GDT: MDSF: ISLANDERS vs. PENGUINS| GAME 3 | Are you too good for your HOME?|4/14 12:00PM | PPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Av1CldU.png

HqhN5oT.gif

Yesterdays workflow

PREVIEW
Islanders projected lineup

Anders Lee -- Mathew Barzal -- Jordan Eberle
Josh Bailey -- Brock Nelson -- Tom Kuhnhackl
Anthony Beauvillier -- Valtteri Filppula -- Leo Komarov
Matt Martin -- Casey Cizikas -- Cal Clutterbuck
Nick Leddy -- Johnny Boychuk
Adam Pelech -- Ryan Pulock
Devon Toews -- Scott Mayfield
Robin Lehner
Thomas Greiss
Scratched: Thomas Hickey, Luca Sbisa, Dennis Seidenberg, Michael Dal Colle, Ross Johnston
Injured: None

Penguins projected lineup

Jake Guentzel -- Sidney Crosby -- Dominik Simon
Jared McCann -- Evgeni Malkin -- Phil Kessel
Bryan Rust -- Nick Bjugstad -- Patric Hornqvist
Teddy Blueger -- Matt Cullen -- Scott Wilson
Brian Dumoulin -- Kris Letang
Jack Johnson -- Justin Schultz
Marcus Pettersson -- Erik Gudbranson
Matt Murray
Casey DeSmith
Scratched: Zach Trotman, Olli Maatta, Zach Aston-Reese, Tristan Jarry
Injured: Chad Ruhwedel (upper body)

wylioJU.jpg

FPshKHr.gif

Busy weekend. I'll add more as it comes.​

Last edited:

Sideline

May 23, 2004
I'm confident that Sid, Geno, Phil, and Letang are going to be at their best. I didn't expect the Penguins to make it out of the East with Washington and Tampa lurking, but I just don't see this core getting punked in round 1. They're going to make this a series.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I'm confident that Sid, Geno, Phil, and Letang are going to be at their best. I didn't expect the Penguins to make it out of the East with Washington and Tampa lurking, but I just don't see this core getting punked in round 1. They're going to make this a series.

With Sullivan having last change and being able to seek the easy matchups for L1, I feel good about Sid.

If McCann is back and on L2 LW, I feel good about Geno.

As to Letang . . . I feel good because I think he should understand the situation.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I didn't think home ice would be such a factor, but the way their fourth line has handled our first, this will be big.

I'd think Sully is going to try to pin L3 on that Isles 4th line.

Definitely will be a chess match, in that way and others.

Whether Sully is playing chess with Trotz or checkers by himself is another matter . . . :laugh:

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

It’s not just them...Murray is being outplayed by Lehner...can’t let that happen...

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I’m going to miss the first half of this game for the gym...

Lay it on the line boys!

And hold the damn (blue) line for a change...

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Pens almost lost to the Caps in 92. After a players only meeting they decided to play a trap style. This Pens team needs to do the same. They don't have the speed to outspeed the Islanders. It's so easy to enter their zone and once there, Islanders are there long enough to have a pizza delivered and finish it.

They won't adjust like that. They probably SHOULD because they're not a team constructed to play the style Sully prefers against a team that is constructed and plays like the Isles. But, they won't.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
It’s not just them...Murray is being outplayed by Lehner...can’t let that happen...

I'm not sure it's that simple. Yes, he's being outplayed by Lehner by the numbers. BUT, I'm not sure if he were facing the shot selection that Lehner is and if Lehner were facing the shot selection Murray is if that would hold.

Reactions: 2wayPlay

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Masters moved up their tee time because of bad weather moving in. Noon start for nothing, the NHL is still gonna get crushed in the ratings.

I’d say being home they should bounce back, but they look as mentally weak as the Bylsma years.

And as weak in terms of construction, structurally, and game day bench management.

Sideline

May 23, 2004
I'm not sure it's that simple. Yes, he's being outplayed by Lehner by the numbers. BUT, I'm not sure if he were facing the shot selection that Lehner is and if Lehner were facing the shot selection Murray is if that would hold.
Agreed. The Penguins gave up the middle of the ice so easy in game 1 it was embarrassing. Murray held them in game 2 long enough that they had a chance. You need a goalie to steal a few to win a Cup, but Murray isn't anywhere near the biggest problem right now.

Reactions: KIRK

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Pens almost lost to the Caps in 92. After a players only meeting they decided to play a trap style. This Pens team needs to do the same. They don't have the speed to outspeed the Islanders. It's so easy to enter their zone and once there, Islanders are there long enough to have a pizza delivered and finish it.

They won't adjust like that. They probably SHOULD because they're not a team constructed to play the style Sully prefers against a team that is constructed and plays like the Isles. But, they won't.

Actually, with a couple minor changes, they can. It's not like they don't have it at all, they just decided to go heavy for some reason, and as long as they know whom to use each roster for they'll be okay.

Unfortunately, they feel heavy slower lineup works against faster teams. They need to make adjustments.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
We'll get a good idea in the first 5 minutes if they're invested into this game or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad