Memories - Video / Audio / Articles from the historic 2017-18 championship season

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
Anyone know of any good videos from inside Capital One Arena during the run?

Haven’t really been able to find crowd reactions for some of the big home goals.

Sep 19, 2008
Would recommend going to the Caps site and watching the videos of the players with the cup. The videos of Lars Eller, Bura, and Vrana are pretty cool as they each go back to their hometowns in Europe with the cup. Was touching to see Vrana take the cup to a cemetery to pay tribute. They still remember and respect their coaches and invite their old teammates to party with them at the rink they played hockey in growing up, which is also great.

I think each of them had an autograph session too but they were all in Europe. You could see massive crowds and they were yelling Let's Go Caps. Winning the cup has been huge for brand recognition outside the States.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Ran across the game 5 recording on my DVR yesterday so I watched it. Well, I fast forwarded to all the goals but I did watch the last 2 minutes and the Cup ceremony. Great seeing that again accept I kept getting something in my eye throughout. Weird.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Oshie, and friends, might be the reason the Cup Stand is one and done. :laugh:

Also, the Cup was in a Yocco's Hot Dog's on my birthday. That is pretty damn cool.

Last edited:
Reactions: VaCaps Fan

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Maybe the guys should treating the cup with a little more respect but its Stanley Cup. It has quite the history. It has been damaged several times over the years. Not just dents either, it was damaged in a bonfire. It was also lost several times. And it was even stolen. We need some new Stanley Cup stories.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Yeah this is bull**** by the NHL. I haven't read through this whole thread but every pic I've seen has shown the players being held by other people, not putting weight on the Cup. I think the NHL doesn't like the image.

Sorry, Ovi, keg stands with Cup might be out

They said the weight placed on the rim and/or the bowl is damaging it. They aren't making a big deal just saying the will have to re-asses when it gets taken apart for the engraving.

Honestly I don't care if the Caps "break" the Cup, they may never win it again in my lifetime so I'm glad they did what they wanted with it. They were always respectful and obviously if they thought they were damaging it they wouldn't have done the keg stands.

Last edited:

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Is it normal for broadcasters to get a day with the Cup? If so, what about Joe B and Locker?

It was Korn's day with the Cup, he invited Walton because he is also a Miami alum.

Personally I'm over Walton thinking he had something to do with the Caps winning the Cup.

Joe B and Laughlin aren't getting a day with the Cup and they shouldn't.

Reactions: Devil Dancer

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
The more people who get days with the Cup, the better IMO. Let the marketing executives and season ticket sales staff and social media managers get a day with the Cup for all I care. This is special for the whole franchise and the whole city.

Reactions: IafrateOvie34

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
The more people who get days with the Cup, the better IMO. Let the marketing executives and season ticket sales staff and social media managers get a day with the Cup for all I care. This is special for the whole franchise and the whole city.

I would think, if your name gets put on the Cup, you get your day with it. If not, then you don't. Seems simple enough. The marketing execs and season ticket staff are all getting rings though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad