Confirmed with Link: Meier, Harrington, 3 prospects, Col's '24 5th to Devils for 2023 1st, Zetterlund, Johanson, Okhotiuk, Mukhamadullin, conditional 2024 1st, '24 7th

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
Surprised he actually has a knock. Thought it was fake

Little more than a knock, he's been out since Feb 18.

If SJ were in the business of faking injuries, then I expect Karl to have a "broken finger" any day now, out for rest of season.

Reactions: Sandisfan

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020

He's gonna be a good one. Every NJ fan knew you guys got a haul, ignore the casuals, no one outside of NJ watches the Devils anyway lol. How's Zetterlund been btw? I saw his first game but didn't see last night.

Little more than a knock, he's been out since Feb 18.

If SJ were in the business of faking injuries, then I expect Karl to have a "broken finger" any day now, out for rest of season.

With the way the Devils have been talking about him needing to clear contact and him skating a ton makes me think it's a concussion? I also saw he was a tinted visor in one of his last SJ practices, any credence to that theory?

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
He's gonna be a good one. Every NJ fan knew you guys got a haul, gnore the casuals, no one outside of NJ watches the Devils anyway lol. How's Zetterlund been btw? I saw his first game but didn't see last night.
He’s looking like he’s going to do well here. He likes to shoot, finds the tight places for shots and doesn’t shy away from contact. As y’all said, that a few here ignored, he’s going to be a fan favorite.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
He’s looking like he’s going to do well here. He likes to shoot, finds the tight places for shots and doesn’t shy away from contact. As y’all said, that a few here ignored, he’s going to be a fan favorite.

Really glad to hear. He was really liked in NJ, he reminded us a ton of prime Zubrus with a better shot.

Reactions: Alaskanice

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
Really glad to hear. He was really liked in NJ, he reminded us a ton of prime Zubrus with a better shot.

I think he's still figuring out his linemates and how the team plays. I think he looks a little bit like he's trying to follow play and go to the right place. His second game was better than his first, though, and he's so friggin' strong. He tossed a guy like a rag doll last game.

I expected him to be a bit faster, but I think maybe he's still just a little hesitant/thinking a lot on the ice. But I do really like him and am curious to see more. There's a bit of Raffi Torres minus the jackass there.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
I think he's still figuring out his linemates and how the team plays. I think he looks a little bit like he's trying to follow play and go to the right place. His second game was better than his first, though, and he's so friggin' strong. He tossed a guy like a rag doll last game.

I expected him to be a bit faster, but I think maybe he's still just a little hesitant/thinking a lot on the ice. But I do really like him and am curious to see more.
There's a bit of Raffi Torres minus the jackass there.

This just in, Zetterlund has been suspended 50 games by the DOPS as a preventative measure

Last edited:

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020

I expected him to be a bit faster, but I think maybe he's still just a little hesitant/thinking a lot on the ice. But I do really like him and am curious to see more. There's a bit of Raffi Torres minus the jackass there.

Yeah, he's not a burner but he can get from point A to point B pretty well. He played a ton with Hughes and didn't look like he was step behind. The Zubrus with a better shot is a better comp to me but I can see that too sorta.

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
Yeah, he's not a burner but he can get from point A to point B pretty well. He played a ton with Hughes and didn't look like he was step behind. The Zubrus with a better shot is a better comp to me but I can see that too sorta.

When Raffi wasn't being an idiot, he was a really skilled player, great shot, built like a tank, protected the puck well, etc.

I can't quite gauge yet what kind of player Zetterlund is yet but I'm really excited to see him play with Eklund and Hertl tomorrow (if that's the line). That's a lot of skill on that line and I think he can be a great complement to them.

All in all, I'm quite happy with the return from you guys. Mukh sounds like he's getting better and better too. Now... would you do us a goddamn favor and make the ECF this season and then just have a total backslide next season? Thanks!

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
When Raffi wasn't being an idiot, he was a really skilled player, great shot, built like a tank, protected the puck well, etc.

I can't quite gauge yet what kind of player Zetterlund is yet but I'm really excited to see him play with Eklund and Hertl tomorrow (if that's the line). That's a lot of skill on that line and I think he can be a great complement to them.

All in all, I'm quite happy with the return from you guys. Mukh sounds like he's getting better and better too. Now... would you do us a goddamn favor and make the ECF this season and then just have a total backslide next season? Thanks!

1/2 doesn't sound so bad :laugh:

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Okay hear us out, what about a cup win this season and then a total flameout next year while all your players are hungover for a season?
OR an absolute collapse this year where they lose out but still make the playoffs and then NEXT YEAR they win the cup.

Reactions: Eggdoh

karltonian

Jan 1, 2023

Raffi was very good at actual hockey, it's too bad he chose violence and it ended his career.

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
Raffi was very good at actual hockey, it's too bad he chose violence and it ended his career.
Funny you say that, considering as a Shark, Raffi was fairly clean. He (understandably) got no benefit of the doubt from the league for at worst grey-area hits, some of which they literally created rules to justify those suspensions after the hits.

Raffi Torres was a dirty player, but he learned his lesson after getting back from the Hossa hit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad