GDT: MDSF: ISLANDERS vs. PENGUINS| GAME 3 | Are you too good for your HOME?|4/14 12:00PM | PPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
There is something very wrong with the locker room.

Game 2 looked like a revolt. Nobody gave a ****. Guys were coasting. It was absolutely pathetic. Even 87 looks like he doesn't care.

We'll know in a few hours whether this team has any pride or is doing their best to sabatoge the coach or particular players.

Lol sometimes teams just lose. The roster is pretty good mostly, but it’s not good if Sid/Geno aren’t playing very well.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Meh. This team has put up some pretty good performances in afternoon games the past two postseasons... so who knows.

That said, it’s a different postseason and not sure how much confidence I have.

Super SMH looking at the Islanders’ lineup and the hole we’re in. That 4th line outplaying the Pens’ 1st line? Tom Kuhnhackl is a SECOND liner? But, it’s all working for them. Real well.

Tumty

Aug 18, 2012
Finland
shoulda put Horny there so we could have a 32 year old with the exact same ES points (Simon has 4 more than Horny since the new year actually) on the line. That's the ticket.

Or shoulda put Mccann there. They dominated earlier.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Or shoulda put Mccann there. They dominated earlier.
is he even playing? Also, Sid wasn't actually scoring when McCann was there either. And the decline that we're currently seeing started while McCann was still there. I'm not saying it would be a bad move. I'm just saying that I wouldn't expect it to be the magic pill that fixes our problems. Sid's RW isn't why we're losing games.

Reactions: BHD

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Have the people clamoring for Hornqvist to be put back next to Crosby actually... uh... watched Hornqvist most of this year? Crosby is struggling to put up points right now, too. It's like tossing an anvil at a drowning man.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Have the people clamoring for Hornqvist to be put back next to Crosby actually... uh... watched Hornqvist most of this year? Crosby is struggling to put up points right now, too. It's like tossing an anvil at a drowning man.
it's as decent an option as anything else, but yeah he's one of our many struggling options.

If we lose this series, Sully's choice of Sid's RW will not be why.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Hoping for a blow out today.
wait...which way?
giphy.gif

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I get that Horns is a long time fan favorite. Malkin is my favorite player in the league, ya know. But trust your eyes, people.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I was up to 3:40 this morning playing civ without realizing that the Penguins game was at 12, not at 3 :laugh:

But for real, there isn't a magic and obvious solution for the lineup at this point. Not with so many underachievers playing every day, you can't make a good lineup when guys like Hornqvist, Rust, Simon, Cullen and ZAR are struggling to produce like they are.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I was up to 3:40 this morning playing civ without realizing that the Penguins game was at 12, not at 3 :laugh:

But for real, there isn't a magic and obvious solution for the lineup at this point. Not with so many underachievers playing every day, you can't make a good lineup when guys like Hornqvist, Rust, Simon, Cullen and ZAR are struggling to produce like they are.
I really need to play Civ. Especially since I just checked the price of Civ V on steam and apparently it costs "Already In Your Library" dollars :laugh:

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I've been playing a lot of Civ VI, lately. Trying to give it a chance.

Much like this roster... it's pretty terrific on paper and often pretty to look at but in execution leaves MUCH to be desired.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
This is the classic example of a game in the past that you feel good about *****ing about ahead of time because they'd come out flying and make you look stupid for doubting. But I don't see it with this gaggle of washed up, underachieving, disorganized, undisciplined, no-plan, no-confidence players who haven't shown a spark for more than a game or even period at a time all season long and even going back into last year.

If there is one thing this team has been good is delivering when their backs are against the wall. Not saying its's going to happen now but it's simply not true that they haven't been consistently good for more than a period at a time this season.

No McCann in line rushes
Guentzel-Crosby-Simon
AstonReese-Malkin-Kessel
Rust-Bjugstad-Hornqvist
Blueger-Cullen-Wilson

Over/under on Sully changing his lines before the end of the first period?

Reactions: Ogrezilla
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad