MDF Game 3 | Rangers @ Capitals 5/4/15 7:30pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeilYoung

May 7, 2009
legit right after Beagle missed the first shot I turned to my friends and wondered if he would ever score this playoffs, he scored as I was saying it:laugh:

Suds

Nov 27, 2014
I don't know who is smoking what?!!

The Rangers are over-rated? Says the teams not playing them?!!

I agree they could eat some humble pie but.....under-rated?:laugh:

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Nice game by the Caps! Holtby was solid and Beagle finally got rewarded for all his hard work. That guy really works his tail off. No pun intended. :)

Nice to see the Caps absolutely dominate in the faceoff circle winning 69% of the draws. Beagle #83 won 83% of his draws. :handclap:
In a low scoring, defensive battle, that is critical.

Rangers have their backs against the wall a bit. Should be a dandy Game 4. :)

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Rangers were seriously overrated entering the playoffs.

If they somehow manage to come out of the east they will get dummied again in the finals.

Hard to win the Pres. Trophy and be overrated. Now the Habs on the other hand.... ;)

Agree that west team will destroy whoever they play in the Finals.

Suds

Nov 27, 2014

100% disagree. Caps beat the Blackhawks during the season and will beat the Ducks.

Rangers are the test...

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Hard to win the Pres. Trophy and be overrated. Now the Habs on the other hand.... ;)

The East just hopes that the West teams can just destroy each other in the semis. An injured Hawks or Ducks team can be beaten by any Eastern team.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014

Caps record against remaining western confernce teams:
caps vs chicago, caps 2-0
Caps vs ducks, caps 2-0. justin peters beat the ducks in Anaheim, justin peters.
Caps vs wild, tied 1-1, won at the wild for the first time ever
Caps vs flames, 1-0-1

but yes anything is possible and the caps have to get their first

edit: and that one wild loss, ovechkin didnt play. but still they lost so it means nothing

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
I think the Western teams have benefitted from playing in a top-heavy conference. So their matchup makes them look better than they are. I think if the Caps and Rangers had played Calgary or Winnipeg they would look equally as dominant.

nhldiedinthe90s*

who farted lol
Sep 23, 2013
I thought Pierre was going to have a ..."moment," he was so excited about how high the quality of hockey was out there.

He wasn't wrong.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
What a swing in momentum. After game 2 I thought it's all Rangers they looked so good, now the exact opposite- Capitals took over. Outshot or not they made NY look slow and tired. As usual I think it's not an issue of will, NY was skating in quicksand (although may be they could start trying harder before 8 minutes left in the game :)). I didn't see as much of the Caps this season and underestimated their ability, good for them leading the series.

So what is up with Dan Boyle out for every shift of the last 10 minutes? :laugh: Quadruple shifted and is he now playing forward? WTF that old guy (no offense to his illustrious career) should not even be on the ice. How long ago did San Jose dump him? He doesn't fit this team and was a completely unnecessary addition. :shakehead

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
What an entertaining series.

It is really enjoyable to watch the Washington Capitals and Alexander Ovechkin play so well defensively.

True, I love players like Toews, who had defensive dedication the minute his feet hit NHL ice...or teams like LA which has had defense discipline as part of its DNA for years. But there is something to be said in seeing players and teams evolve and fight their way into becoming better.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Caps record against remaining western confernce teams:
caps vs chicago, caps 2-0
Caps vs ducks, caps 2-0. justin peters beat the ducks in Anaheim, justin peters.
Caps vs wild, tied 1-1, won at the wild for the first time ever
Caps vs flames, 1-0-1

but yes anything is possible and the caps have to get their first

edit: and that one wild loss, ovechkin didnt play. but still they lost so it means nothing

while regular season numbers are nice...they mean ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. none.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
I think the Western teams have benefitted from playing in a top-heavy conference. So their matchup makes them look better than they are. I think if the Caps and Rangers had played Calgary or Winnipeg they would look equally as dominant.

I don't think it would be the same. But yeah, Jets/Flames haven't really been the highest measure. Still, I've seen every game Ducks have played and trust me, those games have not been won without stellar hockey. Ducks are on a roll and I think they can actually beat the Hawks.

I would think the winner from Caps/Rags series is in the finals and from the west, it's either Hawks or Ducks.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Yeah each game they play the Caps are gaining admiration from more NHL fans. At the deadline they were near a bubble team...now they are proving to be a true threat. I like their character as a team unit, a lot of credit must be given to Trotz for getting the guys to buy in.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Most intense game of the series that could've gone either way.
Rangers generated a lot of decent chances, but their pucks did not have eyes today.
Caps had a number great looking plays foiled at the last second, and Lundquist made some big stops on grade A Ovechkin blasts.

The speed matchup is the most fascinating thing to me. So far generally the Rangers have controlled the pace, their speed is preventing the Caps from getting consistent zone time & playing with more physicality. But on the other hand the Caps are generally keeping it close enough to not let the Rangers run away with it, and feel pretty good in 1-goal game scenarios.

I'm not sure the Caps have another gear to go to, but if they can keep containing the Rangers, they have a good chance. Ovi and perhaps now Kuz can do something crazy any moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad