Confirmed with Link: Media makes a mountain of a molehill re: Chris Phillips quote

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
This topic is to discuss Chris Phillips, particularly on the recent interview he had.

Please stay on topic and avoid attacking the OP. The thread title has been changed.

Thank you

Buck Aki Berg

Done with this place
Sep 17, 2008
Ottawa, ON
I thought we as a fanbase hit rock bottom when the "Sens were laughing in the dressing room" thread came up after they lost game 7 to the Rangers in 2012.

We actually found a way to make ourselves look even stupider than that.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
You see that's exactly those kind of threads I have a problem with. There is so much paranoia around here, it's incredible... Am I the only one to see that sometimes it sounds like a bunch of teenagers speaking of One Direction?

Unless I have missed it, can somebody tells me what is wrong exactly with what was said? I mean, hockey players are human beings and have emotions? What a freaking novelty

EDIT : By the way, why don't people take a bit of advance and start bashing Karlsson, Ryan, Hoffman, Stone, Lazar well everyone because they will decline one day too.

Jesus ****ing christ.... THAT'S the quote?!?!?!?

How on god's ****ing green earth could you EVER IN A MILLION YEARS EVEN INFER FROM THAT QUOTE THAT PHILLIPS IS CHEERING FOR THE TEAM TO LOSE?!?!?

The guy even goes out of his way and says "Obviously I'm not hoping for that/a loss". HE SAYS THOSE EXACT ****ING WORDS. THE LITERAL OPPOSITE OF WHAT YOU ARE CLAIMING.

Get out of here with this Witch Hunt BS. Seriously. If you were a reporter and put this "Phillips cheers for Sens to lose" garbage in print, you'd be liable for libel.

lol this.

Imagine this place without posters like Bonk :laugh:

I can't even imagine the nonsense that would ensue.

Last edited:

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
You see that's exactly those kind of threads I have a problem with. There is so much paranoia around here, it's incredible... Am I the only one to see that sometimes it sounds like a bunch of teenagers speaking of One Direction?

Unless I have missed it, can somebody tells me what is wrong exactly with what was said? I mean, hockey players are human beings and have emotions? What a freaking novelty

There is absolutely nothing wrong with what Phillips said.

I believe what happened is the original thread title referred to Phillips cheering for the team to lose, and made it "confirmed with link." The OP accepted that the thread title needed to be changed and it was, so that part is ancient history. However, by that point people were already up in arms and arguing. Since then, even with the new thread title, it has sort of been like one of the panels from the old politically-incorrect Andy Capp cartoon where he is mixing it up with his wife.

I wish they had a vote tab in every thread that just said "Cluster****? Y/N", where threads where deleted once they reached a certain score.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
There is absolutely nothing wrong with what Phillips said.
:thumbu:
I believe what happened is the original thread title referred to Phillips cheering for the team to lose, and made it "confirmed with link." The OP accepted that the thread title needed to be changed and it was, so that part is ancient history. However, by that point people were already up in arms and arguing. Since then, even with the new thread title, it has sort of been like one of the panels from the old politically-incorrect Andy Capp cartoon where he is mixing it up with his wife.

I wish they had a vote tab in every thread that just said "Cluster****? Y/N", where threads where deleted once they reached a certain score.

Another storm in a glass of water...

When. will. people. learn?

What does it take for them to realize that you need to think a little bit before making bald judgements?

Anyway... sigh. I agree, there should be some form :thumbu: or down for every post or thread, like on TSN IIRC

EDIT : You know what I have been thinking lately? That some posters are so frightening scared of what their classmates or co-workers might "think" of their Senators that they are in some kind of paranoia hole... This is psycho-hypothetic but I wouldn't be surprised if I was right.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I thought we as a fanbase hit rock bottom when the "Sens were laughing in the dressing room" thread came up after they lost game 7 to the Rangers in 2012.

We actually found a way to make ourselves look even stupider than that.

You see, this relates back to the other thread about why many posters are staying away from the board. You get threads like these that are very troll-like and only a few overeager posters actually agreeing with it, and it turns off the veteran members of this board which therefore allows this **** to continue.

This thread should have been deleted as soon as it came up, simple as that.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Easy fellas. There was what, maybe 2-3 people who said anything negative about Phillips in this thread. Most people are being pretty level-headed in this one and saying it was a nothing kind of quote. No need for the self-righteous look at our awful fanbase routine from the pulpit.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Easy fellas. There was what, maybe 2-3 people who said anything negative about Phillips in this thread. Most people are being pretty level-headed in this one and saying it was a nothing kind of quote. No need for the self-righteous look at our awful fanbase routine from the pulpit.

That's the EXACT time for it, and this is the exact thread for the Phillips lash back.

Which of course makes it the perfect time for the can't-we-all-get-along routine from the campfire.

;)

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario

EDIT : By the way, why don't people take a bit of advance and start bashing Karlsson, Ryan, Hoffman, Stone, Lazar well everyone because they will decline one day too.

lol this.

No hard to imagine, just read all the post Bonk was addressing with his post.

Karlsson2Turris*

lol this.

You guys act like Bonk is like some kind of saint :laugh:

Othello*

Phillips emotions are irrelevant, he sucks and shouldn't be playing

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I'll win you over yet...

He said FORMER mod... FORMER!

Yeah, it's weird. I'm just sitting here in a sarong and an old American Apparel tee that has caulking all over it.

If I were actually a Saint, I'd Be St.Bonkious, Patron Saint of Procrastination & Indifference.

That RWBG guy though, he was a diamond in the rough.

500px-Aladdin1982.jpg

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria

Dude, were you just born? He IS a saint. Jesus, open a book once in a while.... Saint Bonkololomous of unkempt mullets everywhere.

Phillips emotions are irrelevant, he sucks and shouldn't be playing

UnFinishedSpezza's emotions are irrelevant, his opinions suck and he shouldn't be posting...

Geez that was easy, and made me feel surprisingly good. NOW I understand why you do it! Carry on by all means :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad