Player Discussion: Michael Dal Colle

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
Don't you think it's a little sad that most of your posts are ragging on a 22 year old kid?
Actually, most of my posts rag on Hickey. Anyone in this thread who thinks MDC will become an NHL level goal scorer is sipping something stronger than Kool Aid. I have nothing personal against him.

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight
Don't you think it's a little sad that most of your posts are ragging on a 22 year old kid?
I mean, we're in a thread to discuss said 22 year-old "kid" and his chances of making an impact for the hockey team we cheer for. If he deserves to be ragged on, this is the place to do it. Are we supposed to say only nice thing about our prospects? They're professional athletes, getting ragged on by randos on an internet board is part of the job.

That having been said, very glad he's doing so well this season. I'd basically given up on him, but maybe he's still alive.

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
I'm not saying MDC has truly turned a corner because it only has been a few games after all but lets all hope that power forwards truly do take longer to develop.

Absolutely, be cautiously optimistic.... but it's not just on the stat sheet, the kid looks like a totally different player out there. Added another assist to the goal he had tonight. Right now he's likely the first call up if there's an injury.

Reactions: YearlyLottery

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Good for him. Maybe he has turned a corner; let’s see what he can do st the NHL ranks.

At this point maybe, just maybe, he can carve out a bottom 6 niche ala a slower Taylor Pyatt (now there’s a blast from that past).

Reactions: bigtim1988

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
If he took so long to adjust to this level though, how confidant can we really be that he will adjust to the NHL?

replayer

Aug 3, 2005
There's plenty of players who don't figure it out at crazy early ages like 19 or 20 like Barzal has, but who become solid players once they do. Is MDC one of them, I have no idea, but fer crissakes, he's barely 22. This idea he's a useless bust when he's never played for a decent coach...I am not willing to declare him a bust yet.

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
If he took so long to adjust to this level though, how confidant can we really be that he will adjust to the NHL?

He's always been good when he plays with ho-sang. He needs talent on his line in order to produce. Previous years Bridgeport was devoid of talent.

He is a much better Matt Moulson.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009

Juniors to AHL is a much much higher jump than AHL to NHL, but there is no set learning curve.

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte
I haven't seen MDC play this year so I have a question for those who have. Is there a noticeable improvement in his skating or strength this year? I am curious what if anything he did to improve his game.

Frankie41987

Feb 1, 2007
Kings Park
I haven't seen MDC play this year so I have a question for those who have. Is there a noticeable improvement in his skating or strength this year? I am curious what if anything he did to improve his game.

I only watched a handful of games last year so I don't have a full season to compare it to but from what I've seen the difference has really been his positioning and play along the boards. He does seem to be stronger along the boards but more importantly he's playing more down low (almost in the Anders Lee spot) and has been great at it. As good as his shot is, unfortunately his problem the last two years is he isn't able to get it off fast enough. As far as his skating, I don't see too much difference from what I saw last year. Would love to hear more thoughts from others who have the AHL package this year though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad