Memories - Video / Audio / Articles from the historic 2017-18 championship season

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
The more people who get days with the Cup, the better IMO. Let the marketing executives and season ticket sales staff and social media managers get a day with the Cup for all I care. This is special for the whole franchise and the whole city.

Yeah I'm not trying to be a jerk about it but I really disagree. If all those random people got a day with it it would be less special/sacred. If you want to have an organizational day with it, which I think they already did, cool, but that's good enough.

Name on it, day with it.

Reactions: Corby78

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
It's not the day with the Cup, or even the physical Cup at all, that makes it sacred. Nobody is going to value winning the Stanley Cup any less because other people got to spend time with it.

Reactions: calicapsfan

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Reactions: Sam Spade

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
God Bless The Capitals' Party Dummies For Partying Harder Than Any Team Is Allowed To Ever Again — Deadspin

Lol...wow.....

I know the whole thing was pretty thrashed when I saw it,” a partygoer, who wished to remain anonymous, said to RMNB after a Cup day in early July. “The bowl was dinged, the base was crooked, someone carved their initials in it too. We were under a strict no Cup stands rule because the base was bent.”
“Everyone broke that rule though,” the source added.

Is that the level of writing at Deadspin? First time reader, last time reader.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Is that the level of writing at Deadspin? First time reader, last time reader.

Apple news feed, have no idea about Deadspin, but then again, I don’t feel the need for a Pulitzer for each article I skim over....as far as I’m concerned I highlighted the important part, which was the damage the Cup has incurred...lol.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Apple news feed, have no idea about Deadspin, but then again, I don’t feel the need for a Pulitzer for each article I skim over....as far as I’m concerned I highlighted the important part, which was the damage the Cup has incurred...lol.

Nothing towards you I promise. I just can't remember I time I read such a "dumb" article. Trying to be funny (I think), felt like it was written by a huge Pens fan.

Foots

ALL OURS
May 5, 2018
God Bless The Capitals' Party Dummies For Partying Harder Than Any Team Is Allowed To Ever Again — Deadspin

Lol...wow.....

I know the whole thing was pretty thrashed when I saw it,” a partygoer, who wished to remain anonymous, said to RMNB after a Cup day in early July. “The bowl was dinged, the base was crooked, someone carved their initials in it too. We were under a strict no Cup stands rule because the base was bent.”
“Everyone broke that rule though,” the source added.
Someone carved their initials on it?!? SMH.

Reactions: CapitalsCupFantasy

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
wz8zwbobi2l11.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad