Memories - Video / Audio / Articles from the historic 2017-18 championship season

philip

dismember
Jun 27, 2014
It's not the real Stanley Cup is it that gets paraded around, has champers poured in it, pasta and whatever else, gets thrown around and risked to god knows what? They're replicas I guess, right?

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Hockey people are the best and this video really makes me like Reirden, they way all of Trotz' charity stuff really made my like him.

Also thanks to the Caps for continuing to post these videos.

Last edited:
Reactions: VaCaps Fan

stanleycaps18

I cheer for laundry
Jul 10, 2003
Chocolate City
washcaps.com
It's not the real Stanley Cup is it that gets paraded around, has champers poured in it, pasta and whatever else, gets thrown around and risked to god knows what? They're replicas I guess, right?

The Cup is the Cup. Yes it gets trashed, but then it gets cleaned and repaired. I understand there were some dents after the 72 hour bender in June.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
There are 3 Cups - Original, presentation and permanent. Original and Permanent never leave the HHOF. The players and staff get the presentation Cup.

Yep the original, which is basically just the top bowl, never leaves the HOF.

Screen Shot 2018-08-23 at 11.41.22 AM.png

The "Presentation" Cup is the real Stanley Cup for all intents and purposes since 1963. If you ever want to know which one you are seeing just look for the x'd out name next to Peter Pocklington on the 1984 Cup.

I have seen the real Cup (Presenation) when it was at the HOF and took a picture of the x'd out name so I could prove it! The real Cup is at the HOF quite a lot once the season starts and I am heading up to Toronto in Dec. to get my picture taken after the Caps names are engraved on it.

Foots

ALL OURS
May 5, 2018
So the Permanent Cup's sole job is to just be a fill in at the Hockey Hall of Fame when the Presentation Cup is out and about?

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org

Say what one wants about how Barry left the Caps, the man did bring us the Stanley Cup, and for that he will always be a treasured part of this teams long, suffering no more, history. I'm happy that Barry gets to hoist the Cup after his long, great career. Dude was all class his whole time in DC and I wish him well, just not vs the Caps in the playoffs, if the Isles ever make it there.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Say what one wants about how Barry left the Caps, the man did bring us the Stanley Cup, and for that he will always be a treasured part of this teams long, suffering no more, history. I'm happy that Barry gets to hoist the Cup after his long, great career. Dude was all class his whole time in DC and I wish him well, just not vs the Caps in the playoffs, if the Isles ever make it there.

Yeah take his career and the years he had not only here but in Nashville and it was well deserved.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland

Perfect example of all parties getting exactly what they wanted out of a relationship.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad