Confirmed with Link: Mears and Errey fired

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022
I love Lange, and Mears seems like a very nice guy, he's just a bland and unremarkable PBP guy. What's your fascination with him?
& if he tried to be more like Lange people would rip him for trying to be Lange, I don't hate or love him

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Right, to each his own, but sounds like FSG much like me, doesn't care for him. He won't be missed so...
I hope Army and Rupp can bring something worthwhile to the broadcast, but I doubt they'll match Errey. Rupp seems okay, but Army just doesn't impress me at all. I don't see anything that he brings better than Errey. And I am 100% sure that ol' 29er is just downright terrible. Is he still planned to do some of the TV games? I hope not, he's painful.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I hope Army and Rupp can bring something worthwhile to the broadcast, but I doubt they'll match Errey. Rupp seems okay, but Army just doesn't impress me at all. I don't see anything that he brings better than Errey. And I am 100% sure that ol' 29er is just downright terrible. Is he still planned to do some of the TV games? I hope not, he's painful.
I think Bourque's doing 12 games on TV. Rupp is solid, I like Colby.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Rupp seems to have a lot of good insight but I find him blander than bisquick.

I say this as a fan who loved him when he was here as a player, enough with Colby Armstrong. Please. Just...go away for a few years or something. Feels like the townie who graduated 4 years ago still hanging around high school parties. Trying to fit in using the lingo and being one of the guys. I get that vibe from all the chiclets crew, though.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I think Bourque's doing 12 games on TV. Rupp is solid, I like Colby.
That's a bummer, the guy is barely coherent. I'd take Steigy back over him without question, he's that bad.

I do like Rupp well enough but haven't heard him do that much. So he's the one I'm pinning some hopes on.

I like Colby as a guy, but I just don't see what he does to improve anything over Errey. He's not a better speaker and he doesn't know the game as well.

I just haven't heard either of them show anywhere near the enthusiasm Errey brought, and that's a bummer imo.

Reactions: vodeni and Victor Z

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
Rightly or wrongly, I'd probably be fonder of Armstrong if he had been on the 2009 cup team. It feels weird that he's been back around after all these years; from where I sit he was basically all but forgotten by the fanbase, then suddenly started making media appearances with the organization with little to no fanfare, and now he's the color guy? Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike the guy, it just seems so random to dump Errey for him.

Rakell67

Sep 28, 2017
PA
I’ll keep that in mind next time I’m on the high seas, narc.
IMG_5287.gif

Reactions: BusinessGoose

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Piracy is though.
If you think piracy is illegal what's your take on the school taxes the rain tax (since you live in this beautiful corrupt state) and property tax. Land of the free... except for a few dozen mandatory taxes that are hardly lawful. Not even mentioning they take half of your gross pay for taxes to start with... what is left? A pittance is what. A system made by men to keep most men/women in the dirt.

Moko

Feb 18, 2009
Altoona, Pa
If you think piracy is illegal what's your take on the school taxes the rain tax (since you live in this beautiful corrupt state) and property tax. Land of the free... except for a few dozen mandatory taxes that are hardly lawful. Not even mentioning they take half of your gross pay for taxes to start with... what is left? A pittance is what. A system made by men to keep most men/women in the dirt.
Cool? Nothing you said makes piracy less illegal.

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
Imagine Staning over geolocked broadcast rights like they do anything good for the world at large

It's an archaic system with no place in an internet connected, full access to everything, reality, where we should have too many options to consume events, not too few

Adapt or die, broadcasters

Looks like they want to do down with the ship, instead. And we're all here to line up the broadside.

:arr:

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Imagine Staning over geolocked broadcast rights like they do anything good for the world at large

It's an archaic system with no place in an internet connected, full access to everything, reality, where we should have too many options to consume events, not too few

Adapt or die, broadcasters

Looks like they want to do down with the ship, instead. And we're all here to line up the broadside.

:arr:
It could be beautiful....
Instead we have a few corporations running the entire show.... that is not good.

Reactions: Josey Wales

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
Cool? Nothing you said makes piracy less illegal.

It doesn't but they screwed themselves with this model.
Come up with a reasonable way to watch feeds without blackouts and other inane rules and I'll happily pay for the rights. Until then, they'll get nothing from me and like it

Reactions: BusinessGoose

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad