Speculation: #Melnkyout...The time is NOW!

Will you boycott the Sens over the next 6-8 weeks to put added pressure on Melnyk?

• Total voters

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Source?

Based on what I was told, money has been re-directed from the team to other ventures, both commercial and personal. So that's cash that could have been deployed against debt, for example. And no, I won't reveal source so you can dismiss it if you like.

Oh, I see, you can ask for a source, but you won't provide one.

So I put zero stock in what you're alleging.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Ha, that’s true, forgot about that run!

That should do wonders to remove the choking label, I wonder if it ends up being the final hurrah for that core, like it was for us.

I think they win the cup this year and start peaking right as we slide into the playoffs. Just a prediction, and maybe a biased one, but we shall see!

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
I think they win the cup this year and start peaking right as we slide into the playoffs. Just a prediction, and maybe a biased one, but we shall see!

I really like Calgary this year. Two goalies, great D, dominant top line and the middle six is very solid. Plus they stick up for one another like no one else. Plus they need a good run to get an arena.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I really like Calgary this year. Two goalies, great D, dominant top line and the middle six is very solid. Plus they stick up for one another like no one else. Plus they need a good run to get an arena.
Yes, Calgary looks great this year. Their offseason moves have really paid off. They'll be my bandwagon team as the Senators try to get back to respectability over the next few years.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
Yes, Calgary looks great this year. Their offseason moves have really paid off. They'll be my bandwagon team as the Senators try to get back to respectability over the next few years.

That Hamilton trade was one of the best trades I’ve ever seen. Neal has taken time to settle in, but his sh% is at a historic low. When he catches, he gunna be fire.

I’m happy for them. Calgary needs something - Alberta has been economically devastated and hockey is a nice distraction from reality.

I also can’t believe they didn’t go for for the Winter Olympics.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
That Hamilton trade was one of the best trades I’ve ever seen. Neal has taken time to settle in, but his sh% is at a historic low. When he catches, he gunna be fire.

I’m happy for them. Calgary needs something - Alberta has been economically devastated and hockey is a nice distraction from reality.

I also can’t believe they didn’t go for for the Winter Olympics.
For sure. That was one of those trades that actually worked out well for both teams, but Calgary looks genius atm with Lindholm killing it and Hanifin settling in. Lindholm could end up being the best player in the deal and end up with 30 or 40 goals this year. A guy like Neal will payoff at playoff time even if he's struggled so far, I still like that signing too.

I think they have a legit shot at a cup and between them and Winnipeg, it should give some good canadian playoff content that isn't the Habs or Leafs.

Those peeps in Alberta are an angry bunch these days. I can't pretend to relate to most in that region of Canada because my political views don't align with the majority, but I would have voted down the Olympics as well. Not a lot of interest in it personally and if I lived in the City, I would prefer not to have to deal with the craziness of it all.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Getting Hanifin and Lindholm, two young cost-controlled assets for Hamilton (UFA in 2YRs), Ferland (UFA this year) and Fox (college loophole UFA in a year) was genius asset-management by Treliving.

Signing Neal to a 5YR 5.75M deal and Ryan to a 3YR 3.125M deal was not so genius. Even if they had the room to do it, was a waste of valuable cap space and will bite them in the ass eventually.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Easily. There are so many people that work downtown Ottawa that could just walk to the game after work.

People that are in the valley would still come, just like people that live in Orleans/Rockland still go to games right now even though it's far for them. I have many friends that live in the valley and when they go out they go out in Ottawa anyways. By having the arena in the most central location possible where the population density is at it's highest will definitely result in more walk ins.

Exactly between Gatineau and the East end thats over 600,000 people that likely dont even consider going to Kanata on a regular basis.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->