” in the debate scene from the movie Old School. He then quickly reverts to his usual self for all other parts of his life.

As for the original poster, clearly he wants to trade Bennett for Dal Colle. Islanders begrudgingly accept. :sarcasm:

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Fun fact: Sam Bennett, Michael Dal Colle, and Connor McDavid are all born in the same town of Richmond Hill, Ontario.

Not-so-fun Fact: The town of Richmond Hill, Ontario has an evil witch who only the McDavid family would offer shelter during a horrid snowstorm, so she put a curse on MDC + Bennett to give all their talent to McDavid. As long as Dal Colle finds true love in his draft+5 season, there's a chance the witch will undo the curse.

Isles Junkie

Jul 4, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
There isn't a team in the game that would give up anything more than a 4th round pick for him at this point. It makes more sense to hang on to him and hope he can salvage his career.

HappySabresFan

Jul 1, 2018
MDC has done nothing; therefore Sam Bennett who has done almost nothing is an all-star because he was picked 1 pick before
latest

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
It’s always a strange year when the best player in the draft was picked in the 20’s, and then the two next best players are 3 and 9... and the three at the time was projected at 4.

In another world; no top three pick is considered in the top 3 of that draft year lol!

huh not sure if srs. schmaltz is not in the same league as draisaitl and a bunch of other player than him, like hands down.

Reactions: STLomacneko

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
What happened to this guy?......his stock has sunk like rock....a fifth overall pick shouldn't bust this hard in any draft. What's the deal?...is it skating? Hockey sense?...his compete level?
I don't think anything's really changed with him. He was the consensus 5th pick, put there in part bc he would be JT's winger for the next ten years or something, and look how that went. Just a hunch but I think scouts flat out blew it here.

NYR713

Jun 26, 2012
Forgot about this guy. Bombed out on that draft... MDC over Nylander, Ehlers, Larkin, Pasta, etc. etc.

I feel that pain though. NYR have bombed some major drafts and it never gets easier to look back on them.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
I don't think anything's really changed with him. He was the consensus 5th pick, put there in part bc he would be JT's winger for the next ten years or something, and look how that went. Just a hunch but I think scouts flat out blew it here.

I agree. I was really worried about Dal Colle's lack of acceleration at the draft, and all I heard about was his frame, and Malkin comparisons (!!!) if you remember. I thought Ehlers would've been the right pick for NYI.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
I agree. I was really worried about Dal Colle's lack of acceleration at the draft, and all I heard about was his frame, and Malkin comparisons (!!!) if you remember. I thought Ehlers would've been the right pick for NYI.

I loved Dal Colle, was dead wrong. I didn't think his skating was this bad and wouldn't improve. I saw Pajamas improve his skating and projected that onto MDC. The Isles had a habit of ignoring skating and focusing on size during that stellar 2010-2014 draft run.

Thankfully the scouting team has changed their drafting patterns and stopped taking plodders with skill. The new focus on skating is the way the game is going.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
The whole top 15 is weird. It’s great player, mediocre player, or outright bust.
One of those three labels is an appropriate description for every hockey player.
Dal Colle just has such poor feet, and they aren't getting better. His shot, on its own, is NHL caliber. His feet are slow even for the American League...prohibitively slow. He struggles to get open, so he can't even really hack it as a howitzer (or whatever the appropriate military equivalent would be)...
Immobile? But with an accurate shot? Just use sniper. Howitzer implies a hugely powerful but only marginally accurate shot. Al Iafrate had a howitzer. :teach:

Reactions: Michael Farkas

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
he's not worth much but he's still an interesting fella that perhaps Lou/Trotz could somehow figure out a way to get back on track .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad