OT: Memorial Cup - May 16-25 at Budweiser Gardens in London, ON

Ventana*

He's in the Canucks organization. Of course he wouldn't score on a penalty shot/shootout

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
****ing weak effort...what are u taking a morning stroll, bo ho?!?!

As TJ Oshie has quite clearly proven, there's no difference in whether you go in with speed or not. It's all about whether the goalie bites.

Besides, going low blocker is one of the best shot placements you can have, Bibeau just read it all the way.

How Ya Drouin

12/08/13 GM GamesRIP
Apr 24, 2013
Ontario
I really like London's style of play, as puck-possession oriented as junior hockey gets.

Unfortunately, they're really reminding me of the Canucks this game...

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
I really like London's style of play, as puck-possession oriented as junior hockey gets.

Unfortunately, they're really reminding me of the Canucks this game...

I dunno if I would go that far. They've had lots of scoring chances unlike the Canucks. Plus the possession advantage for the Knights has been overwhelming. Bibeau has just been both very good and very lucky, especially on some of those deflection saves.

Wetcoaster

I dunno if I would go that far. They've had lots of scoring chances unlike the Canucks. Bibeau has been both good and lucky, especially on some of those deflection saves.
That 34 day lay-off has London's offensive game timing off.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Good game. Domi with an ill-timed fancy behind the back pass at the end of there, no idea why he would try that.

How Ya Drouin

12/08/13 GM GamesRIP
Apr 24, 2013
Ontario
I dunno if I would go that far. They've had lots of scoring chances unlike the Canucks. Plus the possession advantage for the Knights has been overwhelming. Bibeau has just been both very good and very lucky, especially on some of those deflection saves.

Yeah, I was thinking more so a combined offensively challenged 2013 Canucks with possession gods 2011 Canucks lol.

Wetcoaster

51 save 1-0 shutout for Val d'Or's goaltender Antoine Bibeau and a goal from Mantha.

Ventana*

Horvat will fit in well in the Western Conference. Just a possession beast and excellent on face-offs.

Yup. He's amazing at protecting the puck and keeping possession. I wouldn't mind seeing him have a few shifts with the Sedins in the future. Might be a fun PP setup to try.

arsmaster*

What a dud matchup for opening night. The final team to qualify and the team who hasn't played in a month.

Neither team impressed tonight.

Wetcoaster

Clutch scorer?

Tim Wharnsby ‏@WharnsbyCBC
With GWG for Val d'Or tonight, #RedWings prospect Anthony Mantha has 87 goals in 89 combined reg season, postseason & world jr games.

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
Damn is this tourney not tracking faceoff stats? How many in a row did Horvat win in the last two minutes there?

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Damn is this tourney not tracking faceoff stats? How many in a row did Horvat win in the last two minutes there?

He lost a couple faceoffs in the last few minutes as well, I don't think he won more than 2 or 3 in a row.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00