Confirmed with Link: McLeod signed for 3 years

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
I am completely ambivalent on this deal. The term is a bit lengthy, but McLeod has stuck for a long time on the team and is obviously of value to the club. And every team needs a guy like him. The Avs have a known commodity signed for cheap. Not really something to get upset or excited about.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
True, maybe it was more lack of scoring chances. I think he got a couple goals at the end of the year too.

I believe he simply needs to get back to forechecking properly, being physical, creating some turnovers in the offensive zone - that sort of thing. He'll then pop a goal or so per month, and life will be good on the 4th line. ;)

I still do not like McLeod on the PK though. I think he puts his body in OK position, and he can skate. But, I believe his ability to anticipate where the player/puck is going to go is nonexistent, hence his stick positioning sucks. I think he makes things pretty easy for opposing players at the point on the PP.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
At this point we just have to assume that he's a great locker-room guy and is really important there. He's a fine enough 4th liner, especially if he can build on his newfound PK prowess, and with bordy around for when we need someone to beat the really big baddies taking the pressure off of him to fight guys he shouldn't at bad times, hopefully, we're all good on the ice with him in a strictly 4th line/PK role. I like Winchester more as a pure 4th liner/PKer but Cody's a lot better than cliche.

And the price is fine, with good term to reward him for those locker room moments we don't see that are behind the A on his chest.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Posted this in the Stuart thread and might as well paste in here, too.

Awful.

No need to pay him this soon. If he played well this year, then sure, do this in February or March.

No need to pay him this much this early.

Starting to question Sakic's ability to make decisions when it comes to trading and contracts.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I am completely ambivalent on this deal. The term is a bit lengthy, but McLeod has stuck for a long time on the team and is obviously of value to the club. And every team needs a guy like him. The Avs have a known commodity signed for cheap. Not really something to get upset or excited about.

Same here. A decent career 4th liner, but a career 4th liner nonetheless.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Posted this in the Stuart thread and might as well paste in here, too.

Eh. One was an assistant captain who's been year forever and didn't require much commitment, the other hasn't played a match for us, required a much bigger investment, and was awful for the last two teams that dumped him.

Don't really think it makes sense to conflate the two. One was a "meh, whatevs" move and the other a "lol Patty's trolling again."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad