Medvescak Zagreb 2013/2014 season talk Part II

bishonen91

Jun 22, 2012
Actually I kinda wrote it. but the joke got burned here.

Never understood guys who realize it's a joke and proceed to yell "wolf" :D

bobbeaver

Oct 7, 2013
they will probably stay butneither Katic nor Popovic will be eligable for the NT in next 3 years and change

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Actually I kinda wrote it. but the joke got burned here.

Never understood guys who realize it's a joke and proceed to yell "wolf" :D

For Finns, April Fools day is all a about finding April Fools attempts and busting them. I told you, we're the biggest trolls in the internet/world! :D :naughty:

Mikey09

Mar 28, 2013
Bratislava
Bjorkstrand, Katic, Dekanich, Thomas, Carle, Perkovich, Kostovic and Martinovic are rumoured to stay with Medvescak.

Andy Sertich is also rumoured to join Zig Zag

bobbeaver

Oct 7, 2013
Probabbly Sakic aswell. I wish Murley would stay. I dn whats going on with Cheechoo he gave an interview he is staying, but we will see.

bobbeaver

Oct 7, 2013
Well the scuttlebutt is that Thomas, Carle, Dekanich, Katic, Murray and Bjorkstrand have resigned. Its still unsure about Martinovic, Kostovic and Perkovich and rummer is they will sign Sertich. Most probably leaving is Waugh. Rest is unknown. But im sure as i said Sakic will stay because of his family issues atleast (sick dad and he wants to be close).
BTW those are great signings for Med in my opinion, they really did give alot to the team. I do hope Perkovich and Martinovic sign aswell.

Ivan94

Jun 1, 2013
Germany
Isn't he the one who tweeted medvescak owes him some money (bonus or something).....really surprising he wants to come back...

that was naglich. he tweeted this.

serich leaved, because he didn´t want big road trips, at which he doesn´t see his famlily.

Last edited:

maxim84

Oct 19, 2013
Zagreb
that was naglich. he tweeted this.

serich leaved, because he didn´t want big road trips, at which he doesn´t see his famlily.

nope :) here it is...just don't know why it says basketball but nevermind...
http://m.24sata.hr/#kosarka/andy-sertich-trazi-lovu-cak-i-preko-twittera-ne-mogu-sutiti-345622

I know Banham came after one Arena ice fever and they agreed without media fuss... I think he didn't have faith in club officials closing financial construction for the first season and left because of that...not family...

bobbeaver

Oct 7, 2013
they made a deal with all the players they owe supposedly to pay them in installments. i dn if they did but noone of them is complaining anymore, and Andy might even get back on board.

NJDevilsZG

I'll drive team bus
Nov 3, 2010
Zagreb, Croatia
Only reason Fox would ever consider bringing Sertich back to Zagreb is that we'll be hardpressed to dig 5 NT players from somewhere.
And I fully expect that problem to be elegantly solved before 2015/16 :D

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Any word on Erik Nyström? Just signed for my team Djurgården. What can we expect from him? Just looking at his stats isn't too impressive. Is he a player that can be used in a checkingline and be valuable even though he doesn't produce alot of goals and assists or is he a guy that should be in a top6 och 9 role?

bobbeaver

Oct 7, 2013
uhhh Nystrom is more like a fast paced player. he is fast and has very good stick handeling and he skates great (he did make some defenders look silly almost lol), he just doesnt shoot much or atleast shoot so well, unlike Bjorkstrand who gave some awsome goals, although he has i think less of skating ability or stick handeling, but is as fast. Nystrom is a talent for sure, he just needs to improve his shooting for sure. I also think he lacks a bit of the team play aspect. As an example he goes one on one with a defender, outskates him or gets out of a tough situation even with 2 defender but than doesnt do anything with it, doesnt pass to the right person who might be open nor does he shoot. He needs work, he has a prospect of being a top 2 liner, but is currently 3rd or 4th liner.

Last edited:

bobbeaver

Oct 7, 2013
Which players has stated that they will play for Croatia, thus far?

We can only guess, but Dex is for sure gona be one of them after the 24 month thing expires, Jessiman is all into it (really works hard on learning the language and wears our local football club hat n stuff like that) although he hasnt been resigned yet. Martinovic, IF he desides to play for crotian NT (he is eligable now but he might play for German NT if he passes their selection this year, if he doesnt he will play for Croatian NT). I could see Glumac be in the NT, despite haveing a serbian heritage, but he has a cro passport already from before (i dn his background if he is a serbian from croatia by ancestry or smtn) and if he gets resigned. As for the rest who knows. I would love to see Carle in our NT lol but that is only a wishfull thinking.

croAVSfan*

Only reason Fox would ever consider bringing Sertich back to Zagreb is that we'll be hardpressed to dig 5 NT players from somewhere.
And I fully expect that problem to be elegantly solved before 2015/16 :D

Of course it will be elegantly solved, so far #22 and #18 are in process of getting passports, and if #72 gets it it would be dream come true

bobbeaver

Oct 7, 2013
LOL Bruno where did u hear all that?:) man if those 3 played even for the NT it would be brutal lol.

Ivan94

Jun 1, 2013
Germany
We can only guess, but Dex is for sure gona be one of them after the 24 month thing expires, Jessiman is all into it (really works hard on learning the language and wears our local football club hat n stuff like that) although he hasnt been resigned yet. Martinovic, IF he desides to play for crotian NT (he is eligable now but he might play for German NT if he passes their selection this year, if he doesnt he will play for Croatian NT). I could see Glumac be in the NT, despite haveing a serbian heritage, but he has a cro passport already from before (i dn his background if he is a serbian from croatia by ancestry or smtn) and if he gets resigned. As for the rest who knows. I would love to see Carle in our NT lol but that is only a wishfull thinking.

Glumac is already in the NT. ;)
as Assistant Coach. :laugh::laugh:

http://stats.iihf.com/Hydra/386/IHM386000_32E_6_0_CRO.pdf

bishonen91

Jun 22, 2012
Why are so many of the players clubs listed as Medvescak Zagreb, when few of them saw the ice for the club this season?

There is a "farm" team version of the team that plays croatian national championship.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/team.php?team=4681

contrary to

http://www.eliteprospects.com/team.php?team=1150

It IS the same team, they just divide it on EP for clarification issues. Most of players from KHL team are sent down for playoffs and thats it. There are always big debates over this in Croatia.

Any other questions? The team is set however for tomorrow - Great Britain at noon.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/team.php?team=2929

If croatia had a goalie (Ouzas who isn't eligible - IIHF ruled him out) or Sinisa Martinovic (who turned in his passport and now its a nightmare to get it back), we could get a medal.

Next year we "get" Perkovich. Then first KHL additions are for 15/16 season...
Dekanich only

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad