WJC: medal predictions and tournament best players

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
If Michkov outscores McDavid at the same age and Bedard at the tournament, I'll be satisfied. If Michkov wins the scoring title, I'll be glad. If Team Russia wins the gold, I'll be happy.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
If Michkov outscores McDavid at the same age and Bedard at the tournament, I'll be satisfied. If Michkov wins the scoring title, I'll be glad. If Team Russia wins the gold, I'll be happy.
I mean McDavid only had 3 points as a 16 year old. It isn't that big of a bar to climb. Or do you mean out score McDavid's 17 year old tournament?

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
I mean McDavid only had 3 points as a 16 year old. It isn't that big of a bar to climb. Or do you mean out score McDavid's 17 year old tournament?

Since Michkov is 17 years old, I guess he has to be referring to McDavid's 2015 Gold medal winning team stats. tied for tournament scoring lead with 11 pts. 3 goals 8 apples.

I'd be officially impressed if Michkov can hit those numbers. He's in a tough group. no easy games there, maybe one game to pad some stats. We'll see how it all unfolds.

Merry Christmas!

Last edited:

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia

Well, Michkov is exactly one month older, than McDavid was at his first WJC, and as far as I remember McDavid scored 4 points (1+3). But yeah, the bar isn't that high. Still, you can't blame Michkov, that he plays bigger role on his team than McDavid did, but if Matvei outscores 17 year old McDavid it will be even better.

Reactions: hn777
Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
I think Edvinsson might surprise a lot of people. He could challenge for top D. In some ways, he's a very similar player to Owen Power. Huge guys, fantastic skaters, a lot of puck skill and passing ability, not necessarily the most natural of shooters.

EichelFan15

May 7, 2021
Well, Michkov is exactly one month older, than McDavid was at his first WJC, and as far as I remember McDavid scored 4 points (1+3). But yeah, the bar isn't that high. Still, you can't blame Michkov, that he plays bigger role on his team than McDavid did, but if Matvei outscores 17 year old McDavid it will be even better.
I hope bedard moves up to the top 6 by the first couple games so we can have a fair competition between the two!

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
Group A:
1.Canada
2.Finland
3.Czechia
4.Germany
5.Austria

Group B:
1.Russia
2.USA
3.Slovakia
4.Sweden
5.Switzerland

Quarterfinals:
Canada - Sweden
Russia - Germany
Finland - Slovakia
USA - Czechia

Semifinals:
Canada - Russia
Finland
- USA

Bronze medal game:
Canada - USA

Gold medal game:
Russia - Finland

MVP: Topi Niemelä
Best Forward: Matvei Michkov
Best Defenseman: Topi Niemelä
Best Goaltender: Yaroslav Askarov

All-Star team:
Perfetti - Beniers - Mitchkov
Power - Niemelä
Askarov

:xbg::xcheers::x)::newyear:

IceHockeyDude

May 15, 2011
Suomi
I really hope Finland can grind itself the bronze, which is the second best medal on the tournament. It is good to show up on medal-table regulary eventhough I would not exchange the last 3 golds to 10 silver/bronze medals.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Group A:
1.Canada
2.Finland
3.Germany
4.Czechia
5.Austria

Group B:
1.Slovakia
2: Russia
3: .USA
4: Switzerland
5: Sweden

imo
No way, it is still to be determined how we will finish. We have played good so far but Sweden and USA are still above us as they both beat us. Russia, that will be decided today. At most i would have us third in the group and even than, I don’t want to jinx anything :DD. Also Sweden has easily been better than Russia and Swiss.

Group B for me:
1. Sweden
2. USA
3. Russia or Slovakia
4. Russia or Slovakia
5. Switzerland

westc2

Nov 2, 2015
St. Louis, MO
Not sure why people are worried about stats when there's a team like Austria in the tournament who's basically just inflating the stats of everyone in group A.

Reactions: ViD

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Not sure why people are worried about stats when there's a team like Austria in the tournament who's basically just inflating the stats of everyone in group A.
Yeah, people need to chill out about Bedard 4 goal game, let him do that against Germany at least

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
So, no medal rd. to determine winners. that sucks.

The 4 best teams in no specific order were:

Canada, Sweden, USA and Finland.

tournament MVP Connor Bedard
Best Defensemen Owen Power.

and that's a wrap on the '22 WJHC. See you next year, folks!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad