Memorial Cup Thread?

General Zodd

May 6, 2013
Toronto
Pretty bush league by Quebec City to throw **** all over the ice? What a bunch of hicks. Makes them look real small and laughable! :laugh: Typical antics from Quebec based patrons. NHL team? Not!!!

Go Kelowna!!!! :yo:

Budddy

Dec 9, 2008
Okanagan
They just haven't been a good host and I hope the CHL steers clear of this city for a while.

I think the reffing has been ok...couple of missed calls; perhaps Bowey could have got one for roughing that led to all the crap being thrown...

Penalty shot! Delayed because of popcorn thrown on ice...

Stopped...damn

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
We'll see if they pull more than 2000 fans or so for the Oshawa-Kelowna final. Serious bush league antics by these fans. The Remparts really lost this game before it started by getting forced to that tie-breaker and playing 3 games in 3 nights. That's on them.

Pasz

Sep 21, 2006
I heard that too, but Toronto did really well with tickets sold...
Obviously they had all the games after the prelims except for 2. There is no way that people in Montreal would have paid more than for a NHL game to be at the same exact seat. Toronto is bigger than Montreal & the tournament is more of "a thing" in the rest of Canada than it is in Quebec. A few things that they should have taken into account. Pricing for the Memorial Cup isn't that good either. That's why they just dropped the lowest priced ticket from 85$ to 30$ yesterday.

My friend is stuck with his first row tickets for the finale Sunday. He was pretty mad when he heard that haha.

Pasz

Sep 21, 2006
I think I should be able to get some cheap tickets for the final on Sunday after tonight. Pasz...tell your buddy $50 for the pair ;)
haha you know what? He got the same exact offer by email earlier.

Let just say that at this price.. He'll bring some friends instead haha.

The two best teams are in the final. It was to be expected.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Good final on tap for us.

I was never a fan of Phillippe Boucher as a player and i am even less of a fan as a coach. Took an unbelievably talented team and turned them into a ridiculously undisciplined outfit. They almost lost in the first round to a team that was nowhere near their level and then managed to get severly outcoached in the final.

Went on an officiating rant instead of putting the onus on his players to make better decisions. They blew the Kelowna round robin game and then ended up in a tiebreaker which killed their chances.

Such a waste of a super talented team.

Pasz

Sep 21, 2006
Good final on tap for us.

I was never a fan of Phillippe Boucher as a player and i am even less of a fan as a coach. Took an unbelievably talented team and turned them into a ridiculously undisciplined outfit. They almost lost in the first round to a team that was nowhere near their level and then managed to get severly outcoached in the final.

Went on an officiating rant instead of putting the onus on his players to make better decisions. They blew the Kelowna round robin game and then ended up in a tiebreaker which killed their chances.

Such a waste of a super talented team.
I hate Boucher too, but he's not the only one to blame. Problems began when Duclair & Fucale got to the team. Duclair is incredibly soft since he was sent down & he always had an attitude problem. A few years ago his teammates threw him out of the team along w Erne because of their ****** attitude & it was when Roy was still coaching the team. There is good reasons why USA decided not to keep Erne for the WJC even through he made the team a year earlier.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
I hate Boucher too, but he's not the only one to blame. Problems began when Duclair & Fucale got to the team. Duclair is incredibly soft since he was sent down & he always had an attitude problem. A few years ago his teammates threw him out of the team along w Erne because of their ****** attitude & it was when Roy was still coaching the team. There is good reasons why USA decided not to keep Erne for the WJC even through he made the team a year earlier.

Fair points

haha you know what? He got the same exact offer by email earlier.

Let just say that at this price.. He'll bring some friends instead haha.

The two best teams are in the final. It was to be expected.

No worries. I know I'll get tickets for no more than $25 a piece. I'm 100% confident I'll be in the rink for cheap come Sunday. Even if I have to view the 1st period in the Fan Zone.

Requinmarteau

May 30, 2015
Pretty bush league by Quebec City to throw **** all over the ice? What a bunch of hicks. Makes them look real small and laughable! :laugh: Typical antics from Quebec based patrons. NHL team? Not!!!

Go Kelowna!!!! :yo:

Typical English Canadian bigotry. Have some respect. There was probably hockey in Quebec City while your town was just a church and two farms. It was by far the worst reffing I have seen in a long time. Worst than Denis Morel and Kerry Fraser. I also think the Remparts lost their tournament at the end of the Generals game.

Now about the attendance numbers. They dropped the ball by trying to force feed us package. They were more expensive than season tickets, which include playoffs. They started to sell single game tickets not so long ago. And it was pretty pissed poor marketing too. We didn't know the prices of the tickets,

General Zodd

May 6, 2013
Toronto
Typical English Canadian bigotry. Have some respect. There was probably hockey in Quebec City while your town was just a church and two farms. It was by far the worst reffing I have seen in a long time. Worst than Denis Morel and Kerry Fraser. I also think the Remparts lost their tournament at the end of the Generals game.

Now about the attendance numbers. They dropped the ball by trying to force feed us package. They were more expensive than season tickets, which include playoffs. They started to sell single game tickets not so long ago. And it was pretty pissed poor marketing too. We didn't know the prices of the tickets,

Why would you assume that my mother tongue is English? Perhaps my native language is Spanish or even German? :shakehead - Anyway respect must be earned and based on what we've seen thus far - you've got some ways to go. At one point everything was "a church and two farms" so I don't see the relevance of this hideous statement.

BTW, the city I live in has 4 million+ people, makes Quebec city a village! Have a nice day! :D

Requinmarteau

May 30, 2015
Why would you assume that my mother tongue is English? Perhaps my native language is Spanish or even German? :shakehead - Anyway respect must be earned and based on what we've seen thus far - you've got some ways to go. At one point everything was "a church and two farms" so I don't see the relevance of this hideous statement.

BTW, the city I live in has 4 million+ people, makes Quebec city a village! Have a nice day! :D

First of all sorry if I insulted you. I supposed you were English Canadian. But if it's the worst you ever seen a crowd behave...
I'll be frank. I wasn't so proud of the crowd. Especially the f#&$@ who threw the nails.
But I have to say the guy who threw glasses at the ref was funny.

puckeater

Dec 3, 2005
Call it classless but it was old school hockey fanarama. Bring back the Nords! Montreal needs a back yard rival. Oh yeah:yo:

DJ Omnimaga

Sep 23, 2012
Québec City area
codewalr.us
Call it classless but it was old school hockey fanarama. Bring back the Nords! Montreal needs a back yard rival. Oh yeah:yo:

As much as I hate when people litter the ice with stuff, this happened before in NHL and NFL cities and QUebec had it happen back in the Nordiques day. If such incident was enough to prevent us from getting a new NHL team as some people claimed, then Winnipeg would never have gotten the NHL back, Arizona would have lost the Phoenix Coyotes immediately after their 2012 elimination by the Kings and Boston/Phidalelphia would probably have lost their respective teams decades ago. Oh and Toronto would no longer have an NHL team either and no longer be able to make a profit from all the jerseys being thrown on the ice.

Also I find it funny that the only ones who complained about the attendance and fan behavior at the Quebec 2015 Memorial Cup are people from Montreal, Arizona and the surrounding areas around Kelowna and Oshawa. This makes it hard to give those comments any credibility considering the bias those people have against Quebec City or the Remparts.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC

His comment was moronic, but choosing to turn that into this made yours just as bad

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad