Speculation: #Melnkyout...The time is NOW!

Will you boycott the Sens over the next 6-8 weeks to put added pressure on Melnyk?

• Total voters

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
I thought it was established that the line of credit was "probably" maxed out (and this is why we've been getting those press releases from the team stating the $30 million LOC, ect). Could be making it up though, take it with a big grain of salt :laugh:

I'm pretty sure it's actually Canadian NHL teams can't use that LOC, only US teams.

FlyingJ

Feb 25, 2014
The City did not offer the RLG "free money" to cleanup the soil, that falls within the NCCs purview.

Now the City did grant the zoning and height changes for Ruddy/Trinity..... altering the original plans for the 900 Albert site ....... and that seemed "funny" at the time, and perhaps now a little shady.
And as noted multiple times in a few threads, the square footage of 900 Albert did not change, and the number of residential units did not drastically change. Additionally, quite a few of those units were going to be rentals.

Eugene's case against Ruddy and Trinity impacting condo sales at LeBreton appears to be weak at best.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
And as noted multiple times in a few threads, the square footage of 900 Albert did not change, and the number of residential units did not drastically change. Additionally, quite a few of those units were going to be rentals.

Eugene's case against Ruddy and Trinity impacting condo sales at LeBreton appears to be weak at best.

Agreed, it seems as to be a means to dissolve the "partnership" and perhaps in his mind, to retain control over the RLG, and bring in another partner(s) as @mysens has been suggesting for few months now ............... and you never know, it could actually even be Devcore.

Reactions: aragorn

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Agreed, it seems as to be a means to dissolve the "partnership" and perhaps in his mind, to retain control over the RLG, and bring in another partner(s) as @mysens has been suggesting for few months now ............... and you never know, it could actually even be Devcore.

Love your optimism. Melnyck isn't pulling a rabbit out of his hat. Look at the work he's done with this team, do you honestly think anything positive is going to happen with him in charge. This is his team, it is the biggest flop in The NHL, Phoenix has always sucked, Melnyck was given a full barn and a top NHL team and he's turned it into a a half empty arena and everyone from Alfie, the fans and the players saying they don't want to be a part of the gong show anymore. The mayor had to tell the NHL owner to get his business in order if he wants to get serious about NHK hockey downtown. When the mayor is telling the NHL owner he needs to get his house in order, that's like the coach of the Maple Leafs sending out well wishes to the mayor of Toronto when he's on a crack binge.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Love your optimism. Melnyck isn't pulling a rabbit out of his hat. Look at the work he's done with this team, do you honestly think anything positive is going to happen with him in charge. This is his team, it is the biggest flop in The NHL, Phoenix has always sucked, Melnyck was given a full barn and a top NHL team and he's turned it into a a half empty arena and everyone from Alfie, the fans and the players saying they don't want to be a part of the gong show anymore. The mayor had to tell the NHL owner to get his business in order if he wants to get serious about NHK hockey downtown. When the mayor is telling the NHL owner he needs to get his house in order, that's like the coach of the Maple Leafs sending out well wishes to the mayor of Toronto when he's on a crack binge.

Have always tried to be a glass half full type of person.

The Senators Franchise is NOT as terrible as it's worst critics make it out to be, and it's not as great as it's biggest supporters make it out to be ..... that the same can be said of the Coach/Owner/Gm. Life is very short, and there's no time for fussing and fighting, my friend, I have always thought that it's a crime. Some things in life are bad, they can really make you mad, other things just make you swear and curse, when you're chewing on life's gristle, don't grumble, give a whistle, and this'll help things turn out for the best, and always look on the bright side of life.

Edit 2pm, must be getting old, no one noticed the lines, from two songs, that I inserted into my post?

Last edited:

Spartachat

Aug 2, 2016
Ottawa

Devcore will be very careful about partnering with Melnyk after seeing what he has done with his previous partner. If something goes wrong, Devcore may have to deal with frivolous lawsuits.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Devcore will be very careful about partnering with Melnyk after seeing what he has done with his previous partner. If something goes wrong, Devcore may have to deal with frivolous lawsuits.

What are you partnering with Melnyck? He has no cash, no Capitol.p, all he owns are some exterior drawings of a stadium he wants. He just owns and NHL team and wants someone to build him a stadium.p, for $700 million. He literally is offering you nothing. he won't sign a long term lease on someone else's building and even if he did, his dealings show he's not honest and may not honour the lease anyways.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Have always tried to be a glass half full type of person.

The Senators Franchise is NOT as terrible as it's worst critics make it out to be, and it's not as great as it's biggest supporters make it out to be ..... that the same can be said of the Coach/Owner/Gm. Life is very short, and there's no time for fussing and fighting, my friend, I have always thought that it's a crime. Some things in life are bad, they can really make you mad, other things just make you swear and curse, when you're chewing on life's gristle, don't grumble, give a whistle, and this'll help things turn out for the best, and always look on the bright side of life.

you should put some of that towards Christian Jaros turning into the next Chris Pronger.

FlyingJ

Feb 25, 2014
What are you partnering with Melnyck? He has no cash, no Capitol.p, all he owns are some exterior drawings of a stadium he wants. He just owns and NHL team and wants someone to build him a stadium.p, for $700 million. He literally is offering you nothing. he won't sign a long term lease on someone else's building and even if he did, his dealings show he's not honest and may not honour the lease anyways.
That's the issue. The only thing I could possibly see working for Melnyk is that Devcore's plan relied less on condos than the initial RendezVous bid. Obviously, as Devcore's president alluded to in the interview he did with TSN1200, if they were to get involved with LeBreton it would require using some of RendezVous' plan given how far along things were. If they cannibalized the two bids so that there were fewer condos overall while bringing in a few of Devcore's more theme-park-esque features, Melnyk could try to finance the arena with funds made from the condo he was trying to build (IIRC that was part of his suit against Ruddy: Melnyk himself was going to build a condo he had stakes in...I wouldn't be surprised if part of the various lines of credit the team has announced over the last year were going towards that), which wouldn't have as much competition if there were fewer condos in a potential new plan, regardless of 900 Albert.

But honestly, this is really reaching (it's flat-out speculation on my part, and I'm playing Devil's Advocate to an extent), and I can't see Devcore being thrilled by the idea of working with Eugene, even if he would bring an anchor tenant for the development in the Sens. IMO, Devcore's recent announcement was about putting public pressure on the NCC and Melnyk to push things in Devcore's favour with the likely end goal being convincing Euge to sell the team to one of the billionaires affiliated with Devcore.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015

Devcore may see it as a chance to get in on the Lebreton Project, that they wanted, but lost ..... and EM may see this as away to retain his share of the deal with the NCC ....... they both see the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
That's the issue. The only thing I could possibly see working for Melnyk is that Devcore's plan relied less on condos than the initial RendezVous bid. Obviously, as Devcore's president alluded to in the interview he did with TSN1200, if they were to get involved with LeBreton it would require using some of RendezVous' plan given how far along things were. If they cannibalized the two bids so that there were fewer condos overall while bringing in a few of Devcore's more theme-park-esque features, Melnyk could try to finance the arena with funds made from the condo he was trying to build (IIRC that was part of his suit against Ruddy: Melnyk himself was going to build a condo he had stakes in...I wouldn't be surprised if part of the various lines of credit the team has announced over the last year were going towards that), which wouldn't have as much competition if there were fewer condos in a potential new plan, regardless of 900 Albert.

But honestly, this is really reaching (it's flat-out speculation on my part, and I'm playing Devil's Advocate to an extent), and I can't see Devcore being thrilled by the idea of working with Eugene, even if he would bring an anchor tenant for the development in the Sens. IMO, Devcore's recent announcement was about putting public pressure on the NCC and Melnyk to push things in Devcore's favour with the likely end goal being convincing Euge to sell the team to one of the billionaires affiliated with Devcore.

If they want to get in on Lebreton, the easiest way is to partner up with Melnyk. Both sides get what they want and Devcore gets a major foothold in the core of the city.

Money makes strange bedfellows. Ya never know

supsens

Oct 6, 2013

His net worth is over 1 billion, those must be some pricey drawings he owns.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Nah, Eugene will have to sell in a few years either way. All Devcore has to do is go ahead with their plan, and wait a few years for Eugene to fold. No point capitulating for a guy who is quickly running out of cash.

Unless, of course, Melynk has been making a monster profit all this time, and is sitting on a pile of money and laughing at all the folks holding water for him.....

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com
All things point to EM running a house of cards with the Sens. Now he may be playing with house moeny and leaving his own cash out of it but having issues with payroll, creditors, lawsuits, project financing and more leads me to believe that EM's money trouble is more then meets the eye.

I dunno maybe is my desire to see EM get the F out of town but from the way the team is run to these politics and money rumors over the years , where their is smoke their is fire.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
His net worth is over 1 billion, those must be some pricey drawings he owns.

This just in....He actually doesn’t own the drawings, Ruddy does. If Melnyck didn’t have bad luck he’d have no luck at all.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
No smart or reputable business person would go near this guy...as is, he will self implode shortly although I'm sure that could be expedited with a few minor moves from a smart person or group.

Reactions: FlyingJ

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009

Best part about this is Poo-jeans looks angry and everyone else has already started cheering. I think this kind of sums everything up in Sens land. "Owner angry at players for being elite, mayor for offering prime real estate for new stadium, fans for wanting stable team"

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Hopefully Ruddy wins forcing Melynk to sell :P

If Ruddy sues CSMI I would imagine this legal battle could drag on for years. The Senators are one of the assets within CSMI, does this mean the Senators could not be sold until all legal proceedings had been resolved ? I pray not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad