Player Discussion: Michael Dal Colle

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I wouldn't be displeased if he panned out to be a Dalgarno type... a dude that can be on your 3rd line and chip in 12 goals a year while playing an honest, conservative north/south game.
As long as there isn’t a Joey Kocur type in the league.

xIsle

Oct 24, 2006
Montreal
I was not aware that Dalgarno was treated like that. What kind of team drops player off at the hospital?
Organization has earned its crappy rep

And tried to make Bertuzzi into a fighter
The Islanders had a serious obsession with trying to find a successor to Gillies and Nystrom. Dalgarno, Bertuzzi, Brett Lindros have all been drafted to replace one or both at the same time!

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
Just don’t make any Cocoon references. I don’t need a mental picture of Hume Cronyn and Jessica Tandy frolicking naked in a pool.
Now we have to try to remember what Racquel Welch's daughter looked like to clear our minds.

Reactions: MJF

Nassau Revisited

Jun 16, 2017
MDC looks like he can carve out a career as a 15-15 3rd liner right now. Almost reminds me of Bernier

Still a bust for 5th overall but it beats him being a career AHLer

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Ok, anyone else absolutely floored that Dal Colle looks good out there? After being considered a huge bust by most, he looks like the player he was projected to be.

His skating has improved by leaps and bounds. He must be a late bloomer like Bertuzzi was. Unreal.

Ever since Lou and Trotz came in, it's like all our past crap has turned to gold. MDC, Toews, Ho-Sang all look very good and have been upgrades.

Metnut

Jan 19, 2013
Kid is still only 22 years old and has vastly improved over the last 12 months.

Now he’s getting to work with Trotz every day. I think he can keep improving over the next 12 months too.

Reactions: PWJunior and SI90

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Ok, anyone else absolutely floored that Dal Colle looks good out there? After being considered a huge bust by most, he looks like the player he was projected to be.

His skating has improved by leaps and bounds. He must be a late bloomer like Bertuzzi was. Unreal.

Ever since Lou and Trotz came in, it's like all our past crap has turned to gold. MDC, Toews, Ho-Sang all look very good and have been upgrades.

His skating and relentless pursuit of the puck is what’s shocking. He doesn’t look like that quite passive kid. He’s playing hard and playing the right way.

bigtim1988

YES! YES! YES! YES!
Jun 7, 2009
long island
I think one of the things that has impressed me the most is his play in the D-zone. He hasn't been a liability, and has actually looked quite competent.

Maybe he's an avid HFBoards reader, and the thread on the main board calling him a bust, ended up lighting a fire under his ass :sarcasm:

But it's prob more likely that the organizational changes played a role in bringing his development along.

Reactions: SI90

Goombha

Raging Ryan
Aug 27, 2013
His skating and relentless pursuit of the puck is what’s shocking. He doesn’t look like that quite passive kid. He’s playing hard and playing the right way.

He's definitely playing with much more confidence. He no longer looks like a traffic cone. To see him creating traffic in front of the net instead of hiding against the boards is a welcome surprise.

Reactions: bigtim1988 and SI90

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina

I lost hope for MDC after he was called up at first this year and his skating did not look to have improved at all from last season. He seems like the type of player that needs to get comfortable first in his situation before he begins to get some offense going.

As a Yankee fan it reminds me a little bit of how Aaron Judge had kind of developed. Of course he is the franchise player for the Yankees, which MDC will not be for that franchise but the similarities are there.

For Judge it always took him a season in whichever league he was in to really get going. He hit .224 in AAA one season before hitting.270 the season after that. His first season in the MLB he only hit .179 before shooting up to .284 the following year.

Now with MDC he scored 48 points his first season in the OHL and shot up to 95 the next season. It took him two seasons to get going in the AHL though. My point is that for some guys it helps immensely to get that experience so they learn how to score and how to play in the league. Time will tell for MDC, but for Judge it certainly helped.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015

Tater Trotz, baby.

keeYtxFK_400x400.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad