Proposal: McDonagh to Jets..?

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
What about the second part? Are fans like that too?

I suppose. Generally speaking, I find the trade boards to mostly be like this:

Trade offer that is a rip off for the team you follow - "Awful"
Trade offer that is slightly unfair to the team you follow - "Awful"
Fair trade offer for both sides - "Awful"
Trade offer that benefits your team slightly - "Awful"
Trade offer that benefits your team - "I'll think about it"
Trade offer that greatly benefits your team - "I grudgingly accept"

Reactions: AnishLoomba

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
I don't hate the rangers. I just hate when teams have a high value player and want the moon for them. I wish for them to get half of what they request and would want to see their reactions after

You’re upset that fans that have high value players, ask for high value?

So If your team moved a high value asset, you would be happy getting 1/2 of your request?

Reactions: haveandare

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Jets are not looking for dmen. Maybe a depth guy in case of injuries. Bottom 6 forward maybe but thats it.

Reactions: Snowman

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I think this is close.

Veselainen would be in any deal. I’ve always been a big Roslovic fan but doubt they could get him AND Veselainen.

Sounds like Niku is a non starter. Which is fine. No interest in Copp though.

I would think Lemieux would have to be in the deal. I don’t know Winnipeg that well so I don’t know if a guy like Armia would be in the table. Maybe Connor is? I don’t know the Jets depth chart that well.

Rangers can add one if the rental wingers as well, maybe even Maurice favorite Zuccarello if the return is on point.

McDonagh and Nash or Grabner for 2018 1st, Veselainen, Lemieux and Armia makes some sense to me, but I could be off.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
You’re upset that fans that have high value players, ask for high value?

So If your team moved a high value asset, you would be happy getting 1/2 of your request?
i'd be happy if the return was similar to what i predicted it to be or offered it to be. i get really happy if other teams don't get what they asked for. thats hysterical

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
We still have Stanley and Samberg, plus Kulikov is looking pretty good this season and he’s not old either, so we should have many LD options in the future.
Both Stanley and Samberg are still miles away, and Kulikov makes 4.33 a year.

If we were to add a contract that runs through next year, we need to make up for that by letting someone important go. And before you guys come and say "But Enstrom! But Matthias! But Mason!", those guys need to leave REGARDLESS of who we acquire or don't acquire. Adding significant contracts to the team we currently have means additional losses. That is why a player like Niku is way more important to us than to other teams.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
I appreciate the effort put into the initial proposal

Not bad. I think Rangers should target Roslovic though and maybe take Vesalainen and 3rd off.

Roslovic, Niku, 1st & Copp for McDonagh.
Yes this is probably more likely what the Rangers would want. Roslovic fits the mold of player our GM goes after

Last edited:

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
I think this is close.

Veselainen would be in any deal. I’ve always been a big Roslovic fan but doubt they could get him AND Veselainen.

Sounds like Niku is a non starter. Which is fine. No interest in Copp though.

I would think Lemieux would have to be in the deal. I don’t know Winnipeg that well so I don’t know if a guy like Armia would be in the table. Maybe Connor is? I don’t know the Jets depth chart that well.

Rangers can add one if the rental wingers as well, maybe even Maurice favorite Zuccarello if the return is on point.

McDonagh and Nash or Grabner for 2018 1st, Veselainen, Lemieux and Armia makes some sense to me, but I could be off.
Drop Nash and Armia from the deal altogether, and replace Lemieux with a mid round pick. Then you are close.

Jetsfan87

Aug 24, 2015
Ontario
The value is probably right but I don't think Chevy does it. Jets are a draft and develop team and we arent in the position to be trading prospects yet. Key word is yet, see how this goes (playoffs) and maybe next year it's time to make those deadline deals.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Roslovic Dano Foley 1st 3rd for McD and Zuc and i do it.

Foley is a pretty impressive young college player.. Looks like he will be on an NHL team soon.

Helps the Rags and their apparent rebuild plus helps the Jets as McD upgrades the LHD big time and Zuc is a Maurice favorite so it works. Think its fair..

Jets might considering add but nothing like Vesa or Niku or even Lemieux.

Maybe Kravkovsky the Russian kid .

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Drop Nash and Armia from the deal altogether, and replace Lemieux with a mid round pick. Then you are close.
Lemieux or Armia (I assume Connor and Roslovic are off the table) need to be in. Rangers need help at wing too badly and need someone closer to the NHL than Veselainen.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Roslovic Dano Foley 1st 3rd for McD and Zuc and i do it.

Foley is a pretty impressive young college player.. Looks like he will be on an NHL team soon.

Helps the Rags and their apparent rebuild plus helps the Jets as McD upgrades the LHD big time and Zuc is a Maurice favorite so it works. Think its fair..

Jets might considering add but nothing like Vesa or Niku or even Lemieux.

Maybe Kravkovsky the Russian kid .
No interest in Dano.

Lemieux has to be in, and if Zuccarello is in there is no way Vesalainen isn’t in the deal too.

Reactions: haveandare

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Lemieux or Armia (I assume Connor and Roslovic are off the table) need to be in. Rangers need help at wing too badly and need someone closer to the NHL than Veselainen.
One of the three, then. As I said, I'm comfortable giving up a first, along with a Vesalainen (basically, any prospect not named Niku or Roslovic), but nothing more in terms of significant assets.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
One of the three, then. As I said, I'm comfortable giving up a first, along with a Vesalainen (basically, any prospect not named Niku or Roslovic), but nothing more in terms of significant assets.
And that is a really close deal. 2018 1st, (Vesalainen or Roslovic) & (Lemieux or Armia) is where I stand. I think that’s pretty fair too.
Rangers can add mid pick or a rental but that’s what I’ve got for you.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
Jets won't make a deal that involves top end prospects at the deadline or off season. Probably will try to unload some middle prospects for a depth d-man.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
And that is a really close deal. 2018 1st, (Vesalainen or Roslovic) & (Lemieux or Armia) is where I stand. I think that’s pretty fair too.
Rangers can add mid pick or a rental but that’s what I’ve got for you.
Pass. One of Lemieux, Armia and Roslovic is more than a fair ask, but any two of them is a no go. If we were to add McDonagh's contract, Armia would probably be a lost cause anyway due to cap constraints, which means that we need our cheap wing depth to replace him. Furthermore, McDonagh only has a year left after this one, and if we want to re-up him too... you get the idea. We could throw another pick in there, I suppose.

Anyway, I don't really see us making a move of this magnitude.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Too rich for me. Jets are getting close to cap issues. Trading away top prospects is not a good way to go. That defense would be ridiculously good though (but also a massive cap hit).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad