Confirmed with Link: #MelnykOut Campaign - successfully raised 8K over this past weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I can afford to hire a house cleaner, but I choose to run a bare bones operation.
There's no real salary cap for operations.
Right or wrong that's the owners prerogative.

Oh this is kind of funny, because wasnt there the rumor Eugene got rid of a lot of the janitors so employees now have to clean out their own waste baskets? :laugh:

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Capfriendly: We have cap spending of $72.3 Million this year. Middle of the pack for the league.

What else you got?
Nice...That's cap hit

Salary Expenditures

Ottawa 67.2 million.

Colorado has 67 million
Carolina has 61 million
Arizona has 58.5 million

Everyone else is spending more

Smallest roster size in the NHL along with NYI with 22

Last edited:

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
Where we have been sitting for the last 19yrs, mostly around us the majority of seats holders have been there as long as us. We all know each other and have become friends over the years. We are not terribly happy with the performance and product on the ice, but we are all coming back to support the players, team and everyone who works for the organization. So to answer, everyone we know there or colleagues or business we deal with are all coming back.
That’s not everyone who invests in ticket packages. Also, my question wasn’t about who’s coming back.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Absolutely right.
But thats not anything close to removing the owner.

Do the fans have the legal power to remove the owner? Of course not. The best thing they can do is voice their displeasure if they are in fact displeased and not spend their money.

Personally I don’t think Eugene is ever going to sell, doesn’t mean I don’t think he sucks though.

An interesting tidbit is when Kucinich was an elected official in Ohio he proposed legislation that if the Browns were to relocate the city has the first opportunity to buy the team.

Of course the NFL threw a shit fit. In a perfect world the Ottawa Senators would be ran like Bayern Munchen but that will never ever happen. So we live with the owner who supports sexual assaulters.

Countdown0

Deep Breath... nope, still mad!
Jun 28, 2010
Ottawa
Not to derail much, but wasn't last year's run fun and enjoyable? Exciting? The Hamburglar run, how exciting and amazing was that? Those were too very entertaining seasons. Isnt that part of what we want to pay for as ticket buyers?

Back to your points, things are going back on the rails slowly. I think when the dust settles we will have a betyer picture of the future.

Your Karlsson demands are unrealistic. It just doesn't happen that way because he has to want to stay here and it ain't just about the money. To sign a player like Karlsson requires a commitment from ownership with the help if fans committing as well.

This market has to come back to the team.

Were they exciting? Sure, I never denied that or claimed otherwise. But I don't want to only be excited by this team during the odd unlikely playoff run or when we practically run the table to barely qualify for the playoffs in the tail end of the season. But what happened in between those exciting times? ... not much of anything, really. There are teams that have shown they can go deep in the playoffs repeatedly, can threaten championships annually. I want to see the Sens be one of those teams. A season of almost making it followed by two or three of garbage isn't very fulfilling. I'm not asking for five Stanley Cups in a row, but I am saying I want to see the effort put forward to TRY to do that anyway. Just because you can't always be the best, doesn't mean you shouldn't always try to be the best.

Moving on, my Karlsson "demands" are not unreasonable at all, nor are they really demands, but more so conditions for my continued fan support, as well as that of plenty of other fans I'm sure. I'm not saying the team actually has to convince Karlsson to sign for the bridges between Melnyk and the fans to be rebuilt. What I am saying is if Melnyk and Dorion offer EK $7 million per season while PK Subban (currently the highest AAV among defenseman) is making $9 million, then we know he's not that serious about keeping the best player this team has ever had, so why should we be serious about supporting HIM or his organisation?

I'm saying that if the team doesn't offer Karlsson a contract with AT LEAST $10 million AAV, they aren't serious about keeping him. He's worth as much as any player in the league, and EVERYONE knows it.

I'm saying that Shea Weber's Cap Hit is ~$7.85 million, Subban's is $9 million, Brent Burns' is $8 million, and Karlsson is better than any of those 3 guys. He can get more than them if he goes to market. I'm sure he knows that, and I'm sure his agent knows it too.

But if Melnyk wants to throw away a generational talent, then he's throwing away the support of a lot of fans.

Now, IF they offer Karlsson a contract that is actually in the area of correct value, and he decides not to sign, then fair enough. I can accept that. I will be disappointed, but I wont rag on Melnyk & Co. if they actually try for real to sign Karlsson and he isn't interested or otherwise declines.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
Capfriendly: We have cap spending of $72.3 Million this year. Middle of the pack for the league.

What else you got?

Not spending assets to save money? You know, like that extra draft pick in the Hemsky trade? The extra draft pick in the Brassard trade?

How about the smallest and least expensive front office and scouting staff in the league?

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Nice...That's cap hit

Salary Expenditures

Ottawa 67.2 million.

Colorado has 67 million
Carolina has 61 million
Arizona has 58.5 million

Everyone else is spending more

Smallest roster size in the NHL along with NYI with 22
That's daily cap hit/roster count AFTER the trade deadline you're quoting, no? Go pull the real numbers.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
That's daily cap hit/roster count AFTER the trade deadline you're quoting, no? Go pull the real numbers.
No, that is the amount spent on salaries over the full season, counting what was paid out to the guys that were here before being traded, and those that arrived after the season started.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Reactions: Ray Kinsella
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad