GDT: MDSF: ISLANDERS vs. PENGUINS| GAME 3 | Are you too good for your HOME?|4/14 12:00PM | PPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
aaaaand people want to dump Letang again.
he's not as bad as the other defensemen most of any season, but the crowd that thinks he is a shoe-in for the Norris are 100% overrating him. he's one of the most overrated #1 defensemen in the league.

Reactions: bigkam

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
It is so silly to say, "X goalie outplayed Z" in a series where 1 team is playing smothering d against a struggling as well as clueless offense and the other team appears to be putting up a beer-league-worthy defense in front of their goalie.

Put Hasek in his prime in net for the Pens and the results would be the same.

Maybe not the same, but yes the outcome for sure.

Reactions: NewAgeOutlaw

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
And get who? Letang is elite was fantastic all year.

Anyone letting a 4 game sample size sway their opinion are very short sighted.

I dunno. He's a very important player that needs to get back to or close to 2016 levels in this window right now.
With his injury history and the poor play that comes with it it's a huge gamble.
I guess you can still hold on to him and go out and get guys that can play with(top 4 RD)/above him tho...

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
Ok gang, whats the offseason plan?

Despite everything I see here, I still like our forward group. Maybe go get a more dynamic LW for Malkin?

On D, This team needs to decide what they want to be. Go further towards size and physicality or get back to what worked: speed and puck moving.

Sully has two cup rings, so my bet is he gets another year, but if it doesn't click we could be coach shopping soon.

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
At this point, big changes are happening this offseason and that absolutely terrifies me.

Reactions: KIRK

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
So here is what i want to know... who thought that since we got a lot slower as a team, those area passes we used two or three years ago was a ghood idea vs a trap team

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Ok gang, whats the offseason plan?

Despite everything I see here, I still like our forward group. Maybe go get a more dynamic LW for Malkin?

On D, This team needs to decide what they want to be. Go further towards size and physicality or get back to what worked: speed and puck moving.

Sully has two cup rings, so my bet is he gets another year, but if it doesn't click we could be coach shopping soon.

Sign Hagelin in the offseason. Trade JJ for anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad