Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC

Big moves already being made.

tenor.gif

Isles Junkie

Jul 4, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Did you guys watch the press conference? It's on SNY's YT channel if you haven't.

It is by far the greatest 90 minutes the Mets have ever had off the field. Steve Cohen & Sandy Alderson are going to turn us into a juggernaut. I'm so freaking excited this has happened to the Mets.

To anyone who hasn't watched it yet, just imagine 90 minutes of hearing an owner & team president speak and every single thing they say is exactly what you want them to say. Simultaneously, the feeling you get is that they aren't saying those things because they know that's what you want to hear, but rather because that is how they are going to operate the team. This is amazing.

Last edited:

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Did you guys watch the press conference? It's on SNY's YT channel if you haven't.

It is by far the greatest 90 minutes the Mets have ever had off the field. Steve Cohen & Sandy Alderson are going to turn us into a juggernaut. I'm so freaking excited this has happened to the Mets.

To anyone who hasn't watched it yet, just imagine 90 minutes of hearing an owner & team president speak and every single thing they say is exactly what you want them to say. Simultaneously, the feeling you get is that they aren't saying those things because they know that's what you want to hear, but rather because that is how they are going to operate the team. This is amazing.

I saw a lot of the quotes on Twitter, lots of placating to the fanbase, but they seem sincere, very Ledecky/Lou like.

Reactions: nyisleslover

Isles Junkie

Jul 4, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Easy for me to spend this guys money.

But he mentioned starting pitching and catcher. I know there is a report out there that realmuto doesn't want to play in NY, and I'm ok with passing on him. I'm totally cool with them going after James McCann and have him and Nido split the time say 75/25.

I also hope Stroman accepts his QO and stays with us. I think it's pretty much a foregone conclusion that Bauer will be a Met. Sandy said on WFAN that he likes Bauers personality and thinks he'd be a good fit in NY. DeGrom, Thor, Bauer, Stroman, Matz/Peterson is a really solid 1-5 with potential to be even better should Bauer duplicate last year.

Hell while I'm at it, let's sign George Springer and just for funsies, let's also trade for Lindor.

WE SHOPPING IN THE GOURMET AISLE NOW BOYS!!!

Oh, and please please please please please have the DH again. It's such a better product. To hell with bunting and double switching and removing pitchers in the 5th or 6th inning only to have a pinch hitter strike out. Plus it just really benefits the Mets these days with so many players playing out of position.

Oh, and just give Conforto his contract now. No need to wait. He's our best all around player. Give him his $.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrockLobster

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Easy for me to spend this guys money.

But he mentioned starting pitching and catcher. I know there is a report out there that realmuto doesn't want to play in NY, and I'm ok with passing on him. I'm totally cool with them going after James McCann and have him and Nido split the time say 75/25.

I also hope Stroman accepts his QO and stays with us. I think it's pretty much a foregone conclusion that Bauer will be a Met. Sandy said on WFAN that he likes Bauers personality and thinks he'd be a good fit in NY. DeGrom, Thor, Bauer, Stroman, Matz/Peterson is a really solid 1-5 with potential to be even better should Bauer duplicate last year.

Hell while I'm at it, let's sign George Springer and just for funsies, let's also trade for Lindor.

WE SHOPPING IN THE GOURMET AISLE NOW BOYS!!!

Oh, and please please please please please have the DH again. It's such a better product. To hell with bunting and double switching and removing pitchers in the 5th or 6th inning only to have a pinch hitter strike out. Plus it just really benefits the Mets these days with so many players playing out of position.

Oh, and just give Conforto his contract now. No need to wait. He's our best all around player. Give him his $.

Sidd Finch. He'll be a stellar addition. Just gotta coax him out of retirement

lazycop

Dave's not here.
Mar 25, 2006

For the love of God get Steven Matz the hell out of here!

Give me Bauer, McCann, Springer, Hand, and trade for Yu Darvish(Cubbies looking to trim payroll).

DeGrom, Bauer, Darvish, Thor(when he gets back), Stroman and Peterson is a REALLY solid starting staff.

Isles Junkie

Jul 4, 2008
Brooklyn, NY

Give me Bauer, McCann, Springer, Hand, and trade for Yu Darvish(Cubbies looking to trim payroll).

DeGrom, Bauer, Darvish, Thor(when he gets back), Stroman and Peterson is a REALLY solid starting staff.
well they will try Matz in the pen before they just dump him for nothing. There's no point in trading him at his lowest point also.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC

So you're saying that the probable top 3 vote getters for the 2020 NL Cy Young would make a really solid starting staff together?

:sarcasm:

Reactions: danteipp

ZMan17

LGI
Nov 20, 2010
Tel Aviv
Bauer, Lindor, and Springer or bust!!! I'll pass on JT though. Honestly, I just want a catcher who can be counted on to throw a runner out. Not every one of our C's needs to be Hundley, Piazza, Lo Duca, etc. Just give me a good thrower and game caller.

Isles Junkie

Jul 4, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Bauer, Lindor, and Springer or bust!!! I'll pass on JT though. Honestly, I just want a catcher who can be counted on to throw a runner out. Not every one of our C's needs to be Hundley, Piazza, Lo Duca, etc. Just give me a good thrower and game caller.
McCann is our guy to get. I agree. As good as Realmuto is, I don't want any part of him in 4 years. James McCann is a really good defensive catcher and he can hit a bit too. Get him and have him split time with Nido.

Not a fan at all of that rumor they contacted Molina. 38 years old? Unless they think that Nido is our catcher of the future, then I see no point in bringing in a 38 year old Molina.

ZMan17

LGI
Nov 20, 2010
Tel Aviv
McCann is our guy to get. I agree. As good as Realmuto is, I don't want any part of him in 4 years. James McCann is a really good defensive catcher and he can hit a bit too. Get him and have him split time with Nido.

Not a fan at all of that rumor they contacted Molina. 38 years old? Unless they think that Nido is our catcher of the future, then I see no point in bringing in a 38 year old Molina.

I still have too many 2006 nightmares...for them to bring Molina in would have me re-live game 7 and damn Heilman every game! I can't do it!

The Real JT

Louie louie, oh no, me gotta go
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
Cano suspended one year for PEDs. On one level I'm not surprised but I still
can't wrap my head around behavior like that in a league with guaranteed contracts.

He just kissed $24M goodbye.

Mets' management can't be entirely unhappy since they're off the hook for this year's salary.

More money for LeMahieu.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1