Memories - Video / Audio / Articles from the historic 2017-18 championship season

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
That may be a very light e for Olie on second look. They are common, though. No Vogel or Bradley.

Nicklas is just kind of smooshed together.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Looks like a pretty lousy engraving job to me. Check out how un-level so many names are, while others are as if they had a ruler used to keep them straight. And very uneven imprint depth gives the impression some letters are wrong, like the E in Olie looking more like an F. Olie's whole name is like a roller coaster. Lots more like that. Look at the double P in Pouliot.

S5SCTAWFWII6RHAPF75PNVBCVI.jpg

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
No Vogel or Bradley

Why would Vogel or a scout, one of probably twenty, get their name on the Cup?

So glad they stuck with players who met the criteria during the season and the guys that contributed during the playoffs.

No “Jeff Schultz’s or Dan Carcillo’s”. Those pity engravings always upset me.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
The rings are pretty awesome. So glad they have color in them. So many I’ve seen, while beautiful, lack color.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Why would Vogel or a scout, one of probably twenty, get their name on the Cup?
It's a stretch with Vogel admittedly. I mentioned him mostly because the PR guy is on there. Same with Bradley given Sutherby.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
It's a stretch with Vogel admittedly. I mentioned him mostly because the PR guy is on there. Same with Bradley given Sutherby.

You could really see at the parade how much some of these logistic guys mean to the team so I'm happy for any staff they chose to include (man what an honor).

I am just really happy with the player selection!!

Foots

ALL OURS
May 5, 2018
:clap:Spelling errors seem to be a common thing. Sutherby is on there as well

edit: Can't quite make it out, but Backstrom's name might be wrong as well. Niolas?

I think the "C" "K" and "L" in Nicklas was a bit compressed.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Kinda disappointed that Walker didn’t get on there. Yeah he only played a game or two but that huge assist on the goal against Pittsburgh and his play in that game largely contributed to Washington moving on to the ECF. None of them will admit it, but I know I’d be disappointed if I was a player and most of the staff got on before me

Reactions: calicapsfan

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
That engraving job looks terrible, but it kind of matches the aesthetic of the Cup Stand Caps.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
2018 Stanley Cup Championship Film on NHL Network tonight 8-9:30, probably not the official video because that’s like 1:22.

This is a truncated cut of the official video.

Last edited:
Reactions: calicapsfan

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I am not sure how much SC schwag I can accumulate.

I just keep buying stuff and looking at like a dowry of sorts for my son when I die. :laugh:

Oh, and he has told me if I get him a replica ring for Christmas, I will be the best parent ever!!! He's playing me of course but how can you say no to that?!?!?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->