Confirmed with Link: Meier, Harrington, 3 prospects, Col's '24 5th to Devils for 2023 1st, Zetterlund, Johanson, Okhotiuk, Mukhamadullin, conditional 2024 1st, '24 7th

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Is now the time to go to the Devils’ board and tell them that actually Meier is really great and the trade was really even?
Judging from how it’s looked whenever they came over, I think the right time is never. I did not realize that there was something more annoying than me that could happen on these boards. NJD fans have won.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
It was Timo for Muk, who was like NJD's 5th best D-prospect.
I know this was a joke but ain’t quite wrong. Hughes, Nemec definitely higher. Mukhamadullin was on the next tier with Vilen and Casey. Personally I like Vilen and Casey more but I can easily see Muk being ranked higher on some lists.

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
I know this was a joke but ain’t quite wrong. Hughes, Nemec definitely higher. Mukhamadullin was on the next tier with Vilen and Casey. Personally I like Vilen and Casey more but I can easily see Muk being ranked higher on some lists.
I think he was “higher” on Griers list because he’s closer to playing in the NHL. The others were ready and Grier got the draft picks for dues the road.

Reactions: StanleyCup2035

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I think he was “higher” on Griers list because he’s closer to playing in the NHL. The others were ready and Grier got the draft picks for dues the road.
I mean all of those guys will be in the NHL in the next couple years if they were with the Sharks. I think it was more defensive ability. Casey is probably the most gifted offensively, Vilen probably the best two way D, Shakir probably the best defensively. Im not sure though because that also doesn’t seem right. I’ve never been a big fan of Muk even in his draft year and when the Devils made that pick, I laughed. Honestly Muk is better now than I ever thought he would be (that might be an overstatement). I really never thought Muk had any NHL potential above third pair. I see a bit more now. I doubt Muk will ever be above 2nd pair but I mean that’s higher than I thought. I really liked Casey last year and wanted the Sharks to take him with literally any of their picks. Vilen I keyed in a bit this year because of Timo to NJD rumors but really liked the two way game I saw.

I’m stubborn so a bit of my Shakir takes is probably bias spilling over from how I saw him in his draft year because let’s be honest I haven’t paid a ton of attention to him since then. I hope I’m wrong and Shakir proves to be a legit top 4 D but there’s just this nagging thought when I see him play that he won’t be. Man I hope I’m wrong though!

Reactions: sharks_dynasty

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
I mean all of those guys will be in the NHL in the next couple years if they were with the Sharks. I think it was more defensive ability. Casey is probably the most gifted offensively, Vilen probably the best two way D, Shakir probably the best defensively. Im not sure though because that also doesn’t seem right. I’ve never been a big fan of Muk even in his draft year and when the Devils made that pick, I laughed. Honestly Muk is better now than I ever thought he would be (that might be an overstatement). I really never thought Muk had any NHL potential above third pair. I see a bit more now. I doubt Muk will ever be above 2nd pair but I mean that’s higher than I thought. I really liked Casey last year and wanted the Sharks to take him with literally any of their picks. Vilen I keyed in a bit this year because of Timo to NJD rumors but really liked the two way game I saw.

I’m stubborn so a bit of my Shakir takes is probably bias spilling over from how I saw him in his draft year because let’s be honest I haven’t paid a ton of attention to him since then. I hope I’m wrong and Shakir proves to be a legit top 4 D but there’s just this nagging thought when I see him play that he won’t be. Man I hope I’m wrong though!
I’m hoping as well. I’m of the idea that those guys have forgotten more than we will ever know. To live a daily life of hockey, to get paid to play and manage is well beyond my thoughts. I leave it up to them to figure it out. That’s me.

Reactions: Gecklund

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California

I will say, going almost a point a game in the AHL, after playing long season in the KHL, and having no adjustment time to NA ice is pretty damn impressive. He seemed to come in and immediately make an impact — that’s really impressive to me.

What I like is that this kid seems to really work hard on fixing his deficiencies so, I’m hopeful.

