Confirmed with Link: Meier, Harrington, 3 prospects, Col's '24 5th to Devils for 2023 1st, Zetterlund, Johanson, Okhotiuk, Mukhamadullin, conditional 2024 1st, '24 7th

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010

For THN's upcoming Future Watch issue, they'll have Mukhamadullin as the #42 overall prospect.

Feels like Mukhmadullin is starting to generate some pretty solid upward momentum this year, between Pronman and this and some of the comments from Sheng's scouts. I am here for it!

c31t2si16my31.png

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
In hindsight, the idea that Meier is basically a rental was a compelling one. New Jersey gets a playoff run with him being highly cost-controlled, and the option to get him at one year @10-million or long-term at a fairly big cap hit. When you look at comparables, the Sharks got a haul.

OffSydes

#tank2014/5
Aug 14, 2011
In hindsight, the idea that Meier is basically a rental was a compelling one. New Jersey gets a playoff run with him being highly cost-controlled, and the option to get him at one year @10-million or long-term at a fairly big cap hit. When you look at comparables, the Sharks got a haul.

Also the conditions on the 2024 do not include him so in theory the Devils could make the ECF without him and the Shorks would still get the pick

Last edited:

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
In be for Devils flip his rights to LVGK at the draft.

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
NJD has been trying to acquire Meier for 2+ years. Not happening.
They didn't work out an extension pre-trade. There's no guarantee they'll meet Meier's demands. If that's the case I could see NJD getting what they can for his rights.

I'm not saying they won't agree on a deal (Timo/NJD) but if the money isn't there then NJD gonna get something out of it.

Shark in Hockeytown

Jul 18, 2021
I will be surprised in Meier does not sign with New Jersey this off-season. They can offer him an 8-year contract, and the price, $8M to $9M a year, is clear. It is better for them to sign that contract this summer. He should want to stay because the Devils are likely to win a cup in the next five seasons.

cn1devils

Oct 10, 2022
He Folks, Devils fan comes in peace. I feel your pain, us Devils fans have been there with Taylor Hall trade which you guys got a better return with Meier. I don't agree with comparing Muk in the Devils prospect ranking is the way to look at his value. We have been bottom dwellers for 5 years and traded the whole team for picks. We have a stacked propect farm. Muk is the 3rd best defensive prospect behind Luck and Neimic which all have NHL star potential, no NHL team would trade them. He is arguably our 3rd best prospect, depends on who you ask. I am happy for him because he would have been stuck in our depth chart. You got a good one, he will be key in the rebuild.

Devil fans will miss Zetterland (he is a bull dog that won't quit) and Okhotiuk (dude is fearless, he beat our GM son in a Ahl playoff game). Those are the guys you want in the playoffs in a couple of years and i feel confident you guys got 3 solid Nhlers. Wish you guys luck in winning the lottery draft.

Peace and love
Devils fan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad