Mets/Yankees Thread

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
For those interested, the MLB Draft is tonight. MLBN/ESPN coverage starts soon at 7.

It's something at least.

Sounds like that 1st baseman the tigers took is the real deal at the plate.

Crazy they cut the draft from 40 rounds to just 5 this year.

That’s like Hockey basically only doing 1 round.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Sounds like that 1st baseman the tigers took is the real deal at the plate.

Crazy they cut the draft from 40 rounds to just 5 this year.

That’s like Hockey basically only doing 1 round.

Haha, it's definitely awkward. I feel bad for the prospects, they cut the $$$ for anyone not drafted too. $20K as opposed to 100K+ or something like that.

COVID-19 sucks.

The Mets are coming up next as I post this...

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Mets take the kid of the actress who played the mom in the movie Little Big League - Pete Crow-Armstrong. Comes out a quality HS program and a legit plus CF. Might not hit for much power, but can do a lot. I like it.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
My Yankees take Austin Wells, a C from University of Arizona. Sweet lefty swing with plus power. May not stick behind the plate, but this dude can rake. Walks more than he strikes out, that's great for a power hitter. His bat is made for Yankee Stadium.

The Yanks drafted him in the 35th round before so they know him well. Draft eligible sophomore so he has some leverage, but he should be an easy sign. A sweet lefty bat is much needed with all the righty's. If he sticks at C or can play 1st, he could be ready sooner rather than later.

Reactions: SI90

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
My Yankees take Austin Wells, a C from University of Arizona. Sweet lefty swing with plus power. May not stick behind the plate, but this dude can rake. Walks more than he strikes out, that's great for a power hitter. His bat is made for Yankee Stadium.

The Yanks drafted him in the 35th round before so they know him well. Draft eligible sophomore so he has some leverage, but he should be an easy sign. A sweet lefty bat is much needed with all the righty's. If he sticks at C or can play 1st, he could be ready sooner rather than later.

could be the first baseman of the future. Everything I’m reading on him there’s a lot to like. Strong Lefty bat and bat speed will play really well in Yankee stadium.

Don’t know much about him but The Red Sox took a kind that supposedly was projected as a 3rd round pick.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
could be the first baseman of the future. Everything I’m reading on him there’s a lot to like. Strong Lefty bat and bat speed will play really well in Yankee stadium.

Don’t know much about him but The Red Sox took a kind that supposedly was projected as a 3rd round pick.

It reminds me a little of Greg Bird. Bird was a C and then moved to 1st, but he had that sweet lefty bat. Hopefully Wells isn't made of glass like Bird is. The Yanks are so RH heavy, a LH that projects to be a middle of the order bat is big. If he can stick at C, watch out. Should be a good fit, I love that there isn't much swing and miss with him. He takes walks and that's not a bad thing with the boppers the Yanks have.

Reactions: SI90

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
It reminds me a little of Greg Bird. Bird was a C and then moved to 1st, but he had that sweet lefty bat. Hopefully Wells isn't made of glass like Bird is. The Yanks are so RH heavy, a LH that projects to be a middle of the order bat is big. If he can stick at C, watch out. Should be a good fit, I love that there isn't much swing and miss with him. He takes walks and that's not a bad thing with the boppers the Yanks have.

I had so much hope for Bird but his issue was just staying healthy. Such a shame.

Reactions: PWJunior

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
Shocker. Yankees in another cheating scandal. Where are all the self righteous yankee fans today?

Judge to unseal letter that allegedly shows MLB hid Yankees’ sign stealing

It is not secret that every team steals signs to a certain extent. If the Yankees were putting damn cameras in the outfield like Houston was I will condemn them for it. That being said as of now it is still clear as day that what the Astros did is much different than what the Red Sox or rest of the league has done.

Let's make one thing very clear though. Stealing signs does not change the fact that both the Astros and the Yankees have drafted incredibly well.

Drafting well and willing to spend in free agency equals success in sports. Who would have guessed it?

As of now this post is jumping the gun a bit. What the Astros did was far and away worse than anything that has happened in regards to sign stealing and that is why they were receiving more backlash than the Red Sox.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
It is not secret that every team steals signs to a certain extent. If the Yankees were putting damn cameras in the outfield like Houston was I will condemn them for it. That being said as of now it is still clear as day that what the Astros did is much different than what the Red Sox or rest of the league has done.

Let's make one thing very clear though. Stealing signs does not change the fact that both the Astros and the Yankees have drafted incredibly well.

Drafting well and willing to spend in free agency equals success in sports. Who would have guessed it?

As of now this post is jumping the gun a bit. What the Astros did was far and away worse than anything that has happened in regards to sign stealing and that is why they were receiving more backlash than the Red Sox.

I want to know exactly what the Yankees did, but it sure seems to be cheating or they wouldn't be so upset about it.

GoIsles1

Sep 12, 2018
Well now we know why scrubs like Gio Urshala and Luke Voit could all of a sudden hit...

BrockLobster

Feb 11, 2013
Long Beach, NY

Cheating is cheating.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
The Mets will win 25 games this year.

giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad