GDT: MDSF: ISLANDERS vs. PENGUINS| GAME 3 | Are you too good for your HOME?|4/14 12:00PM | PPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
He’s on pace for 2 good playoffs out of 4. I agree they should look to get rid of dead weight first but they’ve been sick of him for a while it seems. Phil and Geno were awful 5 on 5 this year though, no getting around it.

He's been good this playoff. I am not going to give him crap about it because the rest of the team is sleeping.

Richard

Feb 8, 2012
I may Jake is getting outworked defensively by Jordan froggen eberle. Time for me to sign off

Reactions: KIRK

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
A great way to weed out uneducated posters is by seeing what people are crying about goaltending in a series where the Penguins have had 2 games of only scoring 1 goal.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Oh I'm sure you can add quite a few other names to the "complete nonfactor list" aside from just rust.
This is why I'm not so quick to turn on sully. He hasn't been good but at the same time look at what he has to work with. Rust, zar, bjugs, jj and how many others have been just utter garbage?

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
The D core needs to be blown up this offseason. Sullivan and Recchi should also go. The team just isn't buying into the current system anymore.

JR and Guerin need to go too. You can't trust the architect of this ****show or his heir apparent to fix it.

Reactions: Andy99

bigkam

Jun 13, 2009
Pens have given up. No life.

Lol Letang has two straight awful playoffs

He's been terrible for a while, and only his outrageous talent has kept some from not seeing it. At the time, I thought we should have dealt him before the long-term contract was signed, when he was probably at his peak value.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Insisting on starting the trilogy with an 8 year old (or whatever he was) effectively killed an entire movie. He was a passive audience member in his own story

Oh yeah... for sure. I even had big reservations about that at the time of release.

I would argue that there are actually things about TPM that make it the best of the 3... I mean... with HEAVY editing and cuts. And yes I know... Jar Jar, podracing and a child actor. All very bad. But Qui Gon, Obi Wan, and arguably one of the best villains (and terrific saber battle)to appear on the big screen in the SW universe makes it's core elements arguably better than much of the other two... ESPECIALLY Clone Wars. Which was just...

*shudders*

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Literally zero reason to have this guy on our roster. We literally won a cup without him

Yea but that required an immeasurable about of fortune and effort. We just going to ignore that he’s coming back from a potentially serious injury? Now, if you want to make the argument that he gets hurt too often.. then I’m listening.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I may Jake is getting outworked defensively by Jordan froggen eberle. Time for me to sign off

Yeah, but Jake isn't being paid 6M per.

giphy.gif

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
He's been terrible for a while, and only his outrageous talent has kept some from not seeing it. At the time, I thought we should have dealt him before the long-term contract was signed, when he was probably at his peak value.
Oh come on.he was a legitimate Norris candidate this year. Dont let a week of bad play erase your memory

Richard

Feb 8, 2012
And get who? Letang is elite was fantastic all year.

Anyone letting a 4 game sample size sway their opinion are very short sighted.
No he wasn't and no he's not. He's lazy, stupid and his physical talent is declining. He's not going to get better with age, he's gonna crash and burn because he can't think the game of hockey. Move him to some sucker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad