MDF Game 3 | Rangers @ Capitals 5/4/15 7:30pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
Also, I feel like an assist should go to the crowd tonight. They were amazing and I really think they gave the Caps some extra momentum during the last 5 minutes.

NeilYoung

May 7, 2009
I thought it was a fairly even game, both goalies made some great saves. I'm curious to see how next game goes. I feel as a Caps fan I might as well accept that game 7 is coming

OVs Gold Chain*

Also, I feel like an assist should go to the crowd tonight. They were amazing and I really think they gave the Caps some extra momentum during the last 5 minutes.

Amazing considering the NYR are invincible on the road

poeman

To Win The One Ring
Mar 8, 2006
Amazing considering the NYR are invincible on the road

[MOD] The Rangers are indeed great on the road. You want to gloat, do it after they can pull off another win in game 4.

Last edited by a moderator:

Onion Boy

Jan 29, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
Was at the game tonight. As a Ranger fan I have to admit, the atmosphere was incredible. So loud.

Good game by both teams. Halfway through the second, I leaned over to my friend and said "the first goal will win this game". Moments later, Caps got the goal. I wish I was wrong, but so be it.

On to game 4.

Suds

Nov 27, 2014
Nash on Orpik was ok until he intentionally added an elbow to the head....

Goon move...

He's got to know the pain is a comin'

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
7 shots on goal, 15 attempted.

He's just on a massive run of poor luck right now. His deflection on Holtby with around 30 seconds left was our best chance.

And yet Holtby wasn't tested (not saying you believe this but others do). It amazes me how little credit sound positional technique gets. Only when goalies make crazy side to side saves are they credited with playing well. Anyone who has ever played goalie knows how good positioning can make tough saves look easy.

Acoustic

Sep 29, 2014
Watching the highlights on NHL looked like the Caps had some unreal chances and Lunquvist kept them in it despite the shots. Some are saying the Caps got outplayed though?

BladesofSTEELwFIRE

Feb 15, 2010
What were Caps fans chanting less the 2 minutes into 3rd period just before the Rangers power play? It sounded like xxxxxx xxx xxx sucks or something.

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
Watching the highlights on NHL looked like the Caps had some unreal chances and Lunquvist kept them in it despite the shots. Some are saying the Caps got outplayed though?

I think all 3 games have been the same. Rangers have had more sustained pressure but Caps have had better high end chances.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
And yet Holtby wasn't tested (not saying you believe this but others do). It amazes me how little credit sound positional technique gets. Only when goalies make crazy side to side saves are they credited with playing well. Anyone who has ever played goalie knows how good positioning can make tough saves look easy.

Holtby is EASILY a top 10 goalie. I've been watching hockey over 20 years and he has maybe the best high glove I have EVER seen.

That's an issue with Holtby as far as the eye test goes. His glove is so good that he just stands there and catches pucks while he's yawning, that other goalies would windmill on.

OVs Gold Chain*

[MOD] The Rangers are indeed great on the road. You want to gloat, do it after they can pull off another win in game 4.

Quite frankly I'm just fascinated the Caps were able to win. I was told the rangers never ever ever lose on the road!

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
Rangers were seriously overrated entering the playoffs.

If they somehow manage to come out of the east they will get dummied again in the finals.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
HF is a lovely place. I say that the Rangers are way over rated before the series starts and everyone suddenly seats the same...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad