Confirmed with Link: Mears and Errey fired

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
LOL... no kidding? REALLY!? It was no humanly possible to be a bigger suck up than those two people.... how can they treat their loyalty and blind eye to the club like this!

:clap:
:laugh:

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
From what I have heard, Getzoff and the Ole 2-9er are taking over on TV. I wonder if they will just simulcast the broadcast or will they create a new team for radio?

FlightlessBird

Nov 5, 2005
Pittsburgh
I really hope the rumor from a few months ago of Getzoff and Bourque moving to TV was true. Josh is 100x better than Mears, and Bourque is great. I found myself listening to the radio while watching on TV for the majority of games last season.

Also, the past few years felt like Errey was trying to go for a national thing. It’s fine to be unbiased in a sense, but he was almost trying to prove how WAY non-Pens homer he was and it just got annoying. I will still miss him though.

And I still want Colby to come on as a full-time between the bench person.

Now get rid of Potash and that’ll be the cherry on top this summer!

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
Per Yohe it’s gonna be Getzoff, Bourque (maybe?) and Colby
1A90A684-B0D9-4D49-BD69-417A5805032F.jpeg

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I doubt too many people care about Mears moving on. He was dull at best.

But I'm really gonna miss Errey. I know he was a goofball but he was a pretty insightful one.

Getzoff is good news. Bourque not so much... at least to me. Colby I'd be pretty happy with, though.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I doubt too many people care about Mears moving on. He was dull at best.

But I'm really gonna miss Errey. I know he was a goofball but he was a pretty insightful one.

Getzoff is good news. Bourque not so much... at least to me. Colby I'd be pretty happy with, though.
getting senile

metalan2

May 30, 2008
Mears was a very knowledgeable hockey mind, did play by play well, but just was a wet blanket. There is definitely a place for him in broadcasting, it just isn't as a play by play guy.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
It's hard to listen to somebody talk so much for so many years and not actively hate them, so kudos to Errey for that. He'll be missed.

Mears needs to go away for like 20 years and have a Scotch and a pack of cigarettes everyday. He was fine. Just too fresh, polished, and by the book for my tastes.

I've only listened to the radio a handful of times the last several years. Getzoff is alright. Honestly probably similar to Mears in that he does the job well, but is just kind of boring. I didn't particularly like Bourque. Would much rather have Colby in that role.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Good…I know people liked Errey but he would rarely say anything critical of a player when I listened to him, even when justified…Mears grated…I would mute them when I listened to the Pens broadcast…

BillPrep

Jun 2, 2016
I'd see what ol max talbot is up to...thought he did well when he visited last year. Max was, at least, ableto talk about the action while mears and errey were busy fanboiing

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
Yeah, Errey has been a part of the entire Crosby era so it'll be weird. Still nothing that compares to the outrage when Lange was demoted to the radio broadcast. I remember KDKA running a segment where they told people on the street to film their reactions.

Bourque-Colby would be my dream team but both are color guys and not a PBP.

If they touch Potash, there will be blood.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad