MedveÅ¡čak Zagreb 2015/2016

kulenova seka

Lol i doubt it

Maybe one...but he said in one interview it is possible more euro players will be on the team. I have no clue which russian could be in the mix. Maybe Kabanov, there are more than few players who got their (KHL) careers back on the track after spending season with us.:)

bishonen91

Jun 22, 2012
Medvescak mails season ticket holders and shares the following:

1. the rebuild of the processes is in process
2. The team will forgo the hiring of old canadiens and will go towards young europeans and russians with a mix of whatever
3. the team will return to Pula for a (one or more) non-championship game

4. rest is whatever.

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
Back in the EBEL they played a game kind of like the Winter Classic in the NHL outdoors in the amphitheatre in Pula. So that means they will probably have a outdoor game next season

Oh, that was Pula! I've seen pictures of it :D

bobbeaver

Oct 7, 2013
Back in the EBEL they played a game kind of like the Winter Classic in the NHL outdoors in the amphitheatre in Pula. So that means they will probably have a outdoor game next season

Winter classic in early fall ;)

bishonen91

Jun 22, 2012
Haha, i believe it'll be in the olympic break in Pula, no point in doing it in august there, 25+ degrees out. I was working the first games and it was a ****fest

loppa*

As i understand the management hope they could Bring All-Star game to Pula. It would be really something if they pull it off...

Isn't the arena too small for that? I mean, the KHL usually picks big arenas for the all star game. The first one was not so, but since then the event has been held in big arenas. https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Матч_...B8.D1.8F_.D0.BC.D0.B0.D1.82.D1.87.D0.B5.D0.B9

The Pula thing has what, 4,000 capacity? Not good compared to the over 10,000 capacity as the link above shows. It also looks like the event takes place in Russia one year, then in a non-Russian rink the next. I would predict that the next event will be in Helsinki or Astana... I dunno though.

kulenova seka

This "we have the smallest budget in the world of hockey" thing is really getting on my nerves.

When they "hit" with same small budget in their first season then they selling smart in public how "we can build good team even without having tons of millions euros at disposal". Now when they "missed" in building roster now suddenly whole failure is on small budget. Sure...

They should have been honest and say; "yes, we screwd, we apologize to you who are spending your money on tickets, plastic hot-dogs and watery beers and we will do our best so you won't ever again watch scrums like Hutchinson in our uniform".

loppa*

This "we have the smallest budget in the world of hockey" thing is really getting on my nerves.

When they "hit" with same small budget in their first season then they selling smart in public how "we can build good team even without having tons of millions euros at disposal". Now when they "missed" in building roster now suddenly whole failure is on small budget. Sure...

They should have been honest and say; "yes, we screwd, we apologize to you who are spending your money on tickets, plastic hot-dogs and watery beers and we will do our best so you won't ever again watch scrums like Hutchinson in our uniform".

Why do you hate Medvescak? {Mod}... Are you just angry because reports counter your so called source which told you that the team will not play? You seem to really dislike the team. I mean, come on man, live and let live as the saying goes. I know it's hard, but try! Just try.

Last edited by a moderator:

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
Appearently Västerås's GM said in an interview that Medvescak was in the race of signing the NCAA player Matt Leitner but they had to cancel the negotiations because "they were dropping out of the KHL".

Could it be because they were unsure about the budget? As far as I know, Leitner did not cost that much because it will be his first season in Europe and a Swedish second tier team managed to sign him..

kulenova seka

Appearently Västerås's GM said in an interview that Medvescak was in the race of signing the NCAA player Matt Leitner but they had to cancel the negotiations because "they were dropping out of the KHL".

Could it be because they were unsure about the budget? As far as I know, Leitner did not cost that much because it will be his first season in Europe and a Swedish second tier team managed to sign him..

Maybe Leitner was unsure about Medvescak chances of playing KHL and he didn't want to finish in EBEL with them. It is more likely to me.

penepi

Jul 6, 2013
Bratislava
Why do you hate Medvescak? {Mod}... Are you just angry because reports counter your so called source which told you that the team will not play? You seem to really dislike the team. I mean, come on man, live and let live as the saying goes. I know it's hard, but try! Just try.

It is really funny to read something like this from someone who used to be hating Medveščak... :laugh:

loppa*

It is really funny to read something like this from someone who used to be hating Medveščak... :laugh:

Just because I said they are not in this league permanently does not mean I hate them. It is reality, they joined on a three year contract. Now yes, some people interpreted that as hate, and when I opened up the KHL contraction topic I got a load of hate. Then they realized that what I predicted came to reality - that news outlets all over were talking about the team exiting the KHL.

The odd thing is that I look at things realistically. And it's really odd now, that it's me who is defending the team against the wild emotions of people whose opinions of the team seem to change over night. Isn't that odd?

bobbeaver

Oct 7, 2013
Kulen does have issues with Medvescak and didnt even read the interviews with Fox and Gojanovic obviously to talk such smack. If you didnt read they said the year was a **** up as they messed up with the coach, and also the team didnt have chemistry and they didnt get from certain players what they thought they would get. Bascally they said because of the budget restraints they have to gamble each year on the players of certain potential caliber (bad year before, injured, character flaws or temperament or what ever), and that is a hit or a miss. And if you count in the big changes in the roster... plus how French left and how late.

I would say that is reasonable what he said, no? Both admitting to mistakes and saying, what i consider, objective negative circumstances.

But on other hand the PR does tend to spin things a bit too "slick n sleazy" and it kinda gives the people impression "who are they kidding kinda with this ****" kinda deal. So its understandable.

Plus there is always the famous Balkan attitude if ur not the best you are the worst kinda deal.

maxim84

Oct 19, 2013
Zagreb
Hope MedveÅ¡čak gets some more credit and respect for scouting, hahaha just saw on the mainboard Philly signed Palushaj...

Arlus

Apr 3, 2014
Europe
I've seen a news that next season MedveÅ¡čak Zagreb will have 10 Russian players in the roster! No names known yet...:doh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad