MDSF Thread: Columbus vs. Pittsburgh (All general series talk here)

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
No, but NBC is playing Detroit and Boston at 3p, so it could still be a noon game on NBC, but I'm hoping not and it's a 8p game on the main network!

12pm start is most likely a no go. Manchester United vs Norwich City (EPL) is scheduled in that time slot.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Too many story lines for NBC to bump that match. Norwich City trying to stay up. New manager for Man U. So let's take Game 5 PRIME TIME!

Unrelated note but I hope Norwich falls. I'm rally pulling for Cardiff City to not get relegated back. I've adopted them as my team in the Premier League because of my Welsh heritage and the fact I visited Cardiff last summer and got to see the hype around the city about being in the Premier League for the 1st time.

Now back to your regularly scheduled CBJ-PIT coverage...

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Had the Rangers game on TV and walked in just in time to feel like it was old times. There was Dorsett taking another stupid penalty, this one with four minutes to go and a 3-1 lead. Different uniform, same Dorsett.

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
Had the Rangers game on TV and walked in just in time to feel like it was old times. There was Dorsett taking another stupid penalty, this one with four minutes to go and a 3-1 lead. Different uniform, same Dorsett.

Why would he even be on the ice in that situation?

Kev22

Feb 19, 2003
Plain City, OH
Visit site
Too many story lines for NBC to bump that match. Norwich City trying to stay up. New manager for Man U. So let's take Game 5 PRIME TIME!

I know a lot of you are soccer fans, and I've been trying to give this EPL thing a whirl, but if NBC broadcasts an EPL game (I don't care how important) over an NHL game, the NHL should sue to have the TV contract voided. American sports come before all others in my opinion.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
NHL Blue Jackets ‏@BlueJacketsNHL 41s
Just announced: Game 5 of #CBJ vs. #Pens will start at 7 pm ET on Saturday at CONSOL Energy Center. #BattleOn

K33Z

May 14, 2009
What is your opinion on Murray's play so far in the series?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

FreeBoomer61

Feb 8, 2011
I am going to be in the Disney area of Orlando from Friday-Wednesday. Where is the best place to catch the games?

squarelaces

Aug 6, 2005
Unrelated note but I hope Norwich falls. I'm rally pulling for Cardiff City to not get relegated back. I've adopted them as my team in the Premier League because of my Welsh heritage and the fact I visited Cardiff last summer and got to see the hype around the city about being in the Premier League for the 1st time.

Right country wrong club.

Go Swans!

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Right country wrong club.

Go Swans!

I will say as an impartial American I don't really buy into the rivalry between them. Soccer is a new sport for me to follow. I really got interested after spending time there last summer and seeing how big it is even though it was the off-season while I was there. I would call Swansea my #2 team and will ultimately be who I root for if Cardiff gets relegated since The Championship league isn't televised in the USA. I did drive through Swansea while I was there when I went to Three Cliffs Bay. Beautiful place. I did also stop in Manchester and go to Old Trafford Stadium just to see it on my way back to Scotland.

Anyway,

I'm in 204 tonight as part of my 1/2 season plan. My regular seats were in 203 during the season. I certainly hope nobody except pens fans go home disappointed tonight.

TheCraigAdamsZone

Apr 24, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
I would just like to say...

That as a Pittsburgh fan, it's awesome that Columbus has came around to the team that they are today. You guys are 180 miles away and I would be more than happy to make the drive just to be a part of your culture when we face off against each other. For the fans that have stuck with the team since the beginning through the hard years, you guys are dedicated fans (much like us Pirates fans who have stuck with the team through all their losing seasons are true fans.)

The CBJ resemble a less-talented Bruins (no offense) without all of the cheap shots and the crybaby coach behind the bench. If you guys oust us, which I pray will happen for the sake of getting our inevitable exit over with and this estranged, arm-folding POS we call a coach fired, I hope that you guys make it far because the Jackets deserve it. You can see it when they play on the ice, players hungry for a win and not a paycheck. It's refreshing to see that in hockey especially since you've been watching the exact opposite from your own home team the entire season (and past seasons.)

Sincerely,

A Pens fan who will root for the Jackets if (hopefully) they beat us.

Rimers stache

Sep 9, 2008
Paris, FRA

Now back to your regularly scheduled CBJ-PIT coverage...

Would like to see that as well but the owner Mr. Tan (who is definitely a Bond villian) is a bad bad gash. Can't believe he fired Malkay Mackay, brought Cardiff up and was repaid with the axe, horrible **** that Mr. Tan is.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Would like to see that as well but the owner Mr. Tan (who is definitely a Bond villian) is a bad bad gash. Can't believe he fired Malkay Mackay, brought Cardiff up and was repaid with the axe, horrible **** that Mr. Tan is.

And he wants to change the colors of the club - a definite no-no. That would be like the Blue Jackets changing their jerseys to green and yellow. There's a history there. You don't mess with it.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
ESPN Club - sports bar in the Boardwalk area. First you'll have to ask them if they know what hockey is. ;)

they know...i met Brassard's cousin there last spring...keep in good contact with him...but they had hockey on more tvs than basketball

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
And he wants to change the colors of the club - a definite no-no. That would be like the Blue Jackets changing their jerseys to green and yellow. There's a history there. You don't mess with it.

He actually already changed the jersey colors. People in Cardiff are upset their home jersey's are red. Next rumor is to change the name from Cardiff City FC to Cardiff Dragons.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
giphy.gif

On topic plz.

JacketFanInFL

Brick by Brick
Mar 27, 2006
Central FL
I am going to be in the Disney area of Orlando from Friday-Wednesday. Where is the best place to catch the games?

Any of the I-Drive sports bars.

Miller's Ale House
Buffalo Wild Wings

Or if you want more "entertainment"
Twin Peaks
Tilted Kilt

You're in a highly touristy area, so it's going to be all chains.

Welcome to Orlando.

EDIT: If you feel like getting out of tourist hell, PM me and I can help you find some better spots.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad