Media Predictions for Sens/Habs Series

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
Most people seem to forget how big of a role Andy played in that series. He stole Game 1 and 5(I know it was 6-1 but he made huge stops in the first period or we would likely fall behind quickly). Hammond has to be on par with Price, no soft goals and must make some key saves. I hope he can continue with his streak into the series.

Yup, Andy was a rock in that one. People focus on Price playing poorly, which he did, but I think Andy locking the door is what really swung the series in our favor.

Cath

Dec 8, 2005
Bringing this over from the playoff series thread:

TVA's Destination Stanley Cup (Montreal based TV channel) were unanimous in saying Montreal in 6.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Bringing this over from the playoff series thread:

TVA's Destination Stanley Cup (Montreal based TV channel) were unanimous in saying Montreal in 6.

That is all that needs to be said on this prediction.

So this prediction can automatically be flushed down the toilet.

I mean of course a Montreal based TV channel is going to choose the Montreal Canadiens to win.

SlyDawg

Feb 12, 2015
Nepean, ON
I am gonna go with Sens in six but I could see this series go all the way.

But I will be surprised if the Habs get out of this series. We match up very well against them.

We will become the Chicago to their St Louis.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Honestly if we could win our first game 7 against the Habs in Montreal that would be just amazing, especially if it was in OT

Benttheknee

Jun 18, 2005
Ottawa
When you have the hottest team coming into the playoffs along with the hottest goalie and the hottest line, you have to think your chances are good, even against Montreal, so Ottawa in 6 BUT...

I wonder if the team has spent itself already. That is the only thing I think could doom them and frankly only the team knows that.

Montreal in 5 if so.

This fence I'm sitting on is uncomfortable :)

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
The guys on the "Puck Podcast", which is a good hockey show for anyone that listens to podcasts, were split on the series. One said Habs in 7 but wasn't entirely convinced, and the other said Sens in 6 I think, saying he can't see how the Habs will be able to stop the run given how we have no trouble scoring on Price and have incredible momentum. They, like many others covering the playoffs, are enamored with our run and are cheering us on wholeheartedly.

So that's something....

Cath

Dec 8, 2005
TSN panel consensus on the playoffs preview show is for Montreal to win the series. They actually had reasonable arguments for it though and they actually gave Ottawa the due respect the team deserves. They identified the same intangibles on which the series rests as I did. Bob McKenzie seemed less sure of the series' outcome and said not to underestimate the level of confidence the Sens are going into this series with.

BigBush*

TSN panel consensus on the playoffs preview show is for Montreal to win the series. They actually had reasonable arguments for it though and they actually gave Ottawa the due respect the team deserves. They identified the same intangibles on which the series rests as I did. Bob McKenzie seemed less sure of the series' outcome and said not to underestimate the level of confidence the Sens are going into this series with.

McKenzie is far more knowledgeable then any of those guys. Ferraro sounded on the fence, said itll depend on Ryan stepping up.

but the logic was so weird. they were sayins stuff like Ottawa has had such an emotional few months that they havent saved anything for the playoffs. hmmm thats such a weird reason to predict a series on

mus1cx

Oct 6, 2014
Toronto
for one year they had a good pp then it started to suck. Teams adjusted to the pk one timer.

It seems a lot of people still think the Canadiens still have a great pp

I actually have liked the pp since they moved MacArthur to RW where Legwand usually is. He's more of a shooter then legs

Actually that isn't really true. The habs PP has always been relatively strong. We lost Gerard Gallant (our PP coach to Florida) this year and Therrien has no idea what to do with it. So that basically explains our abysmal PP :P

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Actually that isn't really true. The habs PP has always been relatively strong. We lost Gerard Gallant (our PP coach to Florida) this year and Therrien has no idea what to do with it. So that basically explains our abysmal PP :P

Well if you look at i think the last 4 year ottawa has had a better pp every year aside from one outlier where Montreal was top 5 in the league.

Sens fans generally have been critical of the Sens pp during this time. Some have said "why cant we have a pp like montreal" when montreal has had a worse pp then ottawa.

This year both pps suck

For the TSN panel i was disappointed they didnt bring up how poorly price has played overall in the last ten times hes faced ottawa

Combining the ten games hes played since the last sens/habs playoff series his save percentage is below .900 and he hasnt put up a 900 save percentage against the sens in a season since that playoff series.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
For the TSN panel i was disappointed they didnt bring up how poorly price has played overall in the last ten times hes faced ottawa

Combining the ten games hes played since the last sens/habs playoff series his save percentage is below .900

It's pretty remarkable.

Everyone knows when we played vs Thomas or Reimer or Rask (or Belfour). Those games were always tough as hell because the goalie would stand on his head.

While Price is having a great season... this team has rarely had trouble scoring on him when they play well.

Maybe Price shuts the door... but against our team? It remains to be seen. History says he can't.

mus1cx

Oct 6, 2014
Toronto
It's pretty remarkable.

Everyone knows when we played vs Thomas or Reimer or Rask (or Belfour). Those games were always tough as hell because the goalie would stand on his head.

While Price is having a great season... this team has rarely had trouble scoring on him when they play well.

Maybe Price shuts the door... but against our team? It remains to be seen. History says he can't.

Definitely think we'll just have to let Price and Hammond battle this out on the ice haha (hopefully no injuries to either guy).

Hard to predict just based on history though - the playoffs are a different beast than regular season. 2013 - he was definitely underwhelming and Anderson stole the show, but he was only 25 then and has since learned to control the mental aspects much better.

We'll just have to see, should be a really interesting series against you guys though!

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Price is very good but I honestly don't think he will be better than Hammond by enough of a margin to make a true difference here.

This series will be won on the strength of Ottawa's ability to comfortably roll 4 scoring lines.

Cath

Dec 8, 2005
McKenzie is far more knowledgeable then any of those guys. Ferraro sounded on the fence, said itll depend on Ryan stepping up.

but the logic was so weird. they were sayins stuff like Ottawa has had such an emotional few months that they havent saved anything for the playoffs. hmmm thats such a weird reason to predict a series on

Actually I don't think it is and it would be the only explanation why, IMO, the Sens wouldn't be able to take this series. Well, that, and undisclosed injuries becoming a factor into the series.

The Sens have been in that playoff like 'do or die' mentality for over 2 months now. The guys have admitted that the last few weeks had become stressful with all the hype and the expectations growing on them. Could they still mentally deal with the pressure and if so, could they do it for another 2 months? Those are legitimate questions and that's why some experts bring up the possibility of a 'burn out'.

Any competitive sport is 70% mental and 30% physical.

I, personally, though, don't see the Sens 'burning out'.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Price is very good but I honestly don't think he will be better than Hammond by enough of a margin to make a true difference here.

This series will be won on the strength of Ottawa's ability to comfortably roll 4 scoring lines.

I predict all the games to be tight, one goal affairs. If Price is even one more save better than Hammond, that's the series.

However, we still have Anderson of Hammond does falter. Not a bad ace in the hole to have considering his record against Montreal.

I do believe though that Hammond will be great in this series. Nothing about his play tells me otherwise.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
I predict all the games to be tight, one goal affairs. If Price is even one more save better than Hammond, that's the series.

However, we still have Anderson of Hammond does falter. Not a bad ace in the hole to have considering his record against Montreal.

I do believe though that Hammond will be great in this series. Nothing about his play tells me otherwise.

I really don't know what to expect this series, I think both teams have the potential to win it.

The Senators have been the vastly superior team for the last quarter of the season, but can they keep it up in the playoffs? So many key contributors are young and or rookies with little to no NHL playoff experience, its really hard to know how they're going to preform. If they keep playing the way they have, it will be exciting. However a stinker of a period in a playoff game can be a killer, and we all know how this team has a tendency of having a terrible period most games.

Regardless, just making it is a huge accomplishment, and dancing the big dance is invaluable experience. Plus Habs killer Pageau is going to be there, if I had to pick any one guy to break out all of a sudden it would be him.

The Habs for all their warts have a lot of experience, a couple dynamic game breakers and the best goalie in the world right now. That's a dangerous team, but their weaknesses if exploited could send them spiraling out of control.

Im pumped for this one. Going to be a hell of a ride!

alfie follower

Oct 16, 2013
ottawa

I think this is a major part... I like our 4 lines combined over theirs... especially if Pacioretty isn't 100% .... I am worried that Price might finally stand on his head though... If I had to pick a team for us to play against in round 1 it would be Montreal though.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
The key to this series will be Ottawa taking at least one game on the road. Interestingly enough, Ottawa had the fewest goals against in the league on the road this year. We also have the #6 road penalty kill and #13 PP on the road (#6 of all teams to qualify for the playoffs).

Montreal, meanwhile, were bottom 5 in goals for on the road, #3 overall in goals against, had the worst road PP% in the NHL at 10.7 and had one of the lowest number of SOG.

They are a good home team but it looks like we are a surprisingly above average road team.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
The habs are not as soft as last time they met in the playoffs and the sens are a lot softer then last time. I have no idea why anyone would be shocked if second place 110 point habs won the series, and I can't see why a lot of people would not pick them.
I still worry about the third string goalie falling apart every game, so far he has been crazy good tho. But if this comes down to a goalie battle Price is an animal now, I doubt the sens get a free ride like last time,
I am pulling for the underdog but I don't see what part of the game where the advantage is to the sens unless the hot streak Ryan shows up

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
The habs are not as soft as last time they met in the playoffs and the sens are a lot softer then last time. I have no idea why anyone would be shocked if second place 110 point habs won the series, and I can't see why a lot of people would not pick them.
I still worry about the third string goalie falling apart every game, so far he has been crazy good tho. But if this comes down to a goalie battle Price is an animal now, I doubt the sens get a free ride like last time,
I am pulling for the underdog but I don't see what part of the game where the advantage is to the sens unless the hot streak Ryan shows up

Ottawa has a better group of forwards outside of the first line the 3rd and 4th line could give the Habs fits.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa

Probably because Price's numbers against his own division aren't nearly as good as his overall numbers.

23 GP 14-7-2 2.14 GAA 0.924 sv%

Even worse against Ottawa

2 GP 1-1-0 3.02 GAA 0.887 sv%

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad