Confirmed with Link: McLeod signed for 3 years

m0ngr31

I don't love either signing today, but at least we didn't throw in a 2nd round draft picks to someone to get them done... :D

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
My reaction to this one is kind of ………. meh, whatever. McLeod's OK as a 4th line grunt, and he plays a pretty consistent, albeit limited, game. It's not an expensive contract, so no big deal IMO.

Again though, one would think that Heard would be pushing for McLeod's position at some point. I guess that's not really soon.

And it also makes me wonder how serious Bordeleau's back injury is/was.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
My reaction to this one is kind of ………. meh, whatever. McLeod's OK as a 4th line grunt, and he plays a pretty consistent, albeit limited, game. It's not an expensive contract, so no big deal IMO.

Again though, one would think that Heard would be pushing for McLeod's position at some point. I guess that's not really soon.

Right, there was the silver lining for the contract. Won't see Heard. That's something at least. Unless Heard improves tremendously now this year as last year was really poor from him.

what an evening still. Gotta cool down from having one of my least favorite players extended (McLeod).

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Instead of listing everything I've disliked. I can just say what I disagree with.

I like Holden, decent FA signing, OK extension. Nothing great. I dont think they have upgraded our prospect pool since I dont like the prospects they have signed and I dont like how they have traded draft picks for useless return. I dont like how they have drafted, HATE their focus on size. Wake up Roy, the 90's have passed.

Can we really credit them for getting MacKinnon? I could have selected him first overall too. The Tanguay trade was great cause we got rid off Jones contract. I like Talbot, one of my fav bottom six players in the NHL, but Downie had a lot more value at the time.

You don't think the prospect pool has been upgraded?? Why would you care about draft picks then if you don't like who they drafted? Which players would you have preferred? We had enough midgets in the system, it hardly leans to oversize at this point. And yes getting MacKinnon wasn't the layup it looks now. Sometimes the most difficult and important decisions are what to do with those high picks. Don't forget how much pressure they had to get Jones. I'm not so sure the Lacroix boys wouldn't have gone in that direction.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Pretty much the only two moves I've liked since they came in was the Tanguay trade and signing Iggy.

Most of them aren't "meh" moves either, they freakin suck and it's embarrassing. Do they have any front office expirence what so ever?

Are seriously going [mod] crazy over a 4th line forward? Or are you jealous over his job security?

Last edited by a moderator:

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Are seriously going [mod] crazy over a 4th line forward? Or are you jealous over his job security?

Well I am :laugh::laugh:.
I'm tired as well which might be a reason :D.

And I'm jealous yes, I think everyone is a bit.
And you have cfg in the Stuart thread and me here. You need at least someone who really dislikes every signing.

Last edited by a moderator:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Well I am :laugh::laugh:.
I'm tired as well which might be a reason :D.

And I'm jealous yes, I think everyone is a bit.

;)
This is how I see it, Avs will not win nor lose any Cups because of McLeod. But it also seems that McLeod has a great lockerroom presence that we cannot judge on this board. How people are despising a move where the guy is so insignificant is beyond hilarious to me. :laugh:

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
If McLeod stays in the lineup and finishes out this contract in Colorado, he could be ranked third all-time in games played in the history of the Avalanche.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
At first I wasn't too happy with this but at that price I see no harm in keeping him around.

I like Cody a lot personally. He has slowed these past couple years but has his moments. I wonder if he actually has that many more years left in him at NHL level though...

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
;)
This is how I see it, Avs will not win nor lose any Cups because of McLeod. But it also seems that McLeod has a great lockerroom presence that we cannot judge on this board. How people are despising a move where the guy is so insignificant is beyond hilarious to me. :laugh:

I just don't like the length, and due to the length I don't like that high of an AAV.
Cody is fine as the 13th forwards/injury replacement.
But those shouldn't get 3 year deals.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
I like the Stuart contract, but this I do not.

Why sign Patrick Bordeleau to a three year contract and then turn around and give McLeod the same thing? I say one or the other, and Bordeleau definitely makes more happen when he's on the ice.

If McLeod is a good leader in the locker room so be it, but his 15 goal/20 point season is a distant memory.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
You guys are hilarious. There is absolutely no reason to dislike signing McLeod for $1.333M. None.

Sakic and Roy know how valuable he is to the team. The only thing I'm surprised about is that they didn't try to get a contract year performance out of him by waiting, but then I guess it would have cost them more to keep him. It's the new Avs MO of taking a calculated risk and signing guys early.

Rumplesnipeskin

Bar Down
Nov 30, 2011
Colorado
The numbers had not yet come out when I penned my prior post - thus I feel a follow up is necessary. Still not a McLeod fan, but I must say that I do think the terms are solid. I have gone from hating this move to experiencing moderate discomfort with it :cheers:

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
These signings are both about leadership in the locker room. You need to have some veterans on the team.

This Avs section is getting worse by the day. Everything that happens is the end of the world. I am most likely going to stay away from here when the season starts, or at least try. Need a break.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
These signings are both about leadership in the locker room. You need to have some veterans on the team.

This Avs section is getting worse by the day. Everything that happens is the end of the world. I am most likely going to stay away from here when the season starts, or at least try. Need a break.

Relax.
It's the start of the season. We are all a bit rusty as well.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Was hoping this would be his last season with the team. Not a fan of this.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
But, but, but... there are so many players with a higher "Overall" rating and higher "Speed" and "Acceleration" ratings. Come on, management!

Always funny seeing the armchair GMs who need a skate tightener to do up their laces talk about what's best for the team. These people have no concept of dressing room leadership, tenure, 'the big dog', and having an authoritative, consistent presence among a group of boys.

Good signing, was supposed to have gotten done before the playoffs even started. Congrats Highlander.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
But, but, but... there are so many players with a higher "Overall" rating and higher "Speed" and "Acceleration" ratings. Come on, management!

Always funny seeing the armchair GMs who need a skate tightener to do up their laces talk about what's best for the team. These people have no concept of dressing room leadership, tenure, 'the big dog', and having an authoritative, consistent presence among a group of boys.

Good signing, was supposed to have gotten done before the playoffs even started. Congrats Highlander.

Exactly. He just brings so much to the table that you need apart from scoring, his teammates love him, and he's cheap. There's really no reason not to re-sign him.

I'd imagine the team probably wanted to see how his rehab went over the summer before signing him. That might have been what caused the holdup.

AVSfan2daMAX

Nov 24, 2006
I find it funny that many people seemed to insinuate that McLeod's spot on the team was in jeopardy. I've said many times before, Roy loves him. He wasn't going anywhere. And to be honest, the dude was fairly useless last year, but overall McLeod has been a great 4th liner for this team.

The guy has good finish for a fourth liner, drops the gloves, finishes his hits, wears an A on a very young team and kills penalties. How is it that people still find things to complain about? Playing with Winchester and Talbot, I can see him have a good season again.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Not just Winchester, but he may even play with Mitchell. There's a huge difference between Cliche being your center and one of them.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
I really didn't wanna continue in this thread, but I feel like I must:

The guy has good finish for a fourth liner
Very debatable. He sometimes finds good positions in front of the net though.
drops the gloves
Not that much anymore and he loses almost every fight anyway. Also starts fights at times when the other team wants it, not when it benefits us.
wears an A on a very young team
Apparently a good presence in the locker room.
Takes lots of stupid penalties though, usually at times when we are dominating.
kills penalties
Not very well though (explanation in earlier post).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad