Speculation: #Melnkyout...The time is NOW!

Will you boycott the Sens over the next 6-8 weeks to put added pressure on Melnyk?

• Total voters

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017

With today's developments showing division between the Trinity Group and Eugene Melnyk, who are being given until January to get their act together, Sens fans are being given a unique opportunity to TRY and force #Melnykout.

We need to act as one and empty the arena. Hit Eugene in the pocketbook while he is already under great financial stress. Help the group trying to take over the team by lowering his revenue stream and making it clear the fans have abandoned him as an owner. Help lower his asking price by weakening his position.

We will never get this good a chance again to help try and improve the long term outlook for this franchise. From now until the January deadline, Sens fans must rise up and do their part.

Last edited:

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto

With today's developments showing division between the Trinity Group and Eugene Melnyk, who ar being given until January to get their act together, Sens fans are being given a unique opportunity to TRY and force #Melnykout.

We need to act as one and empty the arena. Hit Eugene in the pocketbook while he is already under great financial stress. Help the group trying to take over the team by lowering his revenue stream and making it clear the fans have abandoned him as an owner. Help lower his asking price by weakening his position.

We will never get this good a chance again to help try and improve the long term outlook for this franchise. From now until the January deadline, Sens fans must rise up and do their part.

Until now I've been torn on how much effect the boycott is actually having, but with today's events I'm with you on this. Let's end this farce once and for all.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Im up for pitching in on some more loot for billboards, free'd up a bunch of money by no longer supporting the current circus!

hawthy

Mar 31, 2010
Ottawa
Dec. 1 is coming soon as well. As the building will surely be full and in a sadly unique way (not with rival fans), it should be interesting. I'm sure the game will get national coverage (I believe it's a matinee?). I have visions of "Mel-nyk Out", or "F**k you, Mel-nyk" chants echoing throughout the building, similar to the "Danny Douchebag" chants during Heatley's return.

Since the games are hardly full enough - understandably - to have that sort of resonating presence regularly these days, I'd say that'd be a key opportunity.

The media would gobble that s**t up.

Reactions: Caesar Rex

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.

With today's developments showing division between the Trinity Group and Eugene Melnyk, who are being given until January to get their act together, Sens fans are being given a unique opportunity to TRY and force #Melnykout.

You need to go after the sponsors too.
Send petitions to them and stop giving them your money.
If you can't sell advertising, you're in even more trouble.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
If there was ever a time when Melnyck was on the Pot and needed to generate a massive log, that time is now. I'd recommend the hot-dogs, best I've ever had.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
The noose is tighter than my high school prom bow tie, the chair Melnyk is standing on has broken legs.

The mantra: #MelnykBoycott #EmptyCTC #MelnykOut

Reactions: billpo

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Lol he isn't going anywhere it's his team and the nhl has to protect him as an active owner they cant push him

melnyk is probably gonna live another 20 years knowing our luck as fans

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
There’s no way he’s winning another bid so he’s pretty much ****ed if he doesn’t sell soon.

I think he’s still delusional though.

He can't bid on his own, he has nobody to partner with, essentially #MelnykOut if he can't settle things with Ruddy (which is not going to happen in my INFORMED but OWN humble opinion).

As I have professed throughout the summer, the sale of the Senators is a matter of when not if.

Last edited:

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
I like how this is causing some solidarity between rival fanbases, seemingly lol. What strange times we're in.
It's very, very conflicting.
I lived through the Ballard years so I know and understand.
There are times when I think back to that and realize that no fan base should have to endure such BS. Then, I think, meh, they're Sens fans so f them. LOL (meant to be taken in jest. please take it that way).

One nephew is at Carlton so we visit once in a while and go to a game. I hate that arena and where it is. If he stays in Ottawa, I hope there's a new building.
His brother, at Fanshawe, is a big Sens fan. He surfed that wave after the early season victory over us pretty good at Thanksgiving and when I was down to see him a couple weeks ago. I let him blather on about it then reminded him that Geno was the owner of his favourite team. It was a bit of a trump card.

I would caution you on boycotts. Perhaps Gene is playing a long game and this is his exit strategy. Drive the thing into the ground and make it financially not viably in Ottawa and move it. Despite what he says.
That said, it feels to me more like he feels like fans are ungrateful for the man who saved the franchise. I've often wondered if one of the things that made SJ the destination for EK is so fans can't really watch him play. 10:30 starts are tough.

Anyway, good luck with all this. Nothing worse than a helpless feeling as a fan.

Last edited:

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012

Rise up you say???

PleasantScaryGenet-size_restricted.gif

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
There’s no way he’s winning another bid so he’s pretty much ****ed if he doesn’t sell soon.

I think he’s still delusional though.

He seemingly has doubled down on every wrong he has and made it worse, I can't see him finally seeing the light when pushed into a corner, likely increased poor decisions, spite and stubbornness....strikes me as the kind of guy who would cheap shot a guy from the ground after losing a fight when the clear winner had already backed off.

Reactions: Gil Gunderson

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Lol he isn't going anywhere it's his team and the nhl has to protect him as an active owner they cant push him

melnyk is probably gonna live another 20 years knowing our luck as fans

the nhl has to protect him that is definitely true

but eventually all the owners will get sick of the fact that there is a lot less money coming out of ottawa

this isnt like arizona where it has consistently been status quo or near it, this is a team that is making significantly less money and is taking money out of the other owners profits and im sure that does not sit well with some of the owners

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
It's very, very conflicting.
I lived through the Ballard years so I know and understand.
There are times when I think back to that and realize that no fan base should have to endure such BS. Then, I think, meh, they're Sens fans so f them. LOL (meant to be taken in jest. please take it that way).

One nephew is at Carlton so we visit once in a while and go to a game. I hate that arena and where it is. If he stays in Ottawa, I hope there's a new building.
His brother, at Fanshawe, is a big Sens fan. He surfed that wave after the early season victory over us pretty good at Thanksgiving and when I was down to see him a couple weeks ago. I let him blather on about it then reminded him that Geno was the owner of his favourite team. It was a bit of a trump card.

I would caution you on boycotts. Perhaps Gene is playing a long game and this is his exit strategy. Drive the thing into the ground and make it financially not viably in Ottawa and move it. Despite what he says.
That said, it feels to me more like he feels like fans are ingrateful for the man who saved the franchise. I've often wondered if one of the things that made SJ the destination for EK is so fans can't really watch him play. 10:30 starts are tough.

Anyway, good luck with all this. Nothing worse than a helpless feeling as a fan.

I have to laugh at comments like this from Toronto fans. The Leafs arena is in a crappy spot for most fans. Sure it's fine if you live along the lake shore in a condo or if you work right downtown. But for the average fan it is a bitch to get to and find parking. if you live north of the 401 it will take you 90 minutes to get home once you exit the arena. downsview park would have been much better.
As for the Senators the problem with the arena is that it's at one far end of the community which was a bad idea. Still 90 % of the fans can get home in an hour but in Ottawa that is forever!

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
I have to laugh at comments like this from Toronto fans. The Leafs arena is in a crappy spot for most fans. Sure it's fine if you live along the lake shore in a condo or if you work right downtown. But for the average fan it is a ***** to get to and find parking. if you live north of the 401 it will take you 90 minutes to get home once you exit the arena. downsview park would have been much better.
As for the Senators the problem with the arena is that it's at one far end of the community which was a bad idea. Still 90 % of the fans can get home in an hour but in Ottawa that is forever!
Ya, thanks for your concern. FYI, you can't get anywhere in Toronto without dedicating serious time. So it's location in that regard is irrelevant.

I'm currently 100 miles from Bridgestone in Nashville. I can drive there faster than I can drive the 25 miles from my house to SBA.
Arenas need to be downtown. Downsview is a stupid idea.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
I have to laugh at comments like this from Toronto fans. The Leafs arena is in a crappy spot for most fans. Sure it's fine if you live along the lake shore in a condo or if you work right downtown. But for the average fan it is a ***** to get to and find parking. if you live north of the 401 it will take you 90 minutes to get home once you exit the arena. downsview park would have been much better.

At least there's a plethora of public transit options for fans to get to and from the Leafs arena. The Sens current arena has what, just a few shuttle buses right now?

Reactions: DrEasy

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
At least there's a plethora of public transit options for fans to get to and from the Leafs arena. The Sens current arena has what, just a few shuttle buses right now?

By the time an arena is built the LRT will be running.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008

Off topic, just wanted to say I love your avatar and username. I'm getting my dad a framed print for part of his 60th birthday gift :)

Reactions: Tracer Bullet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad