Rumor: Messier joining the Oilers?

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
We should probably see what Glenn Anderson is up to.

Maybe they can play old 80's games on the jumbotron during Oilers home games.

Lets just keep staying in the 80's. Its worked so well the last 25 years.

jbean

Jan 17, 2009
I cannot wait to read all the butthurt comments of "old boys club" :handclap:

The Oilers have hired Kevin Lowe, Mact, Smith, Buchberger, Huddy, Simpson, and more I'm forgetting, mostly because of their relationship with prior teams, often not because they were the most experienced or most qualified candidates, but instead because they were known within the organization.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
The Oilers have hired Kevin Lowe, Mact, Smith, Buchberger, Huddy, Simpson, and more I'm forgetting, mostly because of their relationship with prior teams, often not because they were the most experienced or most qualified candidates, but instead because they were known within the organization.

I'd like to single out the two bolded ones for making positive contributions to our team for the most part. That said the amount of old boys club hirings is bordering on ridiculous at this point.

bleed_oil

Aug 16, 2005
Great to hear! I'm sure Mess will want to be a part of the Oilers, as long as it doesnt involve him having to actually physically visit Edmonton.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
President of agreeing with MacTavish centre need assessments.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Great to hear! I'm sure Mess will want to be a part of the Oilers, as long as it doesnt involve him having to actually physically visit Edmonton.

This. Mess is still a big city person first and foremost. I dont see him hanging around Edmonton...like ever:laugh:

Jun 9, 2011
Love Messier.. hope his role in the near future is to go into the dressing room and just stare at everyone.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Take all the old faces off the dressing room walls and have all the old faces employed in the org at some made up, just because, capacity as an ode to the team discovering its own NEW identity.

Thats supposed to make any sense?

Apparently Messier and Gretz requested the photos be taken down so this edition of the Oilers can never be associated with them in any way, shape or form.:D

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
Sounds good, let's keep bringing in unqualified former Oilers in, that'll keep this sinking ship afloat.

NugeFan

Jul 5, 2013

That just about covers it. You may want to add cementhead in there too.:nod:

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
meh. maybe he can scare the daylights out of these punk -ss, suburbia rich kids and get them to start forechecking.

will he help in trading a of bunch danglers and thru-the-legs-blind-passers for real NHLers? i theriouthssly doubt it.

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
I'm not a fan of the rampant nepotism within the org but this is Marc Messier... I'd take Messier in almost any capacity. One of the greatest players ever, he has to have something to contribute.

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
I'm not a fan of the rampant nepotism within the org but this is Marc Messier... I'd take Messier in almost any capacity. One of the greatest players ever, he has to have something to contribute.

he's my favourite player of alltime, but i don't see what he's gonna do. i suppose it won't necessarily hurt, its not my money. i always figured he'd make a great coach, but that doesn't seem to interest him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad