Media Predictions for Sens/Habs Series

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
**** predictions.

I don't give two ***** what any of them say. They are all crap if you ask me.

Hockey is played on the ice.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I'm actually pretty surprised how many outlets like the Habs here. No disrespek, but Ottawa has a slight edge going in given the hot streak. I don't feel like an underdog. It'll probably be pretty even.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Patches. In the season series Patches has more goals then the rest of the canadiens combined or something lol

If he misses the first couple games, the Habs are in trouble. If he doesn't he should be a target. Not endorsing anything dirty but a guy coming off a concussion can be knocked out by any little bump. No one can pass up a hit on him.

The Habs become a one line team if he's out. You can't win against this team with one line.

Iamok

Oct 20, 2010
I'm actually pretty surprised how many outlets like the Habs here. No disrespek, but Ottawa has a slight edge going in given the hot streak. I don't feel like an underdog. It'll probably be pretty even.

The media usually defaults to the standings when talking about teams they don't really know. However, I still think it's fair to give the Habs a slight edge.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
It's not surprising - they've been ******* Price all year long... and rightfully so.

But this is the playoffs. This isn't the regular season.

Last edited by a moderator:

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
Habs have a better PP which could be the difference. I can't understand why Sens haven't tried adding more motion to our PP ...or overloading 2 F in front of the crease...instead of the usual PP tactic which looks a lot like 5 fence posts in a cow pasture.

HispanicAtTheDisco

Oct 17, 2014
Ottawa, Ont.
Habs have a better PP which could be the difference. I can't understand why Sens haven't tried adding more motion to our PP ...or overloading 2 F in front of the crease...instead of the usual PP tactic which looks a lot like 5 fence posts in a cow pasture.

Sens powerplay: 47 goals on 280 attempts. 16.8%
Habs powerplay: 40 goals on 243 attempts. 16.5%

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa

Good observation.

My worry is that the Habs will get more PPs and Markov and Subban will heat up in the POs as they usually do. We have to limit their chances on the man advantage, obviously.

Montreal's PP vastly underperformed this season, their talent doesn't reflect their results after 82 imo. Now is the right time to get hot, kinda like the Bruins a few seasons ago.

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013

Hmmm stats don't lie. Still, I'm afraid our PP has been terribly predictable lately (all runs thru Karlsson), and they haven't been able to consistently enter the opposing zone with control of the puck, let alone generate many decent shots. They resemble 5 posts in a field too much. Move 2 posts in front of the Price's crease IMO (incl 1 Neil post)

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Who cares.

I know we will win and it is going to be fun as hell.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Hmmm stats don't lie. Still, I'm afraid our PP has been terribly predictable lately (all runs thru Karlsson), and they haven't been able to consistently enter the opposing zone with control of the puck, let alone generate many decent shots. They resemble 5 posts in a field too much. Move 2 posts in front of the Price's crease IMO (incl 1 Neil post)

for one year they had a good pp then it started to suck. Teams adjusted to the pk one timer.

It seems a lot of people still think the Canadiens still have a great pp

I actually have liked the pp since they moved MacArthur to RW where Legwand usually is. He's more of a shooter then legs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad