Rumor: Messier joining the Oilers?

Jaeger03

Nov 14, 2008
Just caught this on Hotstove.... right at the end Friedman mentioned that the scuttlebutt is that Messier is going to join the Oilers in some capacity. No more information than that. Didn't see a thread about it yet.

Gone

Fire KLowe
Aug 9, 2005
Earth
Just caught this on Hotstove.... right at the end Friedman mentioned that the scuttlebutt is that Messier is going to join the Oilers in some capacity. No more information than that. Didn't see a thread about it yet.

Great, nepotism gone amok.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

So awesome!!!

I cannot wait to read all the butthurt comments of "old boys club" :handclap:

HFOil is going to be better to read.

Yeah can't wait to see the butthurt. Over a very, minor, position.

You could hire him as a janitor and people would still be hurt :laugh:

Moonlapse Vertigo

Katz n' MacT BFFs
Oct 2, 2009
Edmonton
Means nothing. Pat Quinn was a "consultant" for a year or two after the Oilers fired him.

Katz is probably just helping him stay relevant in the NHL landscape after his "divorce" from the Rangers.

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
Meh.

The name Messier carries weight everywhere around the league still. As long as he isn't gifted charge of a terribly important portion of the team I don't see how it could harm the club.

Old boy's club or not, I don't see how having Messier around the team could be a bad thing.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Can't really see where he'd fit in, the Oilers due to their cronyism are kind of topped up on plausible sounding executive positions.

Maybe they'll make him President of Pro Scouting or something. He can sit comfortable at home in New York watching games on TV from his couch, while still pulling a paycheck and being able to attend NHL functions in an official capacity.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Take all the old faces off the dressing room walls and have all the old faces employed in the org at some made up, just because, capacity as an ode to the team discovering its own NEW identity.

Thats supposed to make any sense?

Moonlapse Vertigo

Katz n' MacT BFFs
Oct 2, 2009
Edmonton
Take all the old faces off the dressing room walls and have all the old faces employed in the org at some made up, just because, capacity as an ode to the team discovering its own NEW identity.

Thats supposed to make any sense?
The Oilers were probably inspired by Patrick Roy's great first impression back with his old club. :sarcasm:

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
The last thing this organization needs is another egomaniac in some form of management capacity.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Means nothing. Pat Quinn was a "consultant" for a year or two after the Oilers fired him.
Pretty sure that was just because he had a year left on his contract.
I doubt Quinn has set foot in Edmonton since he got fired. Totally different than hiring someone to fill a slot that doesn't exist.

Hey Katz, I love Messier as much as any Oiler fan does but how about getting the team a center who can still strap on the blades and help the team.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Pretty sure that was just because he had a year left on his contract.
I doubt Quinn has set foot in Edmonton since he got fired. Totally different than hiring someone to fill a slot that doesn't exist.

Hey Katz, I love Messier as much as any Oiler fan does but how about getting the team a center who can still strap on the blades and help the team.

I hear this guy's pretty good...

ryanweb.jpg

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Eakins: So I got rid of all these old posters of the old Cup winners, you sure you're okay with this?

MacT: Oh yeah I'm fine with it! Out with the old!

*Eakins leaves room, MacT picks up telephone*

MacT: Hi, Mark, it's me. Remember what I said about Operation 80's? Yeah, you might have to play... Good. Good...

*MacT turns around to Darth Lowe. He approves.*

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->