Medvescak Zagreb 2013/2014 season talk Part II

mitch mdv zg

Sep 6, 2013
I am proud after seeing yesterday's match and I can't wait next games. Also, I am proud of everything our guys (team that leads this club) achieved in last 4-5 years.

We might be KHL's dark horse. :yo:

Salavat Yulaev

Jul 20, 2013
Almaty
I am proud after seeing yesterday's match and I can't wait next games. Also, I am proud of everything our guys (team that leads this club) achieved in last 4-5 years.

We might be KHL's dark horse. :yo:

We'll see but this year KHL is going to be more interesting for sure :yo:

ficohok*

I couldn't stop tears after Popovic scored 2nd goal...

I expect much harder game tomorrow against Dinamo Riga.

Question for LAT members, are Riga fans planing trip to Zg ?

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
I don't know if this has already been discussed in here, but when was it decided that those ads were going to be placed on the sweaters? As much as I love Vegeta, there ad takes up half the jersey and seemingly wrecks what looks like what would be a great sweater. Are there any plans to eventually clean that up? It would not look so bad if the ads were not solid white. I don't see why they cant just put white lettering over the blue?

SliceOfLife

Sep 6, 2013
I don't know if this has already been discussed in here, but when was it decided that those ads were going to be placed on the sweaters? As much as I love Vegeta, there ad takes up half the jersey and seemingly wrecks what looks like what would be a great sweater. Are there any plans to eventually clean that up? It would not look so bad if the ads were not solid white. I don't see why they cant just put white lettering over the blue?

After I have seen the new jersey in full size I nearly started crying. What a disgrace to my eyes! Podravka is one of the main sponsors and I don´t think that they will clean up anything. I hope that Podravka is paying enough money for this ad! I´m asking myself why they didn´t leave the darkblue background + white lettering? I wouldn´t have had any problem with this option! The jersey looks OK on ice, as you can barely see the bottom half, but I´m still not sure if I´m going to buy the new one although it looks better than previous seasons jersey!

Hockeyfan31*

Jerseys looked great until I saw the whole damn thing

Fragmuffin

Aug 20, 2013
Zagreb
it was projected to be white VEGETA letters on the dark blue jersey only... a photo of that jersey already leaked (sometime in mid july i think), now they just SHOCKED us with this disgusting add, not to mention that the PILOS add on the back is horrible, but the two combined make our jersey a strong candidate for the ugliest one in the league. the funny thing is that our PR was well aware of that, so much that they made presentations of the jersey for a whole week but only showing the upper part. now i just pray that the league itself puts a ban on this design so that it stops embarrassing them :P

ult

Sep 21, 2009
Before Medvescak's game I thought KHL had some kind of regulations for the advertisement sizes. Now, I'm not so sure... Need to check it out. But ugh, they're the size of a street billboard.

ult

Sep 21, 2009
So, there is nothing about jerseys advertisements in marketing regulations, but in sports regulations it says that it is forbidden to place ads above player names, so Medvescak went full in on bottom half... But they had to get KHL's ok for that. And looks like they did.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
So, there is nothing about jerseys advertisements in marketing regulations, but in sports regulations it says that it is forbidden to place ads above player names, so Medvescak went full in on bottom half... But they had to get KHL's ok for that. And looks like they did.

Thanks Ult, always very informative. I think KHL should refine the rule to state that the background of the ad must remain the same colour of the jersey.

Big Papi Hr

Jun 24, 2013
Zagreb
If they continue to leave their heart on ice, like in this game then I wouldn't mind if they would have the worst score in entire leauge.
Zig-zag see you tomorrow Dinamo Riga!!!

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010

I would like to ask if this is new regulations? I mean amendments like foreign rules, salary cap, tv (this Biznis Oline article) etc.

ult

Sep 21, 2009
I would like to ask if this is new regulations? I mean amendments like foreign rules, salary cap, tv (this Biznis Oline article) etc.

I'm not sure. I don't think it's the latest iteration, even though it says revised in the file name. Can't find some new stuff like cameras on ice during shootouts or interview dress-code there.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
I'm not sure. I don't think it's the latest iteration, even though it says revised in the file name. Can't find some new stuff like cameras on ice during shootouts or interview dress-code there.

It said during last season, after amendments, as well. Therefore I asked.

mitch mdv zg

Sep 6, 2013
Not really. You're getting way ahead of yourself. If they qualify for PO, that would be amazing.

Yeah, I might be exaggerating :D, but it's reasonable. After all, we trashed and smashed the CSKA Moscow.
4fvfcja.gif

ficohok*

Yeah, I might be exaggerating :D, but it's reasonable. After all, we trashed and smashed the CSKA Moscow.
4fvfcja.gif

Being happy because of great victory is perfectly reasonable and we should be happy and proud, but let's be with both feets on the ground in same time. The worst thing for me when it comes to Croatian sports fans in general is that after one win, no matter how big and important is, we are suddenly gold medalists/Gagarin winners/Champions league winners, and when first lost come then we should go back to EBEL or X coach should step away...

240Gordie

Sep 7, 2013
Could sliceoflife please let me know where to watch games on line? I watched your link and it was fantastic

Salavat Yulaev

Jul 20, 2013
Almaty
4fvfcja.gif

I am not going to downplay the first success of Medvescak but there was one factor that affected CSKA. Their plane landed in Voronezh soon after taking off. It took a night to fix problems. Everybody remembers what happened with Lokomotiv two years ago. Plus CSKA came to Zagreb 6 hours before the match and you can understand in what mood.
But anyway 7:1 is too much for such a team

Agramer

Aug 6, 2013
I am not going to downplay the first success of Medvescak but there was one factor that affected CSKA. Their plane landed in Voronezh soon after taking off. It took a night to fix problems. Everybody remembers what happened with Lokomotiv two years ago. Plus CSKA came to Zagreb 6 hours before the match and you can understand in what mood.
But anyway 7:1 is too much for such a team

that maybe affected to some extent CSKA players, but they themselves said after the game that they weren't tired and they had plenty of chances but didn't convert those chances to goals (plus Dekanich in our goal was excellent). Other thing CSKA players said that they didn't have a clue about Medvescak team before the game

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad