Post-Game Talk: Mcdavid>Winnipeg Jets lose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
This is more than a little abuse, and some players getting it more than others.

A few posters really dissapointing me..

RapidFrailJabiru-size_restricted.gif
But does any player take more abuse than the coach? And coaches are paid far less than the players. No one gets second guessed as much as them either.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
But does any player take more abuse than the coach? And coaches are paid far less than the players. No one gets second guessed as much as them either.
To start this season, yes definitely..

Ehlers and Laine are getting shafted tbh..
But hey, lets agree to disagree - Think I need to take a little hiatus from the GDTs’ and PGTs’.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
I don't think they laid an egg against Nashville. I thought the Dallas game was worse. I thought they came out hard against Nashville. That game was back and forth in the first. Then the refs stepped in
First period was great for sure but as bad as the refs were, the Jets were really undisciplined. We didn't see a ton of that after a poor effort last year.

More to the point, they've played three pretty indifferent games out of their last 4. Call it what you want.

Reactions: Board Bard

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Laine is looking at getting paid 10 mil. You can call me worthless every hour on the hour, for a quarter of that.

Yeah --for $ 2.5 mil per year, add me to your abuse list Probably Wrong. Give me all you got, and I'll still go home happy with my big bag of money.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Please let’s not stupidly throw this all on the coach now. For someone like Scheif that is as committed as he is, I am severely disappointed in his lack of responsibility in the defensive zone. He cheats for offense all the time and he needs not too. He is too talented to be a one trick pony.
I don’t think I’m being stupid. I would just like to see him react in a timely fashion.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Laine is looking at getting paid 10 mil. You can call me worthless every hour on the hour, for a quarter of that.
Why are you doing this?

Not exactly my point was it?

Ofc, they probably couldn’t give two shits about what a couple of posters with way too much time on their hands write..

My point is that a few players are getting blamed alot more, and alot harsher than a few other players, who imo have been just as bad, albeit with alot more toi to show for it.

Btw, Laine isn’t getting paid 10mil yet is he now?

The way some very adament posters are talking about Laine and Ehlers, even when they played well - Well it makes it obvious they have a bias against them... Even tho they are Jets. The same posters who are being asses towards these players, are not the same posters who give them credit when they play well, again, obvious bias against them.

For me personally it is getting old to see grown men write like this about some of our youngsters.. I get this is ok for some of you, hence me saying a hiatus might be the right choice for me personally.

Luckily RDR2 is coming out next week

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Why are you doing this?

Not exactly my point was it?

Ofc, they probably couldn’t give two ****s about what a couple of posters with way too much time on their hands write..

My point is that a few players are getting blamed alot more, and alot harsher than a few other players, who imo have been just as bad, albeit with alot more toi to show for it.

Btw, Laine isn’t getting paid 10mil yet is he now?

The way some very adament posters are talking about Laine and Ehlers, even when they played well - Well it makes it obvious they have a bias against them... Even tho they are Jets. The same posters who are being asses towards these players, are not the same posters who give them credit when they play well, again, obvious bias against them.

For me personally it is getting old to see grown men write like this about some of our youngsters.. I get this is ok for some of you, hence me saying a hiatus might be the right choice for me personally.

Luckily RDR2 is coming out next week
Hey no one is keeping you here.
My point was that of course we are not going to be as harsh about Copp, Lowry or Tanev. I reserve the right to be harder on star players than role players was my point. But you are right Wheeler and Little have also been lousy. Schief has been less than great. I don't see Connor being as obvious with his mistakes as Ehlers OT mistake last game so haven't faulted him. Trouba can't abuse that guy enough. He got burnt big time on the first goal.
The fact that Laine hasn't got the money yet, does not make him any less a target. If people are going to talk about him and that amount he better earn it. Last year he would have put one of those shots in.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Hey no one is keeping you here.
My point was that of course we are not going to be as harsh about Copp, Lowry or Tanev. I reserve the right to be harder on star players than role players was my point. But you are right Wheeler and Little have also been lousy. Schief has been less than great. I don't see Connor being as obvious with his mistakes as Ehlers OT mistake last game so haven't faulted him. Trouba can't abuse that guy enough. He got burnt big time on the first goal.
The fact that Laine hasn't got the money yet, does not make him any less a target. If people are going to talk about him and that amount he better earn it. Last year he would have put one of those shots in.
Fair enough..

Just feel like, personally, Ehlers and Laine have been scapegoated far too many times, while not seeing the same favourable treatment as say a Kyle Connor.

It is like posters are not taking things like that into account, stuff that could definitely break a young player.

And the also the same posters, never seem to have anything good to say about these guys..And then to me, it seems like a headhunt plain and simple.

Reactions: probablywrongbut

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
I’m a bit concerned but not freaked out.
It’s puzzling how such a talented group can look so sluggish and disengaged.
Other than LA game we haven’t looked good.
It’s not an one line or player it’s the whole thing seems off.
KC has been really consistent but not anyone else really.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Fair enough..

Just feel like, personally, Ehlers and Laine have been scapegoated far too many times, while not seeing the same favourable treatment as say a Kyle Connor.

It is like posters are not taking things like that into account, stuff that could definitely break a young player.

And the also the same posters, never seem to have anything good to say about these guys..And then to me, it seems like a headhunt plain and simple.
Laine is a million times better this year. So good in every element of the game. So frustrating when he can't put one in. His dangles wowsa. Also I don't like when he or Wheeler tried to do it all by themselves on the powerplay and go 1 on 4. You have the extra man slow down. Connor can definitely not do that.

Reactions: QuietContrarian

folix

Jul 24, 2011
Didnt Laine have like 7 shots on goal? That tells me he is doing his job.

ecolad

Nov 17, 2015
The sad thing is he didn't use to cheat defensively. It's only been the last year that this has started happening...

Quite right - but Schiefele also made a significant change in his playstyle in the offensive zone starting at the beginning of last year as well. (Just nobody wanted to talk about it cause ...we were winning:sarcasm: ). The year before ended with him on the ESL line ,where he was obliged to do most of the bullwork either on the rush or on the forecheck. He played as the set-up guy, with Laine as the finisher, and it was hard physical work along the boards as puck retriever. By playing with Wheeler and Connor, he is able to now play the role of finisher that he prefers - positioning himself much differently in soft areas and keeping the physical contact he never cared for to a minimum. I suspect strongly that Schiefele will now resist any move to a line where he is required to give up his role as finisher and once more become the set up guy for someone else.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Quite right - but Schiefele also made a significant change in his playstyle in the offensive zone starting at the beginning of last year as well. (Just nobody wanted to talk about it cause ...we were winning:sarcasm: ). The year before ended with him on the ESL line ,where he was obliged to do most of the bullwork either on the rush or on the forecheck. He played as the set-up guy, with Laine as the finisher, and it was hard physical work along the boards as puck retriever. By playing with Wheeler and Connor, he is able to now play the role of finisher that he prefers - positioning himself much differently in soft areas and keeping the physical contact he never cared for to a minimum. I suspect strongly that Schiefele will now resist any move to a line where he is required to give up his role as finisher and once more become the set up guy for someone else.

Yeah I noticed that change as well. He may resist but that is why he isn't the coach, he was far more effective two years ago.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg

Sounds like a whole lot of bullpoopie to me. Scheifele is a chameleon, he can play any role that's asked of him and actually dominated as a physical shutdown player alongside Stone and O'Reilly on Team Canada or as the support role for McDavid and Matthews on Team NA. I don't think a personality like Scheifele's would ever allow himself to be above the team in any respect. He's a team first guy, and nothing I've seen or heard to date would hint otherwise.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016

The complete line has changed - not just Scheif -
When you switch out Ehlers and Laine for Wheeler and Connor, you have something completely different.

This line plays a hard forecheck - there's nothing soft about it. You're right that Scheif is not doing all the work but he's still working hard in the ozone (along with the other 2). All 3 of these guys can score in bunches - I don't see any of them standing out as a finisher.

I don't see Scheif avoiding a working role - but I do see him avoiding a role where he's the only one doing any work.
Don't expect to see the clock turn back - right or wrong, Scheif's day of playing grinder for the rookies is over.

Reactions: probablywrongbut
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad