MDF Game 3 | Rangers @ Capitals 5/4/15 7:30pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyedoc

May 1, 2015
Just a great playoff hockey game tonight. Rangers couldn't play better without scoring a goal. Should be another great game Wednesday night!

Hats off to the Caps.

Crappy way to lose on such a weak goal, but that is just the way the puck bounces sometimes.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Yep, it's always a treat to watch two goalies on top of their game go head-to-head in the playoffs.
Well, you have a very different idea of what constitutes a treat than I do. Two goalies pitching shutouts is usually a recipe for boredom unless you love defense, but I admit that it was a great game tonight. Washington seemed very cool, calm and collected.

Dec 19, 2008
NoVA
and many claimed the Rangers would faceroll past the Caps.

Glad they are proving them wrong.

Caps are a much better playoff team under Trotz. Oates and Hunter, while beloved players were absolute jokes as coaches. Oates literally told the D to not block shots or hit because it would take them out of position......

Anyway, new coach that knows what he is doing and a bolstered d corps has really given this squad life. Love it!

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Dunno what is more surprising.

7/7 Rangers games being 1 goal games or Ducks 6-0 start.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
I said it and I will say it again.

Rangers have forwards that can go cold and very very cold.

They are proving it right now.

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
Do any of the other goalies playing now come close to these two? Maybe Price, but I don't see the others even close.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Not usually a big believer in f/o stats, but tonight may have changed my mind. 70% Caps - 30% Rangers. Wow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad