Confirmed with Link: Media makes a mountain of a molehill re: Chris Phillips quote

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karlsson2Turris*

he didn't get the benefit of seeing the quote, just heard the TSN analysts discussing it and assumed the worst and made a thread.

but since he's now seen the quote and is standing ground, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Maybe we should change the thread title. TSN sort of made a big deal out of it I guess. I couldn't see the quote cuz I had it on in the background while doing a summative :p

I still think it's not the best thing to think of when you are a healthy scratch. Obviously, he's not actively cheering for them to lose.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
tsn didn't make a big deal out of it, ward used himself as an example that it was how he felt when he used to play

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
It's not even that. It's just a regular thing to say.

"Competitive athlete hates seeing his team lose, and hates sitting out games. More at 11".

Thats how I see it too. I don't understand how anyone could read anything else into it unless they're trying to support a belief they already have.

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
I think the thread title needs to be changed. Opinion is one thing, but putting something that is patently false in a thread title and attributing it to an athlete needs to be out of bounds.

And then using the "confirmed with link"... pretty leading/misleading.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Either way its a monumentally stupid thing to say.

Right, cause some assclown like Brennan is going to spin it into something negative.... Oh what, we've already done that here.

Christ, the guy gives honest insight into hockey culture, his feelings and the conflicts of being both a leader and a person that want to play, and people are ready to lynch him here.

He's human, it was pretty much a given that this is how he feels. I less surprised by what he said than I am about how posters around here are jumping all over it, and believe me, that's not surprising either, I've pretty much lost faith in rational thought around here.

You guys want quotes like "well, I just got to work hard in practice and get I'll back out there" fine, I much rather an honest depiction of what he's going through, and we won't get that with Brennan like trolls trying to spin it into some sort of narrative that he want's the team to lose or that he's somehow a terrible leader because of this.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
I've only been here a year and I'm already starting to despise the way people take things out of context and twist stuff to their narrative on here.

Yeesh.

Karlsson2Turris*

I've only been here a year and I'm already starting to despise the way people take things out of context and twist stuff to their narrative on here.

Yeesh.

Feel free to leave. If you despise it so much, why do you post on here?

As for changing the thread title, yes I think the title I chose is very misleading. Sorry about that.

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
brutal thread.

gtfo with this ****. We have enough stuff to talk about without nonsense like this.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa

Yeesh.

There are plenty of posters here who don't, you'll figure out who they are over time. The ones who do make it all rather obvious.

HispanicAtTheDisco

Oct 17, 2014
Ottawa, Ont.
Honestly I don't see this as anything at all, it's a pretty common attitude. I remembet reading or hearing about Don Cherry saying the same thing, his team was getting smoked and he was loving every minute of it.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
I don't even know what he said, and I can almost 100% guarantee that this is either being taken out of context, or someone is seriously stretching words here.

He said he knows it's bad but when he's scratch he almost hopes we loose so he has a chance to get back in the line up.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Threads like this and posters who make threads like this is why it is frustrating on these boards sometimes

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
My issue isn't that he was thinking it. It's that he said it. And because if how he's perceived by the writers it's like some grand honest speech. If like alexandre semin said this it would be a totally dofferent story

Harbinger

sing for absolution
Mar 8, 2008
Edmonton
I'm not surprised that some of you are taking this way out of context and blowing it out of proportion. Jesus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad