MDF Game 3 | Rangers @ Capitals 5/4/15 7:30pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

nhldiedinthe90s*

who farted lol
Sep 23, 2013
Game 4 is not a must win for the Rangers. The Capitals have lost more 3-1 series leads than any team in NHL history.

I made that up without researching it, but as a life-long Caps fan I can assure you it's true.

Dalagaze

Goalie Killer
Apr 6, 2012
NY
Game 4 is not a must win for the Rangers. The Capitals have lost more 3-1 series leads than any team in NHL history.

I made that up without researching it, but as a life-long Caps I can assure you it's true.

If we go down 3-1, we're done. This team has not shown me they're even remotely capable of a comeback like that.

Buzzo

Oct 5, 2009

I made that up without researching it, but as a life-long Caps I can assure you it's true.

If it's not I'd be surprised.

I'm not even nervous watching games at this point, after all these years my mind is still prepared for total collapse. I'm expecting that until proven otherwise.

ForzaItalia

Mar 23, 2008
Toronto, ON

In the grand scheme of things it is. I don't see how going to 7 games against the Caps helps the Rangers down the line in their Cup quest.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
ssshhhhh. Dont ruin the narrative.

It's not just about the possession stats. The Rangers didn't play a bad game tonight, I think that was apparent without the stats.

They didn't get the bounces in a very tight game. Washington got the bounce. This will be a close series.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014

well good thing lately, the caps have only had two 3-1 leads in the playoffs since 2007-08. one beat the rangers in 5. the other was montreal

wingnutks

Nov 17, 2011
It's not just about the possession stats. The Rangers didn't play a bad game tonight, I think that was apparent without the stats.

They didn't get the bounces in a very tight game. Washington got the bounce. This will be a close series.

I absolutely agree with you there. However the Rangers were not a good possession team in the regular season, and they havent been a good possession team in these playoffs.

nhldiedinthe90s*

who farted lol
Sep 23, 2013
If it's not I'd be surprised.

I'm not even nervous watching games at this point, after all these years my mind is still prepared for total collapse. I'm expecting that until proven otherwise.
I hear ya brah.
In the grand scheme of things it is. I don't see how going to 7 games against the Caps helps the Rangers down the line in their Cup quest.

I think everyone from the East remaining is roughly the same; that is, inferior to both the Ducks and Hawks by a pretty sizable distance considering league parody.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
I hear ya brah.

I think everyone from the East remaining is roughly the same; that is, inferior to both the Ducks and Hawks by a pretty sizable distance considering league parody.

good thing the caps beat the ducks 2/2 times and hawks 2/2 times eh??

of course it means nothing now lol

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Shots were 26-18 Rangers, attempts were 59-42 Rangers, chances were 36-19 Rangers. If we keep playing like that, things will fall into place.

But we have been told all series that Lundy is a FAR better goalie.

For what it's worth, he actually is, but Holtby has been better this series, just less high profile saves.

eyedoc

May 1, 2015
Great playoff hockey game

3 things killed the Rangers tonight

1) Let in a bad bounce goal
2) The 2 stupid penalties killed the momentum they were creating in the first period
3) The faceoff disparity was a major factor.

Congrats to the Caps! They stole one tonight on a night they were outplayed. Great win!

Rangers needed to win one of the 2 games in DC. The failed on the first, on to the second.

Rangers win game 4 and it is a best of 3 with home ice. Should be an interesting hockey game. So far this have been the most entertaining series of the playoffs.

It is amazing how evenly matched these teams are.

amjay13

Jan 7, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Rangers were probably better tonight but in the end, this will be a long series just as everyone expected. This is a good Caps team and a good Rangers team. The winner will be in the Stanley Cup Finals.

eyedoc

May 1, 2015
Serious question since I don't follow the Rangers all season, but aside from Zuccerello are they healthy/playing with a full lineup?

Yes they are healthy besides Zuccarello. However, he is one of the gutsy Rangers that sets the tone and is their spark plug. Huge loss not having him there. That said all teams have injuries and they cannot look at his as an excuse. Sounds like he most likely won't play rest of season even if they made it to the SCF.

eyedoc

May 1, 2015
Serious question since I don't follow the Rangers all season, but aside from Zuccerello are they healthy/playing with a full lineup?

Although the way Yandle is playing, I am suspicious that he is injured as well. He has not been skating at practice. He looks terrible.

eyedoc

May 1, 2015
Rangers were probably better tonight but in the end, this will be a long series just as everyone expected. This is a good Caps team and a good Rangers team. The winner will be in the Stanley Cup Finals.

I agree. Would be nice if the Habs would win a game or two, so the team that comes out of this series isn't playing a very well rested, peaking Lightening team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->