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
I will say, going almost a point a game in the AHL, after playing long season in the KHL, and having no adjustment time to NA ice is pretty damn impressive. He seemed to come in and immediately make an impact — that’s really impressive to me.

What I like is that this kid seems to really work hard on fixing his deficiencies so, I’m hopeful.
It is impressive. I would say he has a very good chance to get into the NHL next year.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
I agree that Muk was the centerpiece from a player perspective. The joke was the second part, poking fun at this board's perpetual helmet wearers (on account of the ever-present risk of the sky literally falling).

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
I agree that Muk was the centerpiece from a player perspective. The joke was the second part, poking fun at this board's perpetual helmet wearers (on account of the ever-present risk of the sky literally falling).
The sky is perpetually on the ground. Can’t really fall here.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California

What I like is that this kid seems to really work hard on fixing his deficiencies so, I’m hopeful
Yeah definitely that was a part of my change thought. He’s been really good since coming to SJ.

Reactions: Alaskanice

Internazionale

Apr 24, 2007
Airdrie, AB
Honestly didn't expect to see Meier struggle in NJ as much as he has. Muk will be a good one, no doubt about it. Zetterlund will be better next year also I believe. Okhotiuk will hopefully make an immediate impact as well. Hit on the late first and we are golden.

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
Honestly didn't expect to see Meier struggle in NJ as much as he has. Muk will be a good one, no doubt about it. Zetterlund will be better next year also I believe. Okhotiuk will hopefully make an immediate impact as well. Hit on the late first and we are golden.
I mean, just based on Muk’s short time in the AHL, kid made an immediate impact, and that was after a long season in the KHL.

Reactions: StanleyCup2035

CaptainShark

Sep 25, 2004
Fulda, Germany
Any injury update on Meier?

Devils have a good chance to go on to the CF finals which would turn the 2024 2nd into a first IF Meier plays 50% of the games (still wondering if it’s 50% since the trade, 50% in rounds 1 and 2 or 50% in the whole POs).

Anyway, after he went 0/0/-3 in round 1, Devils lawyers are already working on a plea that comes to the conclusion that in light of the conditions involved Timo didn’t play a single game in round one… lawyers :sarcasm:

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
Devils have a good chance to go on to the CF finals which would turn the 2024 2nd into a first IF Meier plays 50% of the games (still wondering if it’s 50% since the trade, 50% in rounds 1 and 2 or 50% in the whole POs).
What I am hoping for is the Devils to make the ECF, fall off a cliff next year to have a top 10 pick which they elect to retain (giving the Sharks their 25 1st rounder), and continue to fall off said cliff giving the Sharks a top 3 pick.

I mean it could happen... we've experienced something similar.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
What I am hoping for is the Devils to make the ECF, fall off a cliff next year to have a top 10 pick which they elect to retain (giving the Sharks their 25 1st rounder), and continue to fall off said cliff giving the Sharks a top 3 pick.

I mean it could happen... we've experienced something similar.
Our core though at the time was 70 years old not 25

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I was being sarcastic. That's a lot of "ifs" that would have to go our way when asking for just one is a tall order.
You never know though! Losing Graves, Severson, Tatar, and Haula in free agency, a sub-par rookie season from Luke Hughes, some bad goaltending, a 20-game hold-out from Bratt, and a half-season long injury to Jack Hughes could be enough to do it. :naughty:

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
You never know though! Losing Graves, Severson, Tatar, and Haula in free agency, a sub-par rookie season from Luke Hughes, some bad goaltending, a 20-game hold-out from Bratt, and a half-season long injury to Jack Hughes could be enough to do it. :naughty:

The optimist in me sees the same (as degenerate as it is being optimistic about a serious injury :laugh:). The Sharks fan in me laughs at that side of me.

fasterthanlight

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 30, 2009
Seattle, WA
good for timo, seems a fair price, wish we got some random conditional pick due to this that would turn into Zach Ostapchuk like ottawa got when we re-signed ek

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandisfan

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino