Proposal: McDonagh to Jets..?

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Proposal:
50A50094-7008-490F-BDC7-186C544DB403.jpeg

Is it fair and would it benefit both sides?

Last edited:

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Rangers fans who know nothing about the prospects offered will say it's a bad deal.

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
I just don't see the Jets as being in the market for a top 4 D, let alone a #1D.

I think the value looks a little hefty, though. Best forward prospect and best D prospect? (Obviously, McDonagh is going to cost someone a fortune, so it's really not that bad...)

Reactions: AnishLoomba

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Not bad. I think Rangers should target Roslovic though and maybe take Vesalainen and 3rd off.

Roslovic, Niku, 1st & Copp for McDonagh.

tgo0

Aug 28, 2007
Winnipeg
It’s a steep price to pay but that’s probably the return McD will get, not sure I want to do that from a Jets POV though.

In the offseason if it’s apparent Trouba isn’t resigning then I’d probably be a lot more open to something like this. Or maybe something like Trouba instead of Vesalainen and the 1st.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
The value is perfect but if Vesalainen were a RHS winger or a dman I'd do it

Yes I know who Vesalainen and Niku are, impressive prospects especially the former

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
We should not trade Niku. Our D prospect pipeline is bad enough as it is; trading Niku would further destroy our hopes of replacing older defensemen for cheap. I can live with giving up a first and even Vesalainen (that one stings, though) for McDonagh, but after those two, any more substantial pieces won't be added.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Why do you hate the Rangers so much ?
I don't hate the rangers. I just hate when teams have a high value player and want the moon for them. I wish for them to get half of what they request and would want to see their reactions after

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
It’s a steep price to pay but that’s probably the return McD will get, not sure I want to do that from a Jets POV though.

In the offseason if it’s apparent Trouba isn’t resigning then I’d probably be a lot more open to something like this. Or maybe something like Trouba instead of Vesalainen and the 1st.

If the Rangers could talk to Trouba about resigning ahead of a trade with Wpg.
I would make the trade from the Rangers perspective.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
jets having this D next year with Enstroms contract ending would be lethal

Morrissey-Trouba
McDonagh-Buff
Kulikov-Myers

Reactions: 204hockey

Whileee

May 29, 2010
No way Wpg does this. Like, at all.
Agree. Jets' future success will depend on keeping a pipeline of good young players so they can manage the cap with their core. McDonagh offers them just a year and a half before UFA, and Chevy has said often that the Jets' strategy is to build for long-term success, which means sticking with a draft and develop philosophy.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
We should not trade Niku. Our D prospect pipeline is bad enough as it is; trading Niku would further destroy our hopes of replacing older defensemen for cheap. I can live with giving up a first and even Vesalainen (that one stings, though) for McDonagh, but after those two, any more substantial pieces won't be added.

We still have Stanley and Samberg, plus Kulikov is looking pretty good this season and he’s not old either, so we should have many LD options in the future.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad