Confirmed with Link: Media makes a mountain of a molehill re: Chris Phillips quote

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
Come on. Do we seriously need to take this and run with it like a bunch of children?

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I don't even know what he said, and I can almost 100% guarantee that this is either being taken out of context, or someone is seriously stretching words here.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
I really want a quote. If he did say that get this clown off the team or at least strip him of the A and keep him away from the team. At bare minimum he should support his teammate and be a positive force off the ice if he cant be one on.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
“To be brutally honest, it’s a really hard position, obviously you want to see the team win and we want to push to get in the playoffs,” Phillips says. “The reality is, if we don’t win, there’s probably a better chance to get in the lineup the next game.

“Obviously I’m not hoping for that (a loss) but in the back of your mind you think, oh well, maybe I might be in next game if that’s how it turns out. It’s a weird feeling.”

There’s more. As a leader on team, advising young players to be patient, he can’t exactly leap for joy when his name is called at their expense.

“If it’s me in the lineup, then it’s one of the other guys that are out,” Phillips says. “And that’s not where they want to be.”

Karlsson2Turris*

What? Haha, no.

You have to be POLITE to all posters. Respect is earned.

How come I was being crucified in the GDT for not "respecting" an HF Partner? Anyways, let's not derail the thread.

I don't see why it's in the back of his mind that "Oh, if they lose, I'm in!"

He should want the team to win by dressing the best possible lineup. If that means scratching him, so be it.

Good thing we didn't give him the captaincy

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
How come I was being crucified in the GDT for not "respecting" an HF Partner? Anyways, let's not derail the thread.

I don't see why it's in the back of his mind that "Oh, if they lose, I'm in!"

He should want the team to win by dressing the best possible lineup. If that means scratching him, so be it.

Good thing we didn't give him the captaincy

Of course he wants to play, why wouldn't he? Everybody in the league wants to play. He said he's not actively hoping for the team to lose, but that its in the back of his mind.

I think every player that gets scratched feels the same way.

You're blowing this way out of proportion.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
“To be brutally honest, it’s a really hard position, obviously you want to see the team win and we want to push to get in the playoffs,” Phillips says. “The reality is, if we don’t win, there’s probably a better chance to get in the lineup the next game.

“Obviously I’m not hoping for that (a loss) but in the back of your mind you think, oh well, maybe I might be in next game if that’s how it turns out. It’s a weird feeling.”

There’s more. As a leader on team, advising young players to be patient, he can’t exactly leap for joy when his name is called at their expense.

“If it’s me in the lineup, then it’s one of the other guys that are out,” Phillips says. “And that’s not where they want to be.”

Jesus ****ing christ.... THAT'S the quote?!?!?!?

How on god's ****ing green earth could you EVER IN A MILLION YEARS EVEN INFER FROM THAT QUOTE THAT PHILLIPS IS CHEERING FOR THE TEAM TO LOSE?!?!?

The guy even goes out of his way and says "Obviously I'm not hoping for that/a loss". HE SAYS THOSE EXACT ****ING WORDS. THE LITERAL OPPOSITE OF WHAT YOU ARE CLAIMING.

Get out of here with this Witch Hunt BS. Seriously. If you were a reporter and put this "Phillips cheers for Sens to lose" garbage in print, you'd be liable for libel.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa

How on god's ****ing green earth could you EVER IN A MILLION YEARS EVEN INFER FROM THAT QUOTE THAT PHILLIPS IS CHEERING FOR THE TEAM TO LOSE?!?!?

The guy even goes out of his way and says "Obviously I'm not hoping for a loss". HE SAYS THOSE EXACT ****ING WORDS.

Get out of here with this witch hunt BS.

Couldn't have said it better.

Karlsson2Turris*

The guy even goes out of his way and says "Obviously I'm not hoping for a loss". HE SAYS THOSE EXACT ****ING WORDS.

Get out of here with this Witch Hunt BS. Seriously. If you were a reporter and put this "Phillips cheers for Sens to lose" garbage in print, you'd be liable for libel.

You can interpret it as you will. No need to curse.

General Zodd

May 6, 2013
Toronto
Fail to see how this is implying that CP wants the team to lose??? Why turn this into something it's not???

This thread should be closed! :shakehead

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
You can interpret the sky being green and that clouds are made up of hotdogs, it doesn't make it true.
he didn't get the benefit of seeing the quote, just heard the TSN analysts discussing it and assumed the worst and made a thread.

but since he's now seen the quote and is standing ground, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad