MDF Game 3 | Rangers @ Capitals 5/4/15 7:30pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

park rangers

Optimist
Feb 7, 2009
NJ
The Caps best players have been playing great.

Nash, MSL, and Stepan HAVE to step up.

I thought the Rangers looked good. Good is not enough.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
Even if the Rangers win this series they are gonna be screwed the way Tampa, Anaheim and the Hawks are taking care of business

Tampa struggled mightily in the first round. They aren't some unbeatable monster of a team.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Caps are a much better playoff team under Trotz. Oates and Hunter, while beloved players were absolute jokes as coaches. Oates literally told the D to not block shots or hit because it would take them out of position......

Anyway, new coach that knows what he is doing and a bolstered d corps has really given this squad life. Love it!

Oates was a clown. Hunter was solid.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
Holtby is so solid and under rated.

Man.

Why did people take the Caps so lightly ? They have a solid team.

OVs Gold Chain*

Was nice to see a fairly called game, paid off on the scoreboard

Alexei Yashvalev

Nov 15, 2006
Victoria B.C.
Well, you have a very different idea of what constitutes a treat than I do. Two goalies pitching shutouts is usually a recipe for boredom unless you love defense, but I admit that it was a great game tonight. Washington seemed very cool, calm and collected.

Don't like saves? :laugh:

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Is matt niskanen french canadian and i didn't know it? Thought he was from minnesota but didn't sound like it

flashy

In the name of Kane.
Dec 17, 2009
Edmonton

Man.

It has to do with the past and how they've been a top tier team and failed over and over again. This team seems like the real deal though.

nhldiedinthe90s*

who farted lol
Sep 23, 2013

Man.

Being a cynical fan is easy, but when you're a Caps fan it's correct.

There have been at least five years since the 80's where we had a clear-cut best team in the NHL, and we've never won. Never really been close. Had the best team in the East a few years back and blew a 3-1 series lead against an inferior team.

Tonight is Big Russian Celebration, but give it time...

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
This kid was a beast the whole game, best player on the Rangers tonight. What a get by the Rangers!!

Hey, slow down there bud!!!

Haha your right the rags even tho we hate them there a good team could see this going the distance (7). I feel ovi needs to brake out and still will is so unbeleavable that skill needs to take to next level cause those rags are good with there sticks

poeman

To Win The One Ring
Mar 8, 2006
Barely got any good shots on Holtby, alot of open shots. The Rangers have to find the angles and cut the cute stuff. Disappointing loss.

Rangers have to attack the net with Holtby

Lovethiscity

Nov 9, 2014
Tampa, FL
Yep. The east is so wide open and I can't see any of these final 4 teams fearing one another.

I see the struggle of that first series as a little flukey now that the uphill battle is over, but the Capitals I saw tonight worry me. The Rangers were quite sharp as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad