MDF Game 3 | Rangers @ Capitals 5/4/15 7:30pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Shots were 26-18 Rangers, attempts were 59-42 Rangers, chances were 36-19 Rangers. If we keep playing like that, things will fall into place.

NYRKING30

Apr 29, 2011
NYC
Great game from the Capitals. Some great goaltending tonight on both teams. Caps had that lucky bounce tonight it happens every team needs it no matter how good you are.

OVs Gold Chain*

Shots were 26-18 Rangers, attempts were 59-42 Rangers, chances were 36-19 Rangers. If we keep playing like that, things will fall into place.

Yeah, that's what we told ourselves in 2010 when the lowly Habs Halak'd the Pres Trophy champs :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

eyedoc

May 1, 2015
Barely got any good shots on Holtby, alot of open shots. The Rangers have to find the angles and cut the cute stuff. Disappointing loss.

Rangers have to attack the net with Holtby

I agree, Holtby is playing well, but the Rangers and their shot location is making him look invincible. Need to make his life harder back there.

poeman

To Win The One Ring
Mar 8, 2006
Caps a definitely a better team...Rangers played well, a flukey goal, but the Rangers barely had any good scoring chances and that is in large to the Caps defense.

Rangers never make anything easy, its so frustrating.

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
Also, it amazes me that people still fail to credit Holtby as a top tier goalie. The Rangers, Islanders, Bruins, he does this against many different teams and yet people still say it is because he was never tested. He has been consistently tested and he has consistently performed well.

wingnutks

Nov 17, 2011
Where so?

To this day the luckiest series win in NHL history so I wouldn't worry about that.

The Rangers made it through the regular season as a mediocre possesion team, with great goaltending and good sh%... but the Caps cant do that for 2 more games?

NYRKING30

Apr 29, 2011
NYC
Also, it amazes me that people still fail to credit Holtby as a top tier goalie. The Rangers, Islanders, Bruins, he does this against many different teams and yet people still say it is because he was never tested. He has been consistently tested and he has consistently performed well.

I think he's certainly developing into the top 10.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
The Rangers made it through the regular season as a mediocre possesion team, with great goaltending and good sh%... but the Caps cant do that for 2 more games?

The Rangers were a great possession team with a healthy defense which we had all of 5 games.

ForzaItalia

Mar 23, 2008
Toronto, ON

Only thing though is the Rangers struggled to score against the Pens in the first round and are finding it even harder to score in this round.

Game 4 is a must win for the Rangers.

poeman

To Win The One Ring
Mar 8, 2006
Zuccarello creates scoring chances, and guess what we need right now. Scoring chances. So annoying.

Suds

Nov 27, 2014
Too much O zone time for the Rangers. Rangers break-out of their D waaaaay too easily. Perfect penalty killing for the Rangers.

The Puck-luck Gods favoured the Caps this time.

Rangers were out-worked and that was the difference IMHO.

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
Zuccarello creates scoring chances, and guess what we need right now. Scoring chances. So annoying.

If the President's Trophy winning team cannot withstand losing Zuccarello then they have no one to blame but themselves. I mean let's not make this guy out to be Crosby or anything. He is a good player but they should be able to win without him.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Only thing though is the Rangers struggled to score against the Pens in the first round and are finding it even harder to score in this round.

Game 4 is a must win for the Rangers.

The Capitals have one of the best defenses in the league, scoring isn't going to be easy regardless. We won't need many to win though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad