Mets/Yankees Thread

lazycop

Dave's not here.
Mar 25, 2006
I didn't start hating the Yanks until that fat load Francesa began being even MORE of a d-bag when they started winning in the 90's. I stopped listening to that show at that time but still dislike the Yankees. I mean, what TRUE Mets fan doesn't? Just as any true Yankee fan has to hate the Mets. It's kinda required. :laugh:

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
I didn't start hating the Yanks until that fat load Francesa began being even MORE of a d-bag when they started winning in the 90's. I stopped listening to that show at that time but still dislike the Yankees. I mean, what TRUE Mets fan doesn't? Just as any true Yankee fan has to hate the Mets. It's kinda required. :laugh:

I have no love for the Yankees, but honestly, I hate the NL East teams way more. The Mets and Yankees don't really play games against each other that matter aside from bragging rights.

Reactions: Lame Lambert

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I don't hate the Yankees, I hate some of their fans. Being told that the Yankees fan base deserved to win in 2009 because they hadn't won in so long was enough to cement my hatred of them all. Also, all the scumbags they've had over the years who were cheating.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
I have no love for the Yankees, but honestly, I hate the NL East teams way more. The Mets and Yankees don't really play games against each other that matter aside from bragging rights.

This is exactly it, we hate the Rangers because we are in the same conference and same division as the cross town rival. We are directly competing with them for points and a playoff spot - the same can't be said with Yanks-Mets.

As stated previously, it is more with the entitlement of the fans. Exhibit A is the booing Stanton thing.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
This is exactly it, we hate the Rangers because we are in the same conference and same division as the cross town rival. We are directly competing with them for points and a playoff spot - the same can't be said with Yanks-Mets.

As stated previously, it is more with the entitlement of the fans. Exhibit A is the booing Stanton thing.
Pretty much these. The Subway Series was a thing for maybe 2-3 years. After that, it became a novelty. I hated the fact that I had to watch the Yankees clinch the World Series on our field but that didn't lead to me hating them so much as made me hate my team(s) more because of their chronic ineptitude. Their fans are what make them somewhat distasteful. And lets face it, its the same group of fans that root for the Mets only douchier and entitled.

As I tell my boys, the upside of us rooting for sh!tty teams is that we can get tickets easily and for cheap. I got Islander season tickets because they moved to Brooklyn and we lived in the city and it was so convenient. I've since moved out of the city but still kept them because they are so cheap - at least relative to the commensurate MSG ticket which probably 3-4x the price.

Flair19Woo

Nov 10, 2006
God the Mets are pathetic. Picking up injury reclamation’s and trying to offset costs while the yanks, Phillies, Nationals, keep spending. What a joke. And I like the Mets unfortunately.

The Real JT

The slate is clean. LGI
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut

If hating the Yankees was predicated on Francesa's insufferable comments, I'd be all in.

But...it's not. Thanks God Francesa's gone. He was painful to listen to for the past 10 yrs. Prior to that I only tolerated him since he did have some relevant comments way back when.

I'm still a Yankee fan and although I hated the Mets as a kid, I kind of like them now. Losing your edge on the cross town rivalry isn't such a bad thing.

Unless it's the Rags. They suck and their fans are worse.

Reactions: Poster Unknown

The Real JT

The slate is clean. LGI
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
As a Yankee fan, I love this but after the Pajama Boy fiasco I know how some Astros' fans might be feeling.

Of course, Cole didn't lead them on like 91 did.

download (3).jpeg

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
As a Yankee fan, I love this but after the Pajama Boy fiasco I know how some Astros' fans might be feeling.

Of course, Cole didn't lead them on like 91 did.

View attachment 294245

They traded for him and he only played for them for 2 years. Not at all comparable.

that being said, f*** them cheating bastards. They got what they deserved and the Yankees have arguable the best pitcher along with DeGroom in baseball.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
They traded for him and he only played for them for 2 years. Not at all comparable.

that being said, **** them cheating bastards. They got what they deserved and the Yankees have arguable the best pitcher along with DeGroom in baseball.

The Houston Asterisks/Trashstros better get what they deserve with this cheating scandal. It makes me view all their hitters differently. Altuve and Bregman make me puke now.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
I assume Cohen and his team have thoroughly gone over the "financials" and realize the Wilpons are completely broke and on life support.

The Wilpons owe so much debt on the stadium, SNY and the team, PLUS who knows what state their real estate holdings are currently in, since I think they were really banking on Willets Point to help bail them out and that project has essentially been stalled for years.

Odds are that Cohen is leveraging their financial desperation to force control much sooner than the reported five-year transition. As he should. There is no reason for Jeff and his clowns to stick around.

The Wilpons were barely hanging on with Katz and, if he wants out, they are cooked.

MLB and its joke of a commissioner might need to step in. Although they should have forced a sale as soon as the Madoff scandal broke and the Mets had to borrow from MLB just to make payroll.

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
Am a huge Yankees fan but have a soft spot for the Mets. Watched a bunch of games with my grandfather while he was terminally ill.

This news really sucks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad