GDT: MDSF #4 - 04/21/16 | pittsburgh penguins @ NEW YORK RANGERS | 7:00 - MSG, CNBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
Again:

Hayes out, Glass out.

Hrivik and Lindberg in.

Stalberg to the 3rd line. Fast to the 4th.

top6
Staal Lindberg Stalberg
Hrivik Moore Fast

Boyle out, Wrath in.

McD Klein
Yandle Wrath
Staal Skjei

If people aren't happy with Skjei playing right, then leave Boyle in. What to do with the defense is less clear, but the bottom six is a ****ing NO BRAINER.

I like this.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Not like it's hard to stop anyway. Hagelin doesn't need to reveal anything about our ineptitude on the PP, or breakouts in general.

We are a VERY easy team to play against. Way too easy.

Think the Rangers have four, very easy to defend, power play breakouts.

1. Dump and think about chasing, but don't
2. Pass to the LW who streaks in alone and fires a weak shot, or takes it behind the net
3. Seam pass, 5% success rate.
4. Drop to Brassard who either skates it in, or completes option 1.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
All hail Loffen!!!

QEAiszp.gif

We are not worthy!

:bow: :bow: :bow:

I want to see some bloodthirst today!
LGR !!!!!!!!!!!

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
I just want this coach, for once, to ice the strongest possible lineup.

To me, that's:

Kreider-Stepan-Zuccarello
Miller-Brassard-Nash
Staal-Lindberg-Stalberg
Hrivik/Hayes-Moore-Fast

McDonagh-Klein
Yandle-McIlrath
Staal-Skjei

Get Glass out of the lineup. Sit Hayes if you think it's necessary. If not, demote him to the 4th line. Fast is playing too many minutes right now, so slide him to the 4th line where he can excel. Switch in McIlrath for Boyle. Put Girardi in an ice bath and leave him there until the end of the series.

If we go to war with that lineup and still lose, I can live with it. What I can't stand is icing an inferior lineup containing Glass, Boyle, or Girardi, and with players being given more responsibility than they can handle.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
If the pens are gonna clog up neutral zone wouldn't a line of lindberg-staal-stalberg possibly be a good idea to dump puck and possibly even retrieve it? That would be nice especially in latter part of game as things tighten up.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
When they dump the puck its usually only one guy chasing the puck. They need to dump with speed and have 3 guys chasing it not 1 guy.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Third and 4th line producing zero right now. AV has to shake up those bottom two lines. Move fast down and stalberg up. Get lindberg in lineup? Stalberg can retrieve puck but playing with two linemates who have zero ability to put puck in net right now.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
If the pens are gonna clog up neutral zone wouldn't a line of lindberg-staal-stalberg possibly be a good idea to dump puck and possibly even retrieve it? That would be nice especially in latter part of game as things tighten up.

I am sorry but that's just not the right thing to do.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
Third and 4th line producing zero right now. AV has to shake up those bottom two lines. Move fast down and stalberg up. Get lindberg in lineup? Stalberg can retrieve puck but playing with two linemates who have zero ability to put puck in net right now.

Not to be a stalker but you could have saved yourself some time and stopped at "ability".

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
I was actually hoping Fleury would play tonight.

Girardi returns from injury in game 1: we lose
Malkin returns from injury in game 2: we win
McDonagh returns from injury in game 3: we lose

However...

Goalie 3 plays 1st game: we lose
Goalie 3 plays 2nd game: we win
Goalie 2 plays 1st game: we lose
Goalie 2 plays 2nd game: ??

If we win tonight and Fleury returns for game 5, which of those trends will it be?

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Boyle and Yandle as a pair again? No ****ing way. What are they going to do---run into each other again? Sit Boyle--put McIlrath in the lineup.

Maineice11

Dec 7, 2006
Maine
Boyle and Yandle as a pair again? No ****ing way. What are they going to do---run into each other again? Sit Boyle--put McIlrath in the lineup.

time will tell. They did not show lines in practice yesterday or today, probably will find out at warmups, but even that may not be the full story until the starting lineup is announced.

eyedoc

May 1, 2015
The results of tonight's game will have a huge effect on my mood for the next 2 days...

TankLarkin

Will Cuylle is Ready.
Mar 3, 2012
Rochester, NY
What's the new argument for Glass staying in the line-up? The entire team has been physical and throwing BIG hits. What does Glass bring that the rest of this squad cannot now that they've shown they can be physical?

It's a joke, what a complete and total line of ********.

and Glass really hasn't been his usual physical self in this series. Strange.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Hi guys
Just got out of The intensive care unit here in Poland after a very unexpected emergency double bypass surgery, will be watching this one from The cardiologist ward as I was out cold for The last one
LGR!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad