Confirmed with Link: Meier, Harrington, 3 prospects, Col's '24 5th to Devils for 2023 1st, Zetterlund, Johanson, Okhotiuk, Mukhamadullin, conditional 2024 1st, '24 7th

independent observer

Apr 9, 2023
How’s everyone feeling about this trade now after seeing some games?
I would say so so… could be better, could be worse…

I guess most would have expected a bit more offensive production given that he has now a top tier playmaker with Hughes next to him. I am actually surprised he hasn‘t seen more turns with Hischier since they showed good chemistry in juniors and the Swiss national team before.

It‘s not the first time that a power forward experiences a slow start after a trade. I expect much more of him next season.

Additionally, Meier has always been a streaky player. He can go on tears but also be very quiet in terms of scoring for extended periods. That is also probably the reason why San Jose did not keep him at all costs.

Nevermind, players like him are rare commodity nowadays (physical, big, good skater and shot). Hence, a big payday is coming.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
For some reason I was never as attached to Timo as some of the other Sharks players. I think he’s good but I don’t know, just didn’t click with him. He even wears my number and I’m like… damn wish that was Pavs…

I’m happy with the trade. I’ll be even happier if they get to the conference finals.

CaptainShark

Sep 25, 2004
Fulda, Germany
I feel really good about the trade, cause

a) i think there is a good chance we would have caught Arizona and Montreal if we had kept Timo

b) I love what I have seen from Muc so far

The grade is still incomplete until I see what we do with the Devils pick, but there will be some very intriguing players available at that spot.

Reactions: Sandisfan

TheBigDrunkPanda

Oct 19, 2021
Basically about the same. Zetterlund is a throw-in but Muk is legit and two relatively high picks are nothing to complain about, plus more D depth in Okhotiuk. Jonsson wasn't terrible either, just unlucky and happened to get injured.
I’m still in wait in see mode, I still think it was a trade for spar parts. Zetterlund is a solid 3/4 liner on a team with depth.
But if the devils don’t resign Timo it’s actually a fair deal

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
I’m still in wait in see mode, I still think it was a trade for spar parts. Zetterlund is a solid 3/4 liner on a team with depth.
Eh, I don't think you can judge the trade on whether or not he signs.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
It was a good deal already. I think the unrealistic expectations of hoping to get Mercer, Hughes, or the likes is blinding people.
In the end Meier was a pending RFA with a ridiculous QO. Getting Muk, a 1st, and the potential for another 1st is a really good deal. The rest you can say are spare parts but the main bulk of the deal was good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